Best way to make spark?

I’ve recently started crafting stuff that takes a lot of spark and was wondering what method people use to get so much? Im currently going through a million a day but soon it will be 4 million or more and its getting pretty costly. So if anyone can help me out with the best thing to mass craft or something it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Compact hard coal.
Go diamond mining and you’ll end up with a lot of hard coal. You can even sell the diamonds and buy spark.
I usually get 900-1000 diamonds / 30 minutes - can be sold for 40.5k - 45k, with which you can buy 4.05k to 4.5k spark (each spark item gives 1000 spark). That is 4 million spark only from diamonds.
From the coal you’re getting (around 2k) - you can make around 300 compact hard coal, which gives you 4500k spark items (4.5 million spark in the machine)
In the end you make at least 8 million spark (8000 spark items) with 30 minutes of work.

ps. You can also farm spark from combustion particle farm - but this is way slower.

Regards,

4 Likes

Compact Peat. I use nothing else for spark generation.

Or just buy it, pretty cheap.

4 Likes

I guess it depends on what you mean by best really?

Is it what burns quickest, or what is the cheapest per spark, or what can you get your hands on easiest…

I tend to just throw anything that will burn that I don’t need into the generators.

You might find your cheapest option is to buy up lots of peat, compact it and then chuck it in.

Or buy up lots of cheap wood and throw that in.

Quickest to burn would be enriched hard coal or enriched combustion particle.

1 Like

Also, I hope you have the efficient crafting epic.
Perhaps also join a guild which gives some perks for further lowering spark requirements.

Regards,

2 Likes

Yh i have the skill bit did not know about the guild buff, i might try putting that on my guild thanks

Buy best i was thinking most cost effective/time it takes as i dont have lots of free time, so far im thinking of trying the diamond/hard coal method

Hyrule is the planet with ludicrous amount of diamonds and hard coal.

Regards,

4 Likes

cool thx i will check it out, any chance you know how to get there i dont think ive seen that planet before

TNT Alcyon -> Paka’s Place -> Diamond Mine 1 or 2

Regards,

2 Likes

Always compact your peat/coal, skipping that step is throwing away spark. You can get spark from:

• trunk/timber/sticks
  • peat
  • any coal
  • buying spark

Low level trunk is a fast and cheap source of spark if you can get/make the tools to farm it efficiently. If you’re specifically farming for spark peat may be better when compacted, but trunk also drops sap which is useful or easy to sell.

You can still get more spark (and the other loot is better) if you’re a full spec miner on a high level planet with a ton of hard coal though.

4 Likes

My roommate has about a dozen compactors connected to a block of spark generators.
He gathers peat, compacts, and then feeds it into the spark generator.
But compact peat is a bit rough on the generators. You’ll need to repair them about every 2-3 hours.

1 Like

@Monkeys9115
this table i make a long time ago
all price from for coal and more are from but if you buy them today (10.01.2021)

you can see in this table

• what brings each fuel per unit & per mass
  • what brings each mass effectively ( generated spark minus cost for production)
  • what brings each mass effectively with 7200 power on coils
  • what brings each mass effectively with 7200 power on coils with guild buff 3 (reduce spark cost)
  • cost for each
  • and some more info

i am hidding the craft information what you need for crafting each, otherwise the table would be so big :wink: if someone would the full version let it know me ^^

my personal preference is compact hard coal, less work for creating and a Hugh amount you get from it and you must not often repair generator.

if you have no problem with repair the generator 2-3 times you can just use wood. If i go collect sap i just store all wood and make spark out of it :joy:

or you can use compact peat, never use pure peat that a waste of spark. before i use compact hard coal i used compact peat.

i hope i can help you with the table

5 Likes

Compact peat all I use and have two separated max out spark generators of I ever need to make more

1 Like

Don’t you need like 15.55 stacks of peaty soil to compact, to obtain 1 million spark?
You can mine a lot of hard coal in the same time.

Regards,

2 Likes

Hello! What tool are you using?

1 Like

Ah, I thought everyone knew about @Mayumichi awesome BUTT!

https://butt.boundless.mayumi.fi/#item=ITEM_BEAN_SWEET

3 Likes

i think he mean tools ingame, otherwise it makes no sense in this topic ^^
but yes i like the tool from mayumi, i used it fro the coin price in my table

i think he will use any 3x3 aoe tool

1 Like

I thought it looked like he was asking what tool @Ratchel was using to get the price list in their post, as he replied directly to it…

1 Like

It’s BUTT. Not to be mistaken for butt. Butt is better than BUTT, but BUTT is more useful for making that coin.

:joy:

4 Likes