Beacon fuel nerf

No. It was about exactly what I quoted.

I thought that was pretty clear.

As far as land claim issues and beacon fuel times… these are non-issues in the game.

the OP was talking about people blocking convenient access to the hubs (with own player portal on the same world) by claiming land around the portal hubs and portal entrances as far as i was understanding… whats was ur point… i still dont get what u were referring to

There are no portal hub entrances that are blocked. I fail to see how access has been blocked to any of the hubs.

So it’s a non-issue.

You said that a person can just go and build their own portal hub if everything is blocked a hub. I simply added that all the hubs are linked together in some way so it’s a possibility to start your own hub if you wanted.

But I guess that was too confusing to understand.

well if the other hubs are not blocked, or increasingly hard to reach, (like this whole thread was about, and i agree: its a non-issue) theres no point in building ur own portal hub… that was the confusing part for me

They aren’t hard to reach. Plus, whenever we get to rental worlds that will completely put the game on its side across a lot of aspects of this game.

If you had read the entire post, you would have seen that I said a “temporary” location would be saved upon stepping out of the portal. If stepping out of a portal created a location save like we can do with the Current Location, there would be hundreds if not thousands of saved locations after a while.

Saving a temporary location would allow someone to return to that location without the need for putting down a beacon near a portal hub in order to return to that hub later. Assuming that is the reason for all the beacons being set down near hubs now. (I used to do this until I found I could save locations and warp to them later.)

Have you never gone to a new planet, walked about a kilometer or so away from the portal hub city, dug under ground, then when you wanted to go home, remember that you forgot to save the location of the portal hub? As a new player, I did that once. I started leaving beacons near the portal hubs after that so I wouldn’t get lost again. Then, I found I could save a current location and use that instead of leaving beacons behind everywhere.

Now do you understand my suggestion?

1 Like

pls dont strawman by quoting pieces out of my text and tryin to clarify them or whatever u tried there >.< it was not my assertion but the one of the OP and i told u already that i agree on this with u. if u cant build ur player portal near hub entries u can build them near the portals that lead to hub entries >,.<

May i interject here please - I think you two are at risk of a friendly fire incident…

You said that empty plots around hubs suck coz people cant build there. True.
There are other hubs on most planets, and most of the blocked in hubs can probably sustain player portals if you want to build further away and have easy access to hub traffic, agree.
Worst case (most work), you could start your own hub.

@crypticworlds agreed by saying to anyone else reading, that if you connect a portal to pretty much any hub, you should be able to reach pretty much any other hub in the game unobstructed.

Not sure if we’re all a little tense or what happened, but some mis-communication seems to have yall aiming at each other when from outside no foul intent was visible…

Lets all have a cup of cocoa at the nearest PS hub hmm? Ps, agree with both.

Edit - removed random quote

1 Like

nah preferring aqua hub <3 but no time for drink, now, gotta colonize planets!

You know my hub :heart_eyes: lol. Almost done with a 12h shift on a saturday, definitely feeling bounded at the moment.

1 Like

I did and then explored planet until I found a portal, hoarding resources on the way, you know… just playing the game. I highly recommend it once in a while, it’s really fun. Or I just returned to home beacon via sanctum when I broke all my tools. I really think “temporary location” it’s another case of treating players like idiots, the same kind like the “why the game does not send me email when my beacon fuel is nearing the end” (you can if find it on forums, topic died weeks ago), I just don’t like the idea.

1 Like

“Just build your own hub if you dont like it”

Most lame excuse/reasoning in the history of all things.

That is like saying, “Just make your own multi-million dollar business if you don’t like being poor.”

Truth is, most thing are never just so simple.

So you are saying that when your inventory is full from mining for an hour or two, you climb back to the surface and walk all the way back to a hub wearing out the gear you need to use to get over the ravines, not to mention wasting food.

I personally, want to return to base as quickly as possible. When I first started, I wasted plenty of money using the sanctum method. I once spent 2,500c to get home.

No one is saying that you have to use the temporary saved locations, and since they are temporary, they won’t bog down your UI. However, they will give new players a way to returning to a hub without leaving beacons around the city causing all kinds of issues.

maybe it should actually be that beacons burn up faster with the more horizontal plots that are placed in that beacon, so when players do claim massive amounts of land they need to maintain it.

If i have a beacon that’s running out and i haven’t developed it then i tend to go and unplot it all and feel bad that i didn’t find a use for it :smiley:

u dont have to climb up… just use sanctum and bump warp.

@gill: this was a last resort proposal. Also portal hubs are not multi-million dollar businesses, i run my own portal hub, connected to all the places i settle and its in no way an effort (not every planet is connected nor do i have fancy shop portals nearby or anything, but a raw portal hub with a handful of portals is in midgame accessible to build for anyone

Full?

1st probably not full stack of stones, 2nd stack of ore, 3rd stack of coal, 4th stack of flint and such, 5th stack of sulphur and such, 6th stack of tech remnants and such, 7th stack of fosills, 8th stack of soil, 9th of gravel, 8 stacks of tools and food and torches etc… that leaves me about 15 stacks free to fill with stuff like leaves, meat, earthyams, bones, tallow, wood, leaves… and everything I see worth of clicking on above the ground.

I rarely climb back, i rather go to surface through sanctum.

And food… food is not wasted. Food is eaten :wink: Food is plentiful, when you need like one earthyam stew per 20 minutes, and for earthyam stew you need only some raw earthyams, some edible lamella, a furnace and some fuel (simple timber, is enough). I would waste food, if I just throw it away.

I never go out without a stack of food and 9 tools each.

Well yeah, but lets not call a train stop a train station. Bug difference.

u gotta start somewhere lol … didnt i mention somewhere earlier that the necessity of an own portal hub anyway is limited due to highly available already built hubs?

I’ve always tried to think from this perspective. As much as I dislike the 0 prestige beacons, I don’t want a kid or anyone who can’t afford Gleam Club to be disadvantaged. Community can’t grow that way!

1 Like

And if someone would just sell beacon tokens for 500 gold per token for one plot beacon next to portals as a jump point it would solve all what you described.
But I’m yet to see portal hub which had a shopping stand with beacon tokens for quick return.