Besevrona construction

Half curious, half rant. What is with the trend of building/plotting on the ice plateaus in Bes lately? A ton of bean areas have been plotted over in the past few days.

If things were tucked into hills nicely it wouldn’t lessen the bean fields…

Ok off my soapbox

4 Likes

Has it got worse?
I came across one the other week the most glowy spot for bitters and totally walled off.

I sincerely hope its newcomers, who dont know better.

If its not, i think its rude and unvisionary and downright stupid.

People can obviously build where they want, but that has nothing to do with trying to not be a thorn in the eye of a community. Id hope veterans arent this blatantly ignorant of a sense of respect for others.

4 Likes

Older players will grow… new players will show… We need more public planets!@

4 Likes

Space on the current worlds is finite, however rented worlds are firmly on the development agenda, so we may find perceived issues like this lessening once they are released.

8 Likes

Yeah its gotten worse. Hopefully it doesn’t continue to start a trend

2 Likes

One in particular I just wandered by is not a new player, but I hope the rest are. Otherwise, agreed. It’s rude and inconsiderate in my opinion.

1 Like

Im still waiting for whoever wants to defend for those self-fish acts to show up, like in previous posts

3 Likes

I dont even go to bese any more to get mats simply because of the hoth build wannabes. That ice might as well be serp gleamballs

I will defend it. Players can plot wherever they want as long as they have plots. This no different than the players that have plotted around diamond hotspots. The developers have not said it is against the rules so until that changes, there is nothing we can do about it and trying to shame players about playing within the rules seems kind of mean spirited to me. I can go to any planet and find places where players have plotted in areas where another player might have wanted to gather resources, I can find lots of instances where a player may have built out in the wild and now have other player builds they feel are “taking away from their view” or “too close”. We are playing an MMO, so if we are not liking the fact that other players are not playing the way we want them to play then maybe they are not the problem.

10 Likes

Its still possible to hate somthing even if its technically within the rules of the game.

I think plotting hotspots without actually building something there shouldn’t be allowed, but thats just my opinion.

7 Likes

I agree with you. I can dislike the mechanics, but trying to shame the players is where I draw the line.

If I remember correctly, if you remove a resource, when the regen starts it places the natural blocks and then places the resources. But the planet always tries to have a certain amount/percentage of a resource. Maybe what needs to be suggested is that plotted resources not be included in the count of available resources so that when a hotspot is plotted, the resource allocation will consider these resources as removed and place additional resources in other locations to get back up to the desired planetary percentage.

7 Likes

I think there would be a very limited number of places to build on any world if that were the case as there are hotspots for pretty much everything.

Yup, very much this - resources just spawn in another location. I think I remember reading a thread somewhere that stated plotted resources were removed from the count, although that may have only applied to the resource showing up on an atlas. I’ll see if I can find the thread to confirm.

Just to echo what @Kal-El has stated… whilst no actual names have been used in this thread, this is borderline naming and shaming.

Please keep this discussion focused on whether plotting resources should be disallowed or on whether resource regen will spawn those resources in alternate locations and not on other players actions.

5 Likes

I did find your “tucked away” door one day, was going to applaud you in the other thread for building off to the side and under… but didn’t wanna call anyone out (good or bad)

so, ill do it here! Thx Spicey Whale!!! =D
#bestWhale

1 Like

If they intend to build there thats fine, but plotting an absolutely massive area and not using it at all/building a tiny mudhut in it I don’t think should be allowed.

Similarly I don’t think resources should be allowed to be entirely walled off either.

However, with that said having resources spawn in another area if they become plotted could also be a solution that I think would keep everyone happy.

I will defend it. If an area is unplotted it is fair game… if you or I want to preserve a farming area by plotting above the ground then WE need to do it before area is plotted. Why did so and so plot on the surface resources after the fact really not our place to judge.

1 Like

This is the truth. Good or bad, we all have the freedom to plot wherever.

The ones who knowingly cut off resource spots from others, however, are a different breed… I would imagine they have plenty of toilet-paper stocked as well. Maybe had to throw an elbow or two to get it… but hey… it was fair game.

2 Likes

Hello. I’m munkey :wink:

My intention is very much to not name and shame. One thing lately that has kind of weighing me down is watching the surface materials skyrocket in price.

With less area for surface gathering in premium hotspots, the issue will only compound.

2 Likes

Lol thanks! Also, thanks for the footfall :slight_smile:

1 Like