Beacon fuel nerf

I’m fed up with people claiming ALL the land next to portal areas and building NOTHING.

Do you understand how unappealing this is? These people are KILLING communities and the game in general.

The solution is extremely simple: nerf basic beacon fuel to one week, maybe five days and raise its cost. That way, less people will claim anything and the claiming will be more fluid.

What do you guys think?

Also, put that game on nintendo Switch.

1 Like

The fuel was buffed in EA so people wouldn’t loose all their stuff so easily when they are unable to log in for just few days. I doubt there will be fuel time reduction… Beside Gleam Club gives you infinite beacon time :wink:

I was against gleam club for this exact reason.

1 Like

The only reason I ever did this was because I didn’t know better. I was unaware that there was a way to save the location of a portal hub using the Current Location in the Locations tab.

Maybe if the game created a saved location when you step out of a portal that only lasted a couple of hours, and told the player about it.

I use the Current Location system now to make sure I have a way of creating a warp point back to that portal hub when I am ready to leave. However, if there was a temporary location saved when stepping out of a portal, that would save my having to create those saved locations. This would also deal with portal hubs that move due to capital cities changing. Or does this not happen anymore? I read it did in one of the forum posts a short while back.

2 Likes

Portals can change location or disappear whenever the owner of the portal want the location changed. In fact nothing stops Portals Seekers from removing all their portals just because they want it to be so.

Not sure how saving location when stepping out of portals would solve problem of players moving hubs though :thinking:

You do understand, that all portals are player made, and player owned?

Yes please

5 Likes

Would Sony allowed it?

I really like this idea.it could work like a quicksave slot, simply remembering the location of your last interdimensional travel. If you spend a week on the planet and the portal is gone when you return - ahw darn bad luck; but this would be a super useful addition especially when rush-visiting a world that you kinda know you’re supposed to die on anyway. When the inevitable happens, just port there from sanctum or track location and dare the footrace

1 Like

There should be a way to get rid of inactive players’ mass plots of nothing, but how can it be done without creating problems B, C and D…?

I haven’t yet experienced this problem first hand though…

Maybe a system could be made that would allow their builds or plots to degenerate with time if they remain inactive

Nerfing the duration of basic beacon fuel and increasing its cost would effectively discourage players to claim numerous plots for no reason.

Claiming a plot would be a thoughtful and planned decision.

I suspect players do this for free footfall, which is stupid because they are limiting the increase in footfall by not contributing in prestige.

Also, a shortcut to save a warping location would probably be a good way to solve Vesperdem’s problem.

Guys, if a 16 years old is going for extended holidays, he or she will be really screwed by such change.
That is not player friendly change.

Much better would be to tide prestige to fuel, so the more prestige you have the longer fuel last.
So with lets say 3000 prestige your fuel time would cup out at current levels and 0 prestige would have like 1 week or less for fuel. Also gleam club would have to be adjusted which would be problematic. Like working from min of 1000 prestige? Very difficult changes either way.

Even if it would be a go I would rather keep it the way it is now, than try to mess with it.

2 Likes

Maybe they’re empty for a good reason?

1 Like

campfires appear and then they burn out. no one will remember them.

You think this is bad, wait till they add the option to buy/sell/trade plots!

That’s no where near even a confirmed feature. James was asking the community thoughts on it. That’s all. Doesn’t mean we’ll get it as a feature.

Doesnt mean we won’t either.

every player count peaks near the release of a game… dont worry too much about issues with land claiming … especially when they release planets in the future stuff like this will relax much. Land claimed near important portals is bitter, but theres always another portal u can link to. u could go build ur own hub if everything is blocked at every other hub…

All the hubs are linked together in some way right now. So that’s also a possibility.

wut? sry didnt understand ur point… this was about the land that is claimed around a hub entrance right?