Beacon Prestige/Footfall Coin Amounts

Hope they don’t nerf footfall, but they’ve been very ham fisted with everything so far.

That would be an option if we could get the materials to make portals, but we are currently in the mid-game abyss where we can’t make better gear without infinity grinding, and we can’t buy it because we don’t get footfall money.

I can’t help with fuel but I wouldn’t mind helping out with a few portal blocks. Send a PM if you wanna meet somewhere.

Edit: I’ll even open it for you if you don’t have the epic for it.

I like this idea except that if worlds compete then everyone would fight over having land on the most popular worlds, and with 100 person limits on worlds I could see more anger.

adv coils are 15k right now
and the prices will go down as time passes since demand decreases/supply goes up.
you’ll have enough coins eventually to buy all adv powercoils.
what’s the rush?
it took me 200-300hs for me.

my point is let them build their super gleam castles
and let them earn millions in football coins
in the end it doesn’t matter because there isn’t enough options to spend the money on rn.

1 Like

I am also noticing a lack of things to buy with coin. Not interested in paying tons for things I can easily gather, and also not interested in paying 30,000 for “good” tools.

1 Like

I agree that the people with giant gleam castles can get their 1m per day and it doesn’t really matter. But as a more casual player, I’d like to be able to participate in the economy at all without having to build my home in a very specific place and spec my characters in very specific ways.

1 Like

you can always fill that request basquets in any shop.
or set your own shop and sell what you gather/craft at the end of the day.
build it with at least 10k prestige to earn 20c per visitor.
post it on the trade forums/discord
profit

And so can the people with the footfall income. Since they do not have to do anything but visit the beacon for the coin, they have as much time to gather and mine as those that do not get the footfall income. So they can compete to keep the prices for selling to shops low while being able to afford higher prices for complex items like adv power coils and tools for 30k (which I think is ridiculous). They are still mining, crafting and hunting all while having steady income. They are becoming the 1% of the Boundless economy

1 Like

I do those things. In fact I have a shop, and our hamlet is going to break 100k prestige tonight. The problem is we are in the middle of nowhere, so having a shop doesn’t really matter and we get like 60c a day total, maybe, in footfall. And request baskets are the most demoralizing part of all of this. Either they are buying the item at a good price and have no coin in them, or they are buying the item at an insulting price. I don’t find it fun running around cities for 2+ hours trying to find the basket that has money in it that is buying what I harvested that day at the correct market rate.

1 Like

Personally, I think that is far too long. There is too much stuff to play. I only have 10 hours into Spiderman and I want to have my shop kitted out before RDRII releases.

IMO, footfall is far from the issue, it’s the recipes. I agree with the nerfing of bomb mining…but they should have lowered recipe costs at the same time. There are also lots of things that require power that shouldn’t.

In addition, take the RNG out of the centraforge. That is a huge time/material sink that is unnecessary. Random drops=good. Random effects when you “buy” something=bad.

agreed if I am doing the same thing the same way 5 times I should get the same result. A recipe is a recipe.

2 Likes

I’m even okay with the results changing according to the skill of the forger, as long as it’s consistent.

There’s a bit of a hurdle for newer players to get to the point of having their own portals. This is particularly problematic for casual players, and even more so if they want to craft the portal conduits themselves instead of buying, since that would take a few coils, which in turn take a lot of diamonds, and so on.

There are a few hoops to jump thru, but after that, your distance from the capital will be less important than the location of the portals that lead to your shop.

I built my own shop on a whim, near a friend that had started playing a few days before, since he picked a location far away from everything (and on one of the, at the time, new and undeveloped planets), choosing the location just as an excuse to give him easier access to portal networks (the nearest portal was about 20 minutes of walking and swimming from his beacon).

As remote as the location is (and a little community ended up growing around my shop because of the portals, which was fun) I still get plenty of visitors and more than sufficient sales to restock the shop and keep the portals fueled.

I know this isn’t the main issue with the Forge so pardon the mini rant. I don’t have power yet, and on another thread someone said something to the effect of “Just forge iron with Pure Boon 1.” So messing around I tried it, it was kinda fun and kinda random and I don’t think it was “worth it,” but what really annoyed me was having full centraforging stats + the forging epic and only getting 84% efficiency on iron tools. They are the most basic* tools in the game and I need power to have full efficiency on them?

1 Like

I think my main issue is just that when I saw this, it looked like minecraft with a side economy that you could play in to progress faster/easier. I like the idea of having a little shop and selling things to players. But it seems like this game is really closer to voxel EVE in terms to the central-ness of the economy. I think if that were explained better in game, or it were marketed that way it would be fine. But as is I came in wanting to build/craft my own stuff which works for about 50-60 hours and then the game just throws you into a diamond pit and laughs.

3 Likes

Big and wrong assumption.

Especially when everyone kept comparing it to Minecraft and No Man Sky’s.

Both games that even if they have a lot of items and things to do, are build on very basic and simple concepts.

But this game is built around grinding and complexity. That to do even basic stuff, you have to already know you have to go visit 4 different planets, to collect 20 different resources, to make 6 different machines, then complex machines to augment those machines, feeding fuel into those machines, got to keep those machines repaired, and can only use special tools to repair those machines too.

It’s so complex, most MMOs are basic and simple compared to them. It’s basically a job, without getting paid, and players are willing to excuse anything and everything about it, most likely because they put so much time and money into it, and don’t want to admit that the game is bad.

You just took 2 paragraphs of information, picked out one line, and ignored the context.

here’s what you ignored >

My comment below,

Was in referencing all the vets who were in the few groups of people using, initially 2-3m bombs, then 7m, for the 1-2 months after launch.

I’m well aware that of the 200 average players in Boundless in August, only a small group or two were doing those strategies, if even that many.

I don’t think it’s “a bit of a hurdle” at all, it’s a huge, gaping chasm of a hurdle.

I’ve wanted to add a portal to my build for a while. I have the warp conduits in place and i could probably hire someone to open it.

My issue is the fuel. I’m yet to survive a meteor, let alone earn any Oort shards/stone. One hour per shard is crazy talk, there is no way I could maintain that.