Big ol' oof

Apparently I was away a bit too long and lost everything I’ve made and gained since Boundless was released.

I have nobody in my life to talk to about this so I figured I’d make a post because I’m just… sad. Feel a bit empty. It was fun while it lasted my dudes.

4 Likes

I did the same thing and have re-built. It wasn’t so bad the 2nd time around. If you want to still mess around a bit, lemme know I can get you a Return to Boundless starter kit. AoE hammer, couple pies, coils and such.

5 Likes

I also have basics I can give you if you need anything.
I also have a few of the normal power coils for red and blue machines.

2 Likes

You’ve been blessed with a clean slate, go forward and prosper!

4 Likes

This is a very kind community, and I appreciate you guys wanting to help.

I had a lot. Feels like a lot of wasted time. I might be back one day after the game’s been updated for a long time. Nothing tying me to it currently since I don’t have the stress of trying to remember to log in and feed my beacons anymore. I love this game and community, but I’m going to give it some more time. I’m sure I’ll be back in the future.

4 Likes

The greater fuel gives 16weeks fuel time, if you cant play at least once every 16 weeks then yea… not the best game :expressionless:

1 Like

Thinking about opening a Reintegration Workshop for homeless Oortians who lost their beacons… a place with fully coiled machines until people are back on their feet. Not shared with other players, of course.

8 Likes

I think this is simply an unfair assessment. Some people have busy lives, and much going on in their personal lives. Some people play some games–or games in general–in waves.

A game that requires you to log in and go to the places you own and feed an item to a machine every 16 weeks, else you lose everything you own in the game… well, doesn’t matter if it sounds ridiculous, that game still can require too much upkeep for some people’s lives.

All it takes is ONE mistake–one time that you forget to upkeep, and it’s all gone. Been upkeeping from the beginning, but unfortunately this was my one mistake. That’s life though, I suppose.

5 Likes

What exactly did you loose? I can offer to help replace whatever you need if it helps.

All I can suggest otherwise is to set the date somewhere you check regularity in order to ensure it dosnet happen again.

It’s reasons like this I wish wonderstruck would send email notifications to inform people of expiring beacons.

4 Likes

When the beacon concept was initially drafted, they mentioned email notifications. Unfortunately, it seems that never happened.

5 Likes

I knew my beacon was expiring… and at the time I was just like, oh well I don’t think I’m going to play this game any more anyway.

About 4 months later I wanted to start playing again, but the thought of rebuilding, of the millions of c worth of things I’d lost… I kept putting it off.

Then I finally logged back in one day, it was funny trying to figure out which machine is necessary to make the next machine, oh and I’ll need spark. All set! Now lemme just craft a… %$*#!!! I need power coils :frowning: and jeeez do any recipes NOT require glue???

The struggle :joy:

3 Likes

If i know im going to take a break, the best suggestion I would offer is make a few alts and try to hold onto the most valuable stuff on them. 10 characters is a lot of storage space.

4 Likes

logging in once every 4 months is too much to ask?
and all you have to do is ask on the forums and I am sure a few people would give you a couple of the fuels for free.

If you cant log in once in 4 months, then gaming isnt gonna be a thing for that person.

Doing it all again the 2nd time round is kinda fun. With leveled characters it goes 10 times faster. I decided a while ago i wanted a new challenge and started a new home/shop from scratch and gathered everything manually. Was fun. Except it only lasted 4 days til i was back with more of everything than i needed.

3 Likes

I think this logic has a fatal flaw. So I set a reminder to log in week 15 day 4 to add beacon fuel and real life throws you a curve ball and you miss the day and it is all gone. Why should players not be able to take a break and not come back to a loss of possibly hundreds of hours of work? Why is there a lack of empathy for other players when things like this happen to them?

No wonder the game is still loosing players. .

3 Likes

Why wait so long. Do it at 12 weeks and you have almost a 4 week cushion

If you dont play for this long, then why do you want to even keep the land from other players that want to enjoy the game? Its 4 months. At some point in for months if you enjoy the game, youll be in game. This is a living world type game. plots are limited. You knew this before you started playing. there is no real excuse. Either play the game or let your stuff go so others can. Like I said, all they have to do is ask and people will give them the fuel. I will make some now if someone needs.

This whole I cant play at least once in 4 months is NOT an excuse. Very few exceptions can be made. and it literally takes 10 minutes to log on make a few fuels and put in beacons.

1 Like

Power through…there is Never enough stuff! :laughing:

I think there is a building by the base of a mountain that once was stocked full…get back to work already!:wink:

1 Like

Situations like this would really benefit from some sort of system to save home beacons when the fuel runs out.

2 Likes

Well when I had 4 days to refuel my beacon, I was out of state all week… I hadn’t planned on refueling it but I probably would have if i had been home.

1 Like