Beacon Prestige/Footfall Coin Amounts

What’s the incentive to have a base, or to go others and explore and see whats new, without footfall? … horrible idea to take it out.

Footfall doesn’t make me explore. If I explore, I don’t get footfall.

That’s not how it works.

1 Like

This is what i thought thanks to point that out

Well the incentive is surely lessened when there is no monetary value to inviting people over and what not. Also, like wolfpack said, most of the FF coin for me goes into Rough Oort to keep the portals going in turn keeping footfall. Whats the issue? Daily objectives sound like a very try-hard argument intended for people who have plenty of time to spare.

A good game shouldn’t need a monetary incentive to convince you to invite your friends over. That makes zero sense.

If I gotta get paid for me to socialize with friends, the game is failin’ at the #1 purpose of games, to be fun.

I never needed footfall to socialize in any other Voxel Buildin’ game, if it’s fun, I play it, if explorin’ is fun, I explore.

Well I see you’re not being convinced :slight_smile: have a good one.

I love footfall. May be my single favorite element of the game. If anything, it should be higher for smaller builds

1 Like

If I explore, I get zero coin. It doesn’t matter if I visit a million plots, I never collect footfall from visiting people.

Why do you need incentive to invite people to your build? Would you not do so otherwise? The only reason you socialize is because you get paid?

2 Likes

Then it’s not for you, it’s for the land owners. The quality of the build/shop/convenience is what lures you, footfall is to reward builders.

The quality of the build is subjective so that has nothing to do with why people visit. Mainly it is portals and shops and roads throu cities.

Why should a shop owner get any income if I do not buy something? That has always confused me. An empty shop getting income just seems wrong somehow.

3 Likes

This is a rediculous statement. I’d be willing to wager a very large percentage of visits are due to checking out new things. I know that’s at least half of mine.

I’m also willing to bet ugly stores get less traffic.

And if you’re frequenting ugly stores, stop it. Don’t encourage bad behavior.

1 Like

Because the shop is incidental. The goal is to convince people to visit you, regardless of the reasons. To reward you for a quality attraction. A bridge, a convenient walkway, a portal hub, a store, a really cool build…anything that you can think of that draws people to you.

You are obsessed by the shopping element in this game. It’s not about shopping.

I do visit a very plain store. They seem to keep stock levels up and have fair prices. That is much more important to me than what a store looks like. Why should I even care?

The shop is not incidental. That makes no sense. If someone is looking to buy something they go to shops. If I need to cross a river I use a bridge if it is there. It does not matter what it looks like. I use a portal hub because it is convenient not because this hub is better looking than that one.

Footfall is mainly about prestige and location which have nothing at all to do with how nice looking a build is. A solid gleam road off of a portal hub can generate great footfall, but many would say any solid gleam structures are not attractive.

I am guessing the obsessed statement is an attempt to make me defensive. Not taking the bait.

Sorry, it wasn’t intended that way.

I just don’t get it. Shopping is such a small part of this game and you act like it should be the end all be all when it comes to any decision made.

Take a day off, don’t buy anything. Go explore some. Build something neat. Go hunt for resources. Ignore the stores for a while.

Still not taking the bait. Softer words but same message.

Edit. If you want to discuss footfall fine that is the topic.

How about a yes or no question then?

In your opinion, is buying/selling the most important element of the game?

Now I’ma let you finish, but first, let me just say, no.

Clearly the most important part of the game is whether or not someone is havin’ fun. And since this is an MMO that’s tryin’ to cater to multiple people, that means it needs to be balanced for all the different kinds of people who play.

1 Like

You can’t talk about footfall without talking about shops when all the mechanics in the game are intended to drive footfall. Especially when there seems to be a small number of people who want to nerf footfall in favor of making shops far too all encompassing.

But fine.

FOOTFALL

They need to increase footfall for lower prestige There should be an increase for every 10K bump in your personal beacon up to 100K.

I also think they should include some sort of Exploration Marker that can be interacted with by explorers. People can put those in their build, every ten an explorer triggers per day he gets an exploration bonus and you can’t trigger one from the same character more than once a week.

Get people moving around and give them an incentive to get out of the hubs.

Why is that needed? Why do we need to incentivize people out of hubs?