Release 195 - Report issues here

All you need is pure boon compound, preferably level 3, and setting resin. Get at least 10 of the first and just one resin to finish forging.
I just created a nice copper slingbow with 3 boons that way. I use less energy when shooting, projectiles are faster and the sling applies Weakness status to hit creature.

I made a video tutorial on forging ingredients and their types and what they do. It can be helpful maybe. Planning to make second part showing actual forging and possible strategies in combining different materials. Should be ready within next few days.

PS Make sure you get your Vitality up, as it decides about your forging process Stability. I had Stability 1700 for example so I could do 16 rounds of forging, meaning I could use up to 16 compounds before I had to stop as each compound uses 100-110 Stability.

1 Like

If you switch in-hand item (tested right+default hand) quickly after using a tool, maybe due to switching before the visible motion has completed, the graphic and functionality of the in-hand item do not update to what is shown on the in-hand dial.
e.g., I chopped a block to remove it, immediately after hearing the ā€˜chopā€™ sound, I rotated the dial to the block stack for replacement, but my hand still showed the axe in it. When I ā€˜choppedā€™ again, the block ā€˜resistedā€™ all the damageā€¦

1 Like

I can also confirm this @vdragon the location was OmniShop Blacksmith (top floor, iron tools) i bought a stack of 3 iron grapples and although it said 0 coins were spent i think its a textual error only as my coins were still deducted (also sent an in-game report with exact co-ords)

1 Like

Missing ā€œElementā€ text on tooltip

Also, the forge effect of ā€œ-720 Damageā€ is a little misleadingā€¦ this slingbow actually fires 4 shots at 65% damage per shot of base damage (it had no quirks or defects with enough points to make them active when I forged it).

1 Like

vdragon, I had the same thing too in the same place - many prices showed differently when in the process of purchasing than what was displayed when it confirmed that the purchase completed.

1 Like

looks like it is as @Shendonis saidā€¦ across the board @Stretchious @vdragon

The way i found out it is a text only error is the fact that i had 1,600 coin before buying , then when i said on my Twitch Stream (Ahh XXX thiis, lets take liberty of it until its fixed) thats when i noticed my coins were at about 1,220 and after purchasing as few more things the coins were deducted as expected (also the text reflected it)

1 Like

The light source brightness is reduced by the held items. If i have 2 held items light is reduced by half.

One last thing i noticedā€¦ when saying yes to import steam friends the friend list is still emptyā€¦ and i have a few including @boundmore who play this

With a smartstack of storage blocks (two small stacks of different colors), after placing the all the items in the first stack, the second stack did not auto-load into my hand (although when I rotated the in-hand dial back and forth, it loaded correctly).

1 Like

That is with everything nowā€¦ i noticed when i smart stacked wood tools with stoneā€¦ once one breaks it no longer auto equips the other stacked itemā€¦ is this normal now?

1 Like

its a known issues, you just have to rotate the wheel and comeback to it at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks for that Boundmore :smiley: just making the compounds and resin as you recommended and hopefully tomorrow iā€™ll be able to give it a go ā€¦ Iā€™m also going to make some power coils as Iā€™ve managed to scrape together some amethysts, will they make any difference? Iā€™ve speced my alt as best I can for the forge from what I can see in the skill points.

1 Like

Power coils will add up to Vigour in Centraforge, together with Power Attribute. Itā€™s only needed when you start using pastes, gums and other ingredients that ask for it. Think about it as spark for forging. Some forging actions use it. Right click on any ingredient you are planning to use to see if it uses Vigour.

With the basic set up of pure compounds you wonā€™t need Vigour, so in that particular situation coils wonā€™t make any difference.

1 Like

Ah ok thanks, ā€¦ I think Iā€™m going to have to have a proper look through each one to see what they doā€¦ thereā€™s just so many though :tired_face: ā€¦ Some of them sound like they actually add defects if I remember correctly, that seems pretty odd :crazy_face: ā€¦lots to study :thinking: :grin:

The compounds are the only necessary ones as they add boons. However if you want to add more and higher level boons you need to use stronger compounds. Like the unstable ones. Their side effect is the defects and quirks.

And thatā€™s where other ingredients come. They allow you to minimise the side effects or to remove them. But these ingredients use Vigour and thatā€™s when power coils come in handy.

1 Like

Ah I see, that sounds interesting ā€¦ Iā€™ll see how well I do with the basic ones first :grinning:

Pure Boon Compound 2
Gives 200 Boon Points
2 Compound Base
2 Vital Essence
1 Orb

Imperfect Boon Compound 2
Gives 200 Boon Points AND 100 Defect points
2 Compound Base
2 Vital Essence
1 Orb
1 Spitter eye

My question is Why would anyone make a recipe using MORE MATS Thats gives the SAME Boon Points and gives 100 Defect points???

Me thinks Imperfect boon compound 2 should give 300 or 400 boon points!!!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s probably wrong info and itā€™s giving more when used. I was checking the unstable ones yesterday I think and didnā€™t see anything unusual. What is Imperfect Boon 1 saying?

it says the exact same thing but less mats

So defo mistake in description.