Bg3 news ( i still think this should be In General as it has impact on boundless)

Understood, and apologies.

Well said @Stretchious :heart: :clap:

If you think the constant negativity on the forums is not also a part of the decline of the game you are kidding yourself.

4 Likes

People being negative MAY not help, I’ll give you that one.
But don’t come here like you’re the Negativity-Police to prevent people from saying what they think as if it’s going to magically fix everything, as if THAT was a root-issue.
It’s a symptom :

First and foremost, I’ll ask you to find an official video-game forum where people are all like you.
Spoiler : it doesn’t exist.

Second, The state of the forum is a reflection of the state of the game.
No game is perfect, so you’ll always have some negative people here and there.
If the game is too buggy, people will complain about that.
If the game is basically dead with no updates in the horizon, people will leave to play other games until such time as the devs will release a proper update.

Boundless is an MMO. Games like that require updates for their communities to flourish, whether you like it or not.

It’s not complicated people : there is nothing YOU can do about it with your talks of making community efforts and such. You can’t fix Wonderstruck’s marketing for them, you can’t make content for them. It’s ALL in the hands of the devs.
You can’t always blame people who are making “I’m leaving” threads or “I’m not happy about the state of the game” threads for all the woes of the game.

As much as I love the back and forth on this thread it’s time to leave it alone

1 Like

I definitely does not help, quite the contrary. The rest is in your head mate. No one was implying that it’s the root cause, but it isn’t helping and it’s simply making a bad situation worse for everyone involved. It might make you feel a bit better for a bit (blowing off steam) but in the end it doesn’t change a thing.

I can’t forbid you to say what you think, but don’t kid yourself into thinking you are not part of the problem in doing so…

2 Likes

I could return that right back to your face.

We were having a discussion, a fairly normal debate, sharing some infos and such.
And then there’s that one guy who feels the need to play the police, coming like “no you can only talk of what is relevant to Boundless, so stop talking”.
You think THAT helps anything? You think THAT doesn’t sour the overall mood?

Lol :joy: #forum.playboundless is all I need to say

Nothing wrong with talking about BG3 but might be better to move those to off-topic.

I also feel there is nothing wrong with pointing out the flaws of Boundless especially if you are playing the game currently. Overstating what is wrong over and over and over, while not wrong, does get quite annoying.

I love that these forums are active but just to back up @kemyobra here a little, if you play the game still and come on the forums for help or to see what new events there are or just to post something or if you are a new player looking for information these forums are a pretty hefty deterrent for people. I have stated it before that I have had a few friends now that I thought were going to buy the game and when I asked them if they bought it yet they told me simply that they were and are reluctant to purchase it because of all the negativity in the forums.

What’s sad for me is this community is still great … regardless of how you feel about the game. I don’t want to play the police, I don’t want to tell you to NOT express your opinion, but at least move some it to off-topic or something.

The game is playable, fun and quite addicting in it’s current state.

Is it being constantly updated? Nope
Do the devs communicate to a point that I am satisfied? Nope
Do I still play the game and enjoy every moment I play it? Yup

Simply said, I respect any and every opinion on the game but tone it down already… we all loved this game at some point why not try and let new players enjoy that too and form their own opinion. I, like my friends, would have never bought the game had I read the forums.

Lastly, I have been a firm believer that if you have nothing nice to say just don’t say it… sadly not everyone feels that way.

no, you were talking off topic spreading make believe and you were reminded that this thread and this category is not the place for that. if that’s not helping, I don’t know what is.

On that I very much agree. The off-topic category is where some people around here try to bury things they would like to keep out of mind / out of sight, which IS as much of an issue as negativity as a whole.

That’s the thing.
I wanted to come back to the game, had something I thought could be fun to do.
But then I had this realisation that Boundless is likely not getting an update in 2021. Might even wait half-way into 2022. So I asked myself “what’s the point?”
I’m not even sure the game will still be here by the end of 2022. I’m expecting James to admit at any point in the next 12 months “we’re shutting this game down”.

2 Likes

How is that an issue? How is it an issue that some of us still want to enjoy what’s there? Just how?

Sending the messages of those who have a perspective you don’t share to the deepest reaches where people are unlikely to find them, THAT is how you enjoy what is there?

You don’t see how that’s censorship? You don’t see how that could be an issue?

And I’m the one who spreads make-believe.
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Goblinounours and all the others that are quick to point out the negatives have valid points and most of the others are long time players so I totally respect their opinions its just when that opinion is brought up in every other post regardless of the context.

If an update keeps you from playing the game, don’t play it no issue there from me. No update for some means no new content and thus they must be bored with the current content and/or feel its stale. If that’s the case a simple post stating “I’m bored and moving on” is probably a good summation for most players. That boredom could be from grinding too much, hunting too much, long craft times whatever that may be, but some of that is simply opinions.

@majorvex I think the BG3 discussion could remain in General I personally don’t care. I am glad I don’t moderate here as it already drives me nuts enough. I had to take a hiatus from the forums as they just drag me down. When I first started playing I would get up in the morning and check the forums and be excited … now I get up check them and just feel BLAH. Love the game…could do without the forums at times…

Again, the forum is a reflection of the state of the game.

You repeat that you enjoy the game as it is as much as people like me are being negative (imagine if we kept telling you “shut up, we know you enjoy the game as it is!”), but the game still isn’t in a healthy place, which impacts the state of the forum.

Without talking about the specifics before, just motivations - I just want to emphasize again that at least in my view, the discussion was not a negative or trying to build negativity, but rather trying to build understanding and sympathy for what MIGHT be the situation, that if this is what we can see out publicly, sure to be a lot more we don’t know about. That there might be - even if not these - some really good reasons that things stand as they are, and that judgement on things that are causing pain to some members of the community might have more behind them than we know. Speculation, yes, but just trying to show there is a lot more in play even than what we’re seeing. I want this community to stay positive, despite getting disheartened and negative at times, this to me really wasn’t negativity but was more like, ok, lot going on here, and if it DOES end soon (hope it doesn’t of course) I wish them all 1000x well and there is nothing but respect still from me.

State of the game? Game is fine just doesn’t get updates… bout it.

Well you’re lying to yourself, then. I saw your posts like “I don’t get enough coins in my baskets anymore”. What do you expect to happen from there? What do you think is the root-cause of that? Is it me, dastardly, evilishly making negative messages once a month in the forum?

2 Likes

Well I have 5 returned copies that stated you specifically as the reason for the return that say yes?

And before you try to use semantics to distract, not just you. But this whole active trolling campaign and the associated acts, which includes a lot of your posts and conflation, were the reason my friends have all decided to stick with a different game

Of course you do. People definitely return their copies of the game because of what I say on the game’s forum. Suuuuure.

2 Likes