Release 195 - Report issues here

You could be right … I really miss my gold grapples for getting about underground :frowning_face:
I can’t see myself being able to get enough skill points to make my character any good at the forge for a very very long time plus all the materials that i’ll probably need. I’ve never liked slot machines and roulette wheels which from what I’ve seen of the forge you have to gamble a bit. From what iv’e seen in the knowledge tab there are a huge amount of ingredients that have to be made so it means all those ingredients are made up of other ingredients which means a ridiculous amount of gathering, hunting and mining before you can even get started.

Reported in-game, but maybe I should mention here as well: Several Core Feats appear to be mis-counting/mis-calculating, including Objectives completed, Feats Completed, and Talented Citizen. I’m not sure if this is a result of maintaining previous Core feat completions with new running/total counts (e.g., my Tier 4 [achieved] for Objectives completed shows 125/125, but Tier 5 [incomplete] shows 26/193), but even if so, Talented Citizen appears to have an issue, as Tier 4 [incomplete] shows 272/500, and Tier 5 [completed] shows 100/100.

Also, Builder Feat Beacon Prestige appears to have an issue, unless this is a result of prestige being recalculated… Tier 1 (completed) shows 10,000/10,000, but Tier 2 (incomplete) shows 3901/100,000.

Finding similar mis-countings/mis-calculations with Worlds Discovered feat and Regions discovered feat.

I guess my forging skills are too epic… the last step DCed me and now it still thinks there is an item in the center - can’t take it out; can’t replace it, and doing the next step DC’s me again lol

shame… that is a smart stack of 9 :rofl:

Oh! ok… the forge finally figured it out… so it looks like I used up the first smart stack of boon compound, and the forge didn’t quite know what to do with the change left over that wasn’t enough to do the next step ( like there was 10… the step used 9 and it was left with a stack of one that couldn’t be used since it needed 9 per step

1 Like

Not sure if this is considered an ‘issue’, if not, apologies: the interface for Skills is a little confusing because it doesn’t track ‘current bonus’ vs ‘next tier bonus’. for example, I selected 5/5 for Hammer Mastery, but the text (still) says ‘increases hammer damage by 10%’. Could it be updated so that the overlay text says (with current selection) ‘current hammer bonus damage: xx%’:‘next level - x% total (or y% additional) damage’? I think that would make it much clearer and friendlier to players trying to figure out how to balance their skillset.

It seems to me that my draw distance where you still see max quality has decreased and that distant objects become the lowest possible level of voxel detail sooner than before. Also a sharp decrease in FPS since prior to patch when looking at horizon in grass areas. I haven’t changed settings since prior to the Live update.

I got similar on Testing but it didn’t seem this pronounced. I see there are mutliple engine changes, I’ll fiddle with some settings like cloud quality but I don’t understand the draw distance quality issue. It’s like Target FPS is back on (it’s not).

1 Like

An issue with total skill point count in Skills window, I think. Probably because my avatar is not max level, but it says I have spent 67/100 skill points, but it won’t let me spend more than 68, apparently. Seems like it should say 67/68 for this avatar (level 34)?

Not sure if this is an issue or a published change, apologies, but I can mine diamonds with my iron hammer, currently…

Also seeing mis-counts for the gathered/mined items, primarily between the highest achieved Tier in a Feat stack and the next un-achieved Tier, for Sand / Soil / Unique item gathering, Coal / Metal Ore / Ancient Tech / Fossil / Gem / Unique item mining.

Looks like my miner/gatherers count for mined Metal Ores was reset to 0 (though it shows Tier 4 completed with 100,000/100,000), Tier 5 shows 1/1,000,000.

Trades completed count was reset to 0, too (though it shows I have Tier 1 completed).

I would like to have a go at using the forge but haven’t got a clue what ingredients need to be made first. Do I need pretty much all of the items in the knowledge tab for the forge or can I start off with just some key ones? Is the whole thing as complicated as it looks or is it reasonably self explanatory. … Sorry for all the questions … apparently we are supposed to be able to use it a quite a low level, decide whether to progress from stone to metal or forge and enhance the stone ones. It looks like there’s a huge amount of preparation needed before we can even think of using and I don’t want to waste a load of time and resources just to end up with dud tools and weapons. Any advice would be much appreciated … particularly regarding the ingredients.

Untitled

When consolidating stacks the number 2 slot (across) doesn’t seem to work. At first I thought it was only something to do with consolidation I had done there, then tried to move 100 blocks into that spot (nothing will fill that spot), but then I saw another smart stack didn’t even let me move a 100 block stack out of the number 2 spot.

EDIT: Seems to be more than the number 2 slot that’s affected. Now I’m having issues in multiple slot spaces.

Hope that made sense.

With my crafter, before I selected Machine Crafting L1 (ie, crafter had Machine Crafting L0), both Refinery and Mixer appeared in Workbench crafting menu, tho the overlay states they require Machine Crafting L1. Same with Iron Furnace Crucible and Base, and I think Spark Link.

All Weapon Augments, in the overlay, show bonuses of ‘increased action speed’ (instead of increased damage/critical/distance, etc), not just the Speed augments. This is true for the Warp and Revive augments as well.

Compact Silt / Clay / Peat are showing color names in the overlay for the compactor recipes. I am assuming that the resulting colors of the blocks will be decided from the color of the input blocks, still, and so (esp. since none of the other blocks are showing color names) I am thinking those color names are not supposed to be showing.

BTW, I really like the more muted earthtones in the current color palette for 195. Too many bright and neon tones takes away from things that should actually stand out and/or glow and hurts my eyes after a while. Even if changes to the colors are still coming, I vote for not going back to super bright and shiny for everything.

1 Like

Well, supporting your local crafters, many of whom will be happy to sell you a juiced-up grapple (assuming they can be modded), is a time-honored traditional way to contribute to the local economy :wink:

1 Like

I am really enjoying the new color scheme. While it is clear the lighting is being tweaked, I hope that the tweaking will not force everything to be super shiny and vivid, which, while cool, gets hard to look at after a while (or, alternately, that we are given a gamma control or some such as found in many games to dampen it a bit if it does).