Big ol' oof

I think this post has been taken down a bit of a different road - beacons need fueling and having worlds full of dead beacons was never in the plan. That aside, I know exactly how you feel about not having anything keeping you here at the moment.

It happens, sometimes you need a bit of a break to get out of the habit / addiction / strain of playing boundless. I took an extended break beginning of the year, but was fortunate enough to be able to use GC to keep my stuff safe.

Go on, live in the real world for a bit (or a different escape, however it turns out :wink: Keep an eye on the forums, check out a jiivita video every now and again, and when you have regained a bit of will come see what is happening. Maybe there will be new planets out; maybe there will be titans; heck, maybe we might even be clothed when you come back?! In any event, come back when you feel ready and you have the time / attention to give to the game without it holding you hostage. That’s the only time that any game is really enjoyable.

It’s a curse of always online games that things move on without you, sometimes you just want a good old slow burn distraction that sits in the corner and behaves when you’re gone. We’ll miss you, and you’ll miss us, and one day we’ll yabo again. GL!

3 Likes

You guys are all so wonderful, haha. I’ll always adore this community.

3 Likes

You’ve had offers above already, but I wanted to throw in that I’m happy to help you get started again too if you want some blocks, tools and coin.

If you want to play rarely but keep your stuff I’d join one of the various coop guilds. There are several where you can join and get access to storage and coils on someone else’s beacon for free. You could probably also get a guild to keep one beacon fueled for you indefinitely if you give them permissions. Just a few ideas for ways to enjoy the game and the community without the stress of worrying about beacons :blush:

I knew you back in old Ultima right?

2 Likes

Fuel is so incredibly cheap to make, does it matter if some goes to waste? This isn’t a minecraft world that can eventually run out of resources within easy reach.

Sorry, I am obsessed with efficiency.
And when you are using the max fuel type, you have a lot of resources to gather. You’d want to make that stretch as far as possible.
Increasing that window of opportunity for no losses is an IMMENSE QOL feature.

3 Likes