Release 195 - Report issues here

An issue with total skill point count in Skills window, I think. Probably because my avatar is not max level, but it says I have spent 67/100 skill points, but it won’t let me spend more than 68, apparently. Seems like it should say 67/68 for this avatar (level 34)?

Not sure if this is an issue or a published change, apologies, but I can mine diamonds with my iron hammer, currently…

Also seeing mis-counts for the gathered/mined items, primarily between the highest achieved Tier in a Feat stack and the next un-achieved Tier, for Sand / Soil / Unique item gathering, Coal / Metal Ore / Ancient Tech / Fossil / Gem / Unique item mining.

Looks like my miner/gatherers count for mined Metal Ores was reset to 0 (though it shows Tier 4 completed with 100,000/100,000), Tier 5 shows 1/1,000,000.

Trades completed count was reset to 0, too (though it shows I have Tier 1 completed).

I would like to have a go at using the forge but haven’t got a clue what ingredients need to be made first. Do I need pretty much all of the items in the knowledge tab for the forge or can I start off with just some key ones? Is the whole thing as complicated as it looks or is it reasonably self explanatory. … Sorry for all the questions … apparently we are supposed to be able to use it a quite a low level, decide whether to progress from stone to metal or forge and enhance the stone ones. It looks like there’s a huge amount of preparation needed before we can even think of using and I don’t want to waste a load of time and resources just to end up with dud tools and weapons. Any advice would be much appreciated … particularly regarding the ingredients.

Untitled

When consolidating stacks the number 2 slot (across) doesn’t seem to work. At first I thought it was only something to do with consolidation I had done there, then tried to move 100 blocks into that spot (nothing will fill that spot), but then I saw another smart stack didn’t even let me move a 100 block stack out of the number 2 spot.

EDIT: Seems to be more than the number 2 slot that’s affected. Now I’m having issues in multiple slot spaces.

Hope that made sense.

With my crafter, before I selected Machine Crafting L1 (ie, crafter had Machine Crafting L0), both Refinery and Mixer appeared in Workbench crafting menu, tho the overlay states they require Machine Crafting L1. Same with Iron Furnace Crucible and Base, and I think Spark Link.

All Weapon Augments, in the overlay, show bonuses of ‘increased action speed’ (instead of increased damage/critical/distance, etc), not just the Speed augments. This is true for the Warp and Revive augments as well.

Compact Silt / Clay / Peat are showing color names in the overlay for the compactor recipes. I am assuming that the resulting colors of the blocks will be decided from the color of the input blocks, still, and so (esp. since none of the other blocks are showing color names) I am thinking those color names are not supposed to be showing.

BTW, I really like the more muted earthtones in the current color palette for 195. Too many bright and neon tones takes away from things that should actually stand out and/or glow and hurts my eyes after a while. Even if changes to the colors are still coming, I vote for not going back to super bright and shiny for everything.

1 Like

Well, supporting your local crafters, many of whom will be happy to sell you a juiced-up grapple (assuming they can be modded), is a time-honored traditional way to contribute to the local economy :wink:

1 Like

I am really enjoying the new color scheme. While it is clear the lighting is being tweaked, I hope that the tweaking will not force everything to be super shiny and vivid, which, while cool, gets hard to look at after a while (or, alternately, that we are given a gamma control or some such as found in many games to dampen it a bit if it does).

All you need is pure boon compound, preferably level 3, and setting resin. Get at least 10 of the first and just one resin to finish forging.
I just created a nice copper slingbow with 3 boons that way. I use less energy when shooting, projectiles are faster and the sling applies Weakness status to hit creature.

I made a video tutorial on forging ingredients and their types and what they do. It can be helpful maybe. Planning to make second part showing actual forging and possible strategies in combining different materials. Should be ready within next few days.

PS Make sure you get your Vitality up, as it decides about your forging process Stability. I had Stability 1700 for example so I could do 16 rounds of forging, meaning I could use up to 16 compounds before I had to stop as each compound uses 100-110 Stability.

1 Like

If you switch in-hand item (tested right+default hand) quickly after using a tool, maybe due to switching before the visible motion has completed, the graphic and functionality of the in-hand item do not update to what is shown on the in-hand dial.
e.g., I chopped a block to remove it, immediately after hearing the ‘chop’ sound, I rotated the dial to the block stack for replacement, but my hand still showed the axe in it. When I ‘chopped’ again, the block ‘resisted’ all the damage…

1 Like

I can also confirm this @vdragon the location was OmniShop Blacksmith (top floor, iron tools) i bought a stack of 3 iron grapples and although it said 0 coins were spent i think its a textual error only as my coins were still deducted (also sent an in-game report with exact co-ords)

1 Like

Missing “Element” text on tooltip

Also, the forge effect of “-720 Damage” is a little misleading… this slingbow actually fires 4 shots at 65% damage per shot of base damage (it had no quirks or defects with enough points to make them active when I forged it).

1 Like

vdragon, I had the same thing too in the same place - many prices showed differently when in the process of purchasing than what was displayed when it confirmed that the purchase completed.

1 Like

looks like it is as @Shendonis said… across the board @Stretchious @vdragon

The way i found out it is a text only error is the fact that i had 1,600 coin before buying , then when i said on my Twitch Stream (Ahh XXX thiis, lets take liberty of it until its fixed) thats when i noticed my coins were at about 1,220 and after purchasing as few more things the coins were deducted as expected (also the text reflected it)

1 Like

The light source brightness is reduced by the held items. If i have 2 held items light is reduced by half.