Better connections between planets and cities

Since I started playing the game (not long 3-4 months maybe) I always had trouble navigating to places around the world. It’s true that things got easier as soon as I found TNT, but even so… It’s not only about going to one planet to another, or getting the best resource spots, we also have shops, and not only malls, we also have nomad shops. Navigating these is as much of a pain as it was 4 month ago when I started.

I apreciate the work and dedication of all ppl that have done portal hubs, but I feel that this could be improved upon. At each planet (maybe in the capital, or a neutral place, or wherever the hub lords decide :slight_smile:) there would be a city hub, where anybody that is searching for a specific city can find. I am not talking about small settlements, I am talking about the big ones, so you could easily go from one city (most of them have shops) without having to try 10 diff portals until you get to one that is nearer or, if you are lucky, right in the city. For me, most of the time, I would have to travel 2.000+. I am sure they would have portals in one or another hub, but going through each hub would actually take more than runing the 2k.

I guess there might be feuds or maybe undecission about the ff around the hubs, and merging hubs, but I also think this would benefit everybody and create a better game experience.

I know there is a lot of talk about the comunity comming together with the result of beutiful things, but, I think this is more something directed to the hub owners, who could do something even more amazing for the comunity than they already did. And I know that most of the time, it’s a group effort to create and maintain a hub, I am not undermining that by saying hub owners.

So what do you think guys? Can we make boundless great again? :slight_smile:

(^ just joking, boundless already is great, except for this specific thing where you run around the world like crazy :rofl:)

1 Like

aint it great already?

just watch this

if you think boundless is great :heart: this post

now watch the magic happen!

14 Likes

So have “city hubs”?

This is probably something that wasn’t really needed in 2018 or much of last year, but as the planets fill up - it would be handy. I think the current big hubs have portals for everything though (city portals, personal portals, etc). The PS hubs are set up like this > main portals > city portals > shop portals, etc.

Hopefully we’ll need planet hubs or rental planet hubs soon

:blush:

2 Likes

I have a plan for the next big megahub. I assure you that it’ll have good connections between cities :slight_smile:

Like I said, most of them do, but there aren’t connections to all the cities. I feel bad that I didn’t wrote them down when I did my buy/sell run today so I could name examples, but there are a lot of them. I am doing a lot of things like tis lately, searching for best prices, even doing some basket trade (especially that butt is up and runing). Malls are great, when you need something fast, but when doing big crafts, you usually want the ingredients as cheap as posible to maximize your profits (at least I do). That is why I do all of that running around. I tried doing request baskets, but I found (most of the times) that ppl will not come and sell it to you, even if you offer more coin that they have in the shop stand (even in the same planet). It’s easier not to run around and try to sell your stuff, but, it’s more rewarding if you do :slight_smile:

I would love to see that, but I feel it will just add to the hubs we already have and devide things even more.

It’ll be a unique idea that will include transition planets and deluxe portals :smiley:

Sounds like what PS has. Or is that another concept?

so there’s a central hub, then a few “transition planets” for off-central hubs with even MORE connections to even more planets with more hubs. a bit like PS but farther reaching But i’ll get very angry at myself if i choose alcyon for the T6 Transition planet :stuck_out_tongue:

I have two alternate suggestions.

Dev side:

Community side:
A hub on a planet should have 8 1x2 portals, 1 in each direction, (N NE NW W SW S SE E), which jumps you forward by some number of meters N so that each location on the planet is within some distance f(N). I’m too lazy rn to calculate the optimal f(N) and N for periodic planets of a given size.

I noticed that even when there’s a portal in a hub, it can be hard to find and I spend more time walking around looking for labels than the time it takes to grapple 1500m.

So when you’re looking for a shop on a planet it’s easier if you can just go in the direction that your compass is pointing, and the portal saves you time by moving you in that direction. It’s a general solution that doesn’t require every hub to hook up with every city, it only requires 8 1x2 portals per hub and can be done anytime.

1 Like

You should be able to name portals.

Then there should be a portal finder kind of like the shop scanner

And if you click on a shop in shop scanner, it should show you the names of the 20 nearest portals

9 Likes

Munteen transfer station…

Anyone?:shushing_face:

I really don’t think that the devs could solve this, at least not soon, as there are a lot of things more important (like titans, and other).

Having directional portals can get out of hand as we have 10km planets, you would get to a lot, fast.

I’m not sure what this is :thinking:

From a quick search it’s another planet hub. But, I’m not talking about jumping planets. That is relatively easy with TNT, PS, and whatever your choice is. It’s more of getting the cities together in one place.

1 Like

It was just that in ea.

impossible hubs are always flawed
they just one big moebius lol
i wish more people just focus on investing there oort in portals to lead people around there towns
instead off the worlds
things like ultima world hub is nice to reach a planet
but then when ya there our any other big hub you have hundred off named portals you dont know what our where they go our do
so many people just get them all cramped onto this small center place to max out footfall
and then run them like a machine they need maintain
no custom frames no personaisation
i know someh ubs are themed but
nothing individual
when i ran hubs in beta i used to focus on the people and let them customize the portals to match there builds our used a icon system to mark wheter it was shop contained places to live by if it was something to wurth seeing artwise etc

those massive hubs with door after door with random name i find awfull and useless
it would take someone real smart and creative to create a good hub
for starters not going for as much as possible but being real selective would help alot
let the towns handle the shops and builds portals
let the big hubs just connect to towns 1 per town
eliminate double connections
would be so nice if i could go to a planet and then there are only 3portals
1leads to all shops 1 leads to a hub with one portal for each town 1leads to all people who love to be in one huge cluster lolz
one thing is sure to do it wright you need tons off research and then a test day where you invite me if i dont get lost you won :joy:

people gonna say is not for footfall but they lying when i ran hubs i made millions and fast
in sunkentown we now put all our coin in fuel and just connect to the 3big networks and the rest goes into our metro running aroundf town so villager can portal fast to world hubs without needing to invest coin then all our shops are around the hub so those dont need portals either just when shopowner wishes
is even anoying that one off the networks is located on other location then our maincenter cuase they needed to own it hmm might talk to them giving ff but not the land could solve it
but im done with hubs forever been there done that lol
its a cant please all problem
alot would be solved if the portals could be owned like a plot when a person fuels them and then ff for usage is added and it goes to the fueler instant

1 Like

The biggest problem is there isn’t a “micro blocks” system to allow for detailed frames in smaller spaces.

Nobody wants to walk twice or three times as far to get to a portal, just do portals can have nicer frames.

So there isn’t much we can do within the confines of what the devs give us as tools.

could dividing a hub in multiple locations not work
kinda like a piramid design
you start on top select direction and keep getting more choises

It would be easier if you could warp to the location itself.

you know like one portal with a menu like sanctum listing all your shops in your mall
and then in the shops return portals

something like that then?

our when you find shop in that pricelist shop thing you can grab location marker and use it on a location marker portal lol
i know devs prefer less portals for server

3 Likes