Beacon sieging

Because its not said that there will be no beacon attacking on the main game?
The fancy graphic DarkRepulsor posted just said that there will be seperated worlds…nothing about the rules that will be in the main worlds(talking about the original first one not the edited)

I think siege worlds could be in the main game as well, but marked as such, so that you have the choice to go there or not. Outside of this worlds sieging would be impossible, but each guild can choose to patricipate there or not … may be only guild beacons can be attacked, so that each player can have a small protected area for themself as well. And by the way: To be able to siege does not mean to destroy stuff, but to take over.

To have such servers (even if it are only 2-5 of the 50+ which will be there) would be a great profit for the game, cuz many players look for such gameplay and even I as a main PvE player with some PvP experience would like to have sieging as well to give it a good try.

As I said: Sieging only on special worlds … if you don’t want to have it enabled, just dont go there. And yes, there will be also many PvP Worlds which don’t allow sieging, so everyone will be happy :wink:

I just don’t get why some people are upset because of this topic here ^^

1 Like

I’ve only done pvp once, well not participated but it was on a Minecraft server and I was new…I went out and built a huge underground area that nobody knew about, after I got my indoor garden, farm and everything up and running and a secret mine underneath as well as my secret entrance I was like…I want to try and get some people in here and form a team to do some pvp.

This person was nice and I asked if she would like to join my team and she said sure, showed her around and started making her room in the base, later that day she told me to go out of the base, not knowing anything she left my group and killed me on the spot with her brother. When I respawned in my room in the base she and her brother were taking everything and destroying my base, then she destroyed my bed and killed me which sent me to spawn.

I told her that wasn’t very nice and then I stopped playing Minecraft, lol I spent like a month on the base and in less than a day it was taken. It really sucked. lol

2 Likes

Thank you for this comment^^.
This is a suggestion thread…so everyone should post his ideas about the mentioned topic and not just be angry/upset because he doesnt like my initiall idea.

Yes something like sperated PvP worlds or (small) seperated PvP areas on each world would be a perfect middle path between gernerall PvP bann and forced PvP participation.
Maybe the PvP areas/worlds could have a small bonus on them that encourages to build there(risk vs reward you know)

2 Likes

Well in Oort there’s beacons and i think you should be able to have the ability to add and remove people that can edit you home on a standard world this issue would apply everywhere on all server.

If the devs added a height and depth to beacons it would help people that wanted to have hidden bases but still keep them hidden.

I myself love to have hidden bases you can ask people that i play with sometimes you just have to be careful to who you tell

There could be online worlds that are pvp oriented, I mean it doesn’t have to be offline, but should be save zones for when people log in they don’t get slain not knowing where they are, or what the world rules are.

Maybe have the option for large town beacons to people in your town, you can put up a small beacon for them to build in/on. Maybe not make them so tall so people can build on top of others (like if the town is build alongside a cliff/canyon/floating island).

They have mention they might have a system that allows players to combind beacons
and also something that works like a credit system i guess to where to more you work inside your beacon the bigger it can get. something like that anyways

1 Like

@Hyllfyr & @Grey707
yes something like that woudl be nice, but i think you are getting a little bit off topic…this is about beacon sieging/attacking not how they will work generally.

1 Like

There are alot of good suggestions that everybody has considered for those that are into it or are ok with it. ^^

So to make it fair you could make it against guilds so GvG only and have it to where one guild has to send a not to other guild for a siege battle and it will only start when both GUILDS REPLY AND SAY YES in which they could set up a time and all that

The match cannot start in tell both party’s have crafted a siege shard giving both party’s ability to use there home base or not.

once a siege shard is crafted and places the token system could be used as a registry for people that are part of that siege battle and maybe a timer to mark a draw. The whole feeding the shard while trying to battle sounds too complicated and might dull the experience.

If a siege shard is and placed in a beacon it can only be placedin that beacon by the person that placed the beacon therefore allowing the other team to take a chance to take that beacon and the base

Bases could have defenses and protection crafted to make it even harder for players to take said base.

If Zouls idea of

https://forum.oortonline.com/t/areal-bonus-for-colonization/1374

If not required to participate in PVP/ siege then should be required to participate in PVE/ siege that way theses places could be a little uncommon to have value but could recycled in a since

these areas could have a shard required that has to be crafted and placed or it will auto generate one but PVP/ siege still has to be agreed upon but have to deal with PVE/siege.

By PVE/ siege i mean a player or players make a fort and craft a beacon around said Boosts area and then every night mobs. If the mobs successfully take over the fort or if the player is inactive for say 1.5 RL years then it auto goes to the mob which I think would be cool if the generated a boss or 2 and small legion XD other players then could try there luck and make it there own.

In all cases if the other sides siege shard is destroyed then the other party gets it and can do what they want with it.

However, if a base is not on one of these special areas they will not be subjected to said rules and will be untouched unless the owned decides other wise

Thing that would make it work on all PVP worlds if not all servers XD

Thoughts???

3 Likes

I support the idea.

People need to understand that if they claim a part of the world with their beacons they claimed their right to do stuff inside it, but with it, they also prevent anyone else to do what they want with it.

Claiming a part of the world should come with risks. It should also not be so easy to take over or destroy, but perhaps we could translate this into hard work on the attacker’s part: slowly push back the beacon at a great cost: public announcement, risking getting attention and getting flagged free to kill by anyone.

My theory is that if you allow this risk to develop, ‘guardian guilds’ will emerge asking a fee for their checks on your beacons and properties. Beaconowners should be rich and therefor can spend a coin to protect it as well.

I don’t support this ability on all worlds, even not all pvp ones. But yes, if there would be worlds with singing enabled, then it should be costly, risky and hard work as well.

What about a different kind of beacon?
Town Beacons for guilds and groups of people that live in a community,

Private Beacons for those that like to have small buildings / statues / etc out in the world.

World Beacons, projects that the community put together be it some sort of community event that can be interacted with selected people.

PvP beacons, buildings are somewhat destructable but regenerate over time, these beacons are used for PvP activity which can include capturing, traps, etc and different types of pvp activities that can be used for.

Different kinds of beacons sound like an option, but I think first, solo players should be able to have also beacons as large as those of guilds or communities (even if that means a lot of work for them alone), and second, that having all those “pvp beacons” on special worlds for those would be better for game play issues, because then you don’t have to look around to long to find them and other players who also like such game play will have a place to group up and fight. Having them mixed in all worlds would lead to longer ways and would be some kind of annoying for those specializing on that gameplay.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the idea TO has but it sure sounds a bit complex to balance them all out, if they were ever implemented.

Let me just go ahead and state the obvious problems I’m currently expecting if I were to be dropped into a world full of beacons:

• Beacons are extremely ugly! (Okay that’s perhaps personal.)
  • Beacons can sometimes claim huge areas of the world which prevent anyone else from ‘using all those goodies’.
  • Beacons currently don’t have a downside, they’re the ‘dev-ine’ intervention and in the future it might not be extremely hard to build one.

For the people that have problems understanding the TO’s suggestion. If I may be so kind to explain:
Imagine everyone using beacons, the whole world will be a pulsing purple wall (ugly) and we’ll most likely have many ceisures just looking at the many of them.

If anything killed games before, it’s because there were no downsides to things. Imbalance like that is simply devastating.

Believe it or not, but you building a beautiful home among others isn’t going to be extremely exciting for that balance-part-of-the-story. Ultimately all blocks are going to be stored inside ‘beacon-areas’ and there will be a bottomless pit left of nothingness in between. To prevent that, beacons have to be made less ‘dev-ine’.

1 Like

They could make beacons only as big as the locations you’ve placed a block.

And I think the walls your talking about are temporary and still look forward to what they are going to do with them.

First of, Beacons will become much smaller and their running may cost per time, so you allways will have to do something to keep it up. Second, Beacons will limited by stuff you gather and can put into them, so noone will have many big beacons on a world, but some smaller one of fewer of greater size. Third: All land and stuff outside of beacons will regenerate, so if there is a great hole, it will grow away again and piles or mountains made by people crumble down again to the areas original state. Fourth, the graphic of the beacons is a placeholder (and can be turned off if you want to). Later there will be another way we will see them (or not if we switch it off :wink: ).

So stay calm
… and …
… Belive in …
Wonderstruck

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just wondering where do the devs say it going to cost to run beacons

I thought that was mentioned somewhere before. If not, just add a “may” :wink:

Ps: I edited it :wink:

1 Like