Beacon Prestige/Footfall Coin Amounts

Does anyone know the barriers? How much prestige in a build until coins increase?

Does the owner of the plot have to step on the plot once a week, or can an Alt do so to make sure coins still get collected?

I don’t know the specifics to a few of your points but I do know that at 5k~ prestige my alts are making about 3k a day right now per beacon. I check every daily to collect.

Anyone have a post that explains this?

You need 10k to start getting the full amount from the settlement. Below that it’s next to nothing.

Also in 199 they nerfed the hell out of footfall. Cutting in half roughly.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

Instead of footfall, I’d rather have a huge set of “Dailies” to complete.

Collect 500 soil, 500 wood, 500 rock, 500 ore, 500 gem, etc. Place 500 blocks, Chisel 500 blocks of X-prestige, etc.

Easier to manage the market that way I think.

6 Likes

But I like getting out of bed, taking dogs and myself potty, logging onto Boundless, and showering in all my coin from sleeping and people walking over my beacons.

3 Likes

No, don’t do that, cause then that becomes a goal, a mission, a REQUIREMENT to progress.

‘Daily’ anything, or even ‘Weekly’ anything is a horrible system. Because those that do it get rewarded, and those that don’t get punished for not doing it.

Even just ‘Collect 500 soil’ is bad, cause people don’t want to be punished and will force themselves to go get the soil, even if they won’t do anything with it, and it just starts stack and stacking and stacking in their storage day after day till they run out.

Worse yet, even if people are ok doing it, it also rewards those with many alts, able to do it multiple times a day, and again punishes those that don’t like making and playing alts.

It’s just a horrible, minipulative system, and it doesn’t need to be in the game.

5 Likes

Playing the game rewards you with progression.

Not playing the game doesn’t.

How is that any different? Even if there wasn’t “dailies” beyond the current ones, people who play get rewarded, people who don’t fall behind.

2 Likes

Lol yeah, low effort coins. As nice as that is, I don’t think it’s helpin’ the game much.

1 Like

Daily morning routine at wolfpack2012’s beacon :face_with_monocle:
n59dQcO9yaaaY

3 Likes

Nah. Money tastes bad. It’s mostly just the swimming and bathing naked in all of it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but there was and is still a ton of effort in keeping that coin coming. Running a portal hub where hundreds of people visit daily takes work and coin. Most of the coin is spent getting more oortstones to keep portals going heh.

3 Likes

In that case, yeah, I didn’t mean to diminish that. You knew what I meant though.

Because of the context, like I pointed out. You’re already playing the game, and playin it your way. And then suddenly every day you’re told ‘If you do this, you get free stuff! And if you don’t, you get nothing!’.

The difference between playing or not, is that you’re playing to progress or your not playing the game and doing something else. <— But Dailies will even mess with that. I’ve had guild mates in other mmos, namely WoW, Trove, and SWTOR a few years ago as the soonest, which would log in every single day just to do the dailies, and then log off and go on with their day. Not to progress the game, or their character, but because doing the Dailies gave lots of free stuff. Namely the best way to earn faction points in WoW, and money in Trove and SWTOR. WoW is of course the worse, as it’s pretty much mandatory for everything except leveling to do dailies. Especially for expansions 3+.

And I don’t want to see that kinda infestation infecting this game.

All that “Optional” Means, especially if the reward is somewhat decent, is that those that do it are flat out better than those that don’t do it. That’s not a good thing in a game about being able to play how you want to play.

In what way are people getting punished for not doing anything? Left with no storage? If you don’t want it to begin with why not simply get rid of it? I don’t know what you play on but for the PS4, by clicking R3 over an item, it will drop from your inventory. Where are you getting these crazy ideas from?

Also just by playing you earn the daily by route, I don’t even pay attention to the daily objectives and still get it done, just by playing. Simple, easy to get, not even worth looking at when you’re playing the way you want.

1 Like

Just to add a data point my footfall was set at 40 per visitor since I became a village, we just ticked over to a town and it is now 60 coin per visitor.

Creative people make builds that’s inviting to others to want to come take a look. Footfall is a just reward for that. There is nothing wrong with footfall. It’s not enough to be over powered. It’s perfectly fine.

also you have what you can call daily’s. There called objectives that progressively give you more challenge at each tier. you have to walk on your build at least once a week. And you have to have 5k and up prestige to benefit. This was a fix because people were popping a plot next to a great build and getting rewards for nothing on their plot. Footfall is already handled and needs to be left alone. It’s sad they nerfed it actually.

2 Likes

Does anyone know the answer to the OP? I have had beacons near 500k but still at 30c per visitor. I did wonder if 500k was the magic number for next tier, but then the EA universe was wiped and I wasn’t quick enough to find out.

Or is it total settlement prestige that determines c per visitor?

1 Like

< 10000 N/A 0
10000 Outpost 20
50000 Hamlet 30
250000 Village 40
1250000 Town 60
6500000 City 80
32000000 Great City 100
Footfall per player can only be generated per 24 hours, so one player visiting twice in one day only generates footfall once in that 24 hour period.

friended players dont make footfall as much as strangers do(dont have exact details on this)
this could be old info is from beta times

7 Likes