Beacon footfall: is it too low? poll

:thinking:
You can do this now…to generate money for the beacon owner. Are you expecting a lot?
Try it… it should generate a few coins every day…is that what you are expecting, or were you assuming coin every time the character slid by?

No, I understand that it only works once per day…

But I’m assuming that some people in this world will do anything they can to feel like they’re “gaming the system”, even if it’s the dumbest or least efficient thing they could possibly do.

That was just a joke scenario of what someone will probably do in an attempt to feel smarter.

2 Likes

Do we get footfall from friends on list if not we should . we all want to be friends there should not be a penalty for that.

I thought it was for people with certain permissions (not necessarily friends) because you can’t give non-friends permissions.

true - its permissions that cancel footfall

ok thank you did not know. :slight_smile:
I had herd it was anyone on your friends list.

I think this needs to be checked because I have noticed that any friend doesn’t provide footfall regardless of there permissions on beacons…

Interesting. Might like to check it myself if I find a moment.

People are playing much less. The other side of the pre-live, and also having a test server, is that players can see stuff coming and do not want to work in vain for nothing, knowing it will all change. Like the last few updates. Lately i’m lucky to see 15 people on total at one time. footfall has died because so many are taking breaks for various reasons.

I’ve built so much, and kinda burning my self out. And I haven’t even built as much as a lot of you. I also feel like i’m wasting so much time on something that will all disappear soon. I’m so ready for the game to go live so I can honestly invest into it more. Realistically there is only 3 common reasons for most people to play right now. In no particular order:

1. They want recognition of builds that might be left on the old planets when it goes live.

2. They haven’t tired themselves out bug hunting for the devs. Lets be honest, pre release players = the guinea pigs that are doing the labors of being test subjects for the devs for the hopes of the pre-release goodies promised. If the game is good and the devs to, then people stick around and find joy where ever they can. But since this is a form of labor, it too can become stale. And players do not want to tire out on something before it even goes live.

3. The game , even in it’s pre stage, is fun as hell. It’s still enjoyable, relaxing, fresh style etc. But with most of the changes, which I like, is the realization of “the work/grind” just became a lot more in some areas. I do not want to spoil myself rotten, and get way to use to things before live, and not be happy later. I want to enjoy my grind, and not hate the idea of it before I even start it after live. So breaks are needed for our labor of love, Boundless.

2 Likes

Right now, I’m kinda hovering around and waiting for something new that interests me.

As someone who’s almost purely interested in building, the chisel update back in fall was enough to bring me back from a long but similar hiatus. Now that that’s out of my system, I’m suffering from some of the fatigue you’re talking about… Waiting on new props or new worlds or really anything that breathes new life into the game from a construction/decoration standpoint.

And then I just had my birthday and got showered with games, and now the Steam Summer Sale is upon us… It’s hard to stay focused with all of these shiny objects buzzing around me.

1 Like

I did some testing a while back with some friends. Not sure if it’s changed but. It looks like you only get footfall from the same person every 4 days or so. Also if you have multiple beacons in the same settlement, you’ll only get footfall from a person on ONE of your beacons within that settlement every 4 days. People on my friends list without permissions on the beacon were able to give me footfall.

1 Like

I was sure I saw devs saying somewhere it’s every 24 hours a player generates footfall for the same beacon.

not sure, but that definitely was not the case immediately before the “road” patch. I had 9 characters visiting my 3 character’s plots every day for 2 weeks straight. Only got footfall every 3-4 days from each.

Yeah, there has been a Change from the footfall based on the prestige of the town to the prestige of the beacon. but the prestige stages of the towns is still the same as before, that means less footfall. if you want to get footfall to 60c as i had in most beacons, now i need 1,25 million prestige in each beacon.
< 10000 N/A 0
10000 Outpost 20
50000 Hamlet 30
250000 Village 40
1250000 Town 60
6500000 City 80
32000000 Great City 100

that’s true there is a lot of players playing now days but there is still the big change as i said before

its not that simple, it way more complex, As simoyd said we tested it

1 Like

When I brought up the issue around being able to pay for plots and them being linked to footfall and creating a P2W scenario a large group of members in this community said my ideas were a waste and not important because of FOOTFALL WASN’T IMPORTANT and so small that it didn’t matter in the long run of earning income and the game in general.

So from my perspective people sitting here complaining now that they are not getting enough footfall is actually funny. It shows how those people are only interested in their side of things and don’t care to make a balanced game where the economy is robust enough that “players running over my beacon” isn’t my main income method.

I get that it was important in the game at one point but now we shouldn’t be focusing on efforts on it and instead pushing the developers to create a real economy mechanism that can support the game in the long run.

1 Like

Both points are actually valid.

1. Footfall is less than 0.3% of my basic income - it needs a boost badly. And that’s with 2000 of the busiest plots in the game.
  2. Footfall is so insignificant that even if they double it to 0.6% it won’t create a P2W scenario.

I also refer your comments elsewhere about the game needing a real economy - where it already has a brilliant one according to me - a full-time economy player. I would happily compare the merits of the current economical faucets, sinks, reserve system, etc if you wish to actually evaluate it in economical terms.

I think you have a serious bias against the current economy without being cognizant of it - maybe take a step back and look at it more objectively?

1 Like

Well unfortunately people couldn’t actually take the main points I had around P2W which were clearly outlined in my first post and kept moving it to footfall because they didn’t want to have an ability to have a conducive conversation around the issue of plot purchases.

The P2W theory I presented was not based on footfall. That was one of the aspects but so many people are subconsciously focused on it and value it that they can only talk about it and nothing else that would counter or show the need of it being removed. So their own support of it counters the comments they make on it being not important to them.

Well that is pretty close to a fully personal attack that I do not appreciate at any level. I have been nothing but kind and respectful to you and even recently reached out to ensure you understood that.

If anyone has taken 2 minutes to actually understand my posts from an objective level they would clearly see that my communication style and primarily the way I word almost all of my posts do not come from a subjective view but instead talk about a greater context and objective opinion.

Honestly, how dare you say that I cannot speak on any level of economy or business or finances. You have absolutely no idea of who I am or what I do. You should probably be the one that takes the step back and do some personal reflection on why you are so defensive of it and would choose to pick the set of words you did to try to discredit and demean me.

Seems a cooling off period is required here… I’ll unlock again when you’ve reduced the heat to a low simmer

5 Likes