Being able to spray paint Glass panes and gleam

To reproduce: Craft some of the new glass panes and place them into the world, then try using color spray of a different tint on the pane blocks. It’ll error out telling you can only tint blocks that are tintable, … well these new glass panes are tintable, are they not?

I would like to use BLACK colored plain glass panes for windows since that’s the best “tinted glass” look available in the game. However, BLACK gleam is nonexistant, and despite GLEAM also being a tintable block, it too cannot be color sprayed.

We were never told that they were tintable by spray. Just that we could use different color gleams to change their color.

I know the notes for release says craftable/tintable but I believe it was @lucadeltodecso that said it’s color changed only by the gleam used in a comment

I was wrong. It wasn’t Luca. It was Jess. Just a couple little things I've been working on

My storages tell a different story~
(Its gleambow exclusive atm)

We cannot spray gleam because we use gleam to mutate colors, if we could spray gleam we could reproduce every gleam all the time for all eternity \ o_o /

1 Like

I found that dark turquoise gleam makes some pretty close “tinted” windows comparable to black. The dark turquoise gleam was on a recent exo too. Just a possible workaround for the time being.

1 Like

Everyone is going to lose their minds when a black gleam exo spawns :laughing:

I cant wait to sit back with a couple of starberry pies and watch the carnage unfold

5 Likes

Congratulations. You were one of the lucky folk fast enough to get to gleambow meteors before everyone else would devour it when that event was here. I got shafted and always would get nothing due to how ridiculous that event was set up. It was aimed for veterans, not newer players.

I’d didn’t get a lot of black gleam either and I solo most the meteors i did. I also only went to planets with a max of 5 people on it at a time to avoid bumping into other people.

We went as a 2 man team with maxed out speed. And I traded in almost all of my black.

I see a red door and i want it painted black. No colors anymore, i want them turn to black.

5 Likes

Well I mean, if you sprayed paint on a window in real life, it would kind of ruin the point of it being a window in the first place…

3 Likes

Yet in boundless we have critters who can spit out explosives and smart stacks of 900 cubic meters of stone in a single inventory slot, weighing in at 1,441,800 Kilograms … with 32 inventory slots for a load of 46,137,600 kilograms in one’s pocket, that doesn’t over-encumber the player to the point of not being able to move. … Your argument is moot.

1 Like

I have to note that my diaper doesn’t have pockets. You really don’t wanna know where I stash my inventory… :smirk:

3 Likes

For the record, gleam and glass not being tintable isn’t a bug. :sweat_smile: Maybe it could be re-titled as “suggestion”

1 Like

Source of this information?

You also can’t spray foliage, gleam, metal, etc. It’s just one of those things. :woman_shrugging: Def not a bug.

Spraying glass would be like having an added layer to/within the mesh.

1 Like

Well I already provided a link to the glass one. But it’s been stated numerous times that gleam is and will not be tintable by the devs in various posts. Gleam is supposed to be the special/rare item. If you can tint it then it’s no longer special or rare.

1 Like

That link states its “tintable” but doesn’t CLARIFY if it should or should NOT be sprayable.

Conjecture

We don’t know the weight, Can you prove to me what an item would weigh in boundless? Have you invented the tools in boundless to do so? Or preformed experiments to do so?

The laws of Physics in the Universe or Plane that boundless resides in could very well be different then the laws of Physics that we are used to, even if there may be some similarities.

Power coils violate some laws of Thermodynamics, so therefore I will claim that the Physics of Boundless are indeed different then that of the universe that the milky way resides in, different enough to allow state changes to happen that would otherwise seem inconsistent, different enough that maybe glass and select other materials might have a bad reaction to being painted.

Therefore your Assessment is moot.

3 Likes

It creates a wormhole to the next universe where you begin with a clean slate!

Oh wait, this is not No Man’s Sky! :smiley:

1 Like

Very easily. Would be great if you can just spray everything there is.