Big Request, Complaint, whatever: Invunerable waitng for Sanctum! ! !!

@james
Went to a level 6 to mine. I have hubby ask for help just as I am heading off to go to the mining spot and what happens when I tell her to go to Sanctum ! ! I get ATTACKED yes, this time I am yelling ! I’m also pissed, she is just one small section from dying **AGAIN !!**

Come ON, I know of other games my son plays and you are protected from any danger when you are waiting. 10 seconds, Frigging 10 seconds time for the critters to attack me and hubby, who doesn’t understand games and doesn’t want to, thinks that is okay, he needed my help and so what.

Do what other games do, have us Invulnerable As Oher Games Do Please, Prutty Please with Sugar on Top, make it safe for us as we wait to go to the sanctum. I’m really sick and tired of dying with the neg affects we have to deal with from it.

As I sounding B*&c&Y? Yes, sorry, but I am sick and tired of it. Just told hubby when he came in, what did he say?

“So, what it isn’t a big deal that you died!” Well, "Guess what honey,

It is to me! ! ! "

Which games? I play none that gives you this kind of protection,

The point of this is to prevent logoff tactics, You should be trying to log off in a safe place when you can.

Some games I have played will even go as far to interrupt the logoff/return if you are attacked while it is counting down and hold your character in danger until you either come back and correct the situation, or an amount of time passes where you do not sustain damage, or you die.

12 Likes

Lol… I’m with the hubby on this one. (Although I agree with you… it would be nice if there was a period of time either when going to the sanctum, or that moment right after you revive that we couldn’t take damage)… but when I die I shake it off and go on. The death penalty isn’t really that big of a deal. It kind of Thales the pressure off dying in a way.

1 Like

Having yourself be invulnerable while returning to sanctum would be incredibly abuseable. You can cancel the return at any time, so I could see people using it to ignore monster hits during meteors or just in general.

If you need to go back home in a hurry and dont want the risk of being attacked, bury yourself in the dirt/build blocks around yourself and then sanctum, or jump into a river/lake as you’ll sanctum before you drown.

4 Likes

I wasn’t near a lake or river, but on top of a hill, with cuttletrunks and hoppers wanting my hide. And he doesn’t wait. And this isn’t one time, it happens constantly every time play,

To him, it is just a stupid game, and it is no big deal, so what. I don’t like the loss of health, yes, I’m in a pissy mood, sorry, back is hurting, frustrated over other stuff and this was bad timing, but I still hate it happening all the time and I feel that it isn’t that much to ask for ether less time going to sanctum or to be safe while we wait.

These are the little things that affect perception of the game for new players. When they play high rating games who give them protection and this one doesn’t, it is just another nail in why they don’t want to play.

Others have complained about the loss of health, and I don’t like having to use health brews to be able to jump back into a fight for my life when I do take on a meteorite to have the cuttletrunk waiting for me to show up and it also happens often, die again, step back through and get hit again. Step back through, drink a brew and get hit again, or the hopper is now waiting. I have shadow epic, all the protection I can afford, but my hunter has most skill points into fighting, and she is right now part miner. Later when I get enough points I can make one just a hunter one a gather and one a miner. Alts take too long in my opinion.

Again, sorry to sound so grouchy but I want to play to ignore the pain, not have more dropped on me that makes me more frustrated. Da*m it, I want to go shopping, I want to look at showers for the bathroom, new flooring to put down in the old bathroom, but I Freaking CAN’T right now!

I’m not fit to be around humans, sorry again for my bad mood. Just ignore me, I needed to vent I guess.

Which games?

Sometimes in BL I die over & over while trying to warp in/out of places. Meh. I just keep doing what I’m doing. I rock that little purple death icon all day long lol

It’s generally a good idea to dig a quick hole in the ground/mountain to warp safely, if you can’t run real quick behind some trees or something.

3 Likes

yea but thats generaly when there is pvp in the game to prevent you form loging off to avoid losing with the PVE game i can only see this being the case

but even still with the way combat works you would really have to practice to abuse that and even then super easy fix you just give the user a debuff for x seconds to discourage abuse like you do -100% less damage for 10 secs would not effect people useing the warp legitly but would prevent hunt abuse

i know WoW has one form of it you are not protecting while hearthing but you are made a worthless target after any kind of teleporting to prevent ganking

Also for PvE, People can abuse this against NPCs just as much as they can abuse it against players, The very fact this thread even exists proves the point that it haves an effect on PvE, and that was by mistake.

Players will abuse this in hunts as well. It will become a tactic to try to click the logout button the moment low HP happens. Or as a way to mitigate incoming damage that can be foreseen before hand.

You as a former hunt Leader, should easily be able to see the different types of PvE abuse this can have.

true but someting like this can help prevent it

also when it comes down to hunts you dont really need to abuse it hunt towers do its job already dont know if its still meta but the person with argo would take 0 dmg while eveyone attacked the mobs

TBH, as a PC player, 1/2 the time I’ll just close out the window real quick or Ctrl Alt Del BL and it instantly puts me in the sanctum. (character still takes 10 seconds to warp)

1 Like

Can’t handle high level worlds, don’t go there yet. Sounds rude but it’s kinda true. I feel like if there is a logout protection, it will be abused somehow.

we can’t really use that has a thing tho for saying dont implement this especially in a MMO if its in the server it will be abused just look like bomb mineing regen farms, foot fall traps…9/10 farming will be abused in some way 5 min after it releases

If that is indeed the case, then that is a loophole that should be closed. I do hope you stating such will cause more people to try it out so that it becomes a problem large enough for the devs to fix.

But at least, when you exit out like that, You do lose your meteorite life, and are removed from the battlefield, which is a bit less damaging to the game then someone who is running around on the battlefield having random bouts of invulnerability from clicking the logout button and canceling it, while that player can still have an effect on the battlefield,

I’ve never done that during a meteor hunt. That would be counter-productive.

I think if they lowered or removed the 10 second warp delay, it would remedy these things. (The 10 second delay is the only reason I use this method to get to the sanctum)

I’m pretty sure you can’t use this method to stop a death sequence/consequence though.

1 Like

I still think that is a bit cheesy to be able to remove your self from any danger at any time, if the delay was removed.

For example, The fall into lava might be able to be avoided if you create a macro to log you out quite fast.

Danger in a game is a good thing.

1 Like

100% agree.

1 Like

Oh harder planets I carry sand to help create safe buildings and stuff… ill hide from the mobs in the best place I can, wall up and then sanctum

2 Likes

I highly disagree with invulnerability when warping to sanctum, but as an alternative it may be smart to make taking damage cancel the warp animation and timer so a player can potentially flee.

I’m pretty certain your body lingers in game for 10 seconds even if your game is closed or lags out. This is the cause of many lag out deaths. The design is quite deliberately in place to close this loophole, but can also have occasional unfortunate consequences.

1 Like

As I stated, it doesn’t stop the death sequence/consequences, it just removes you from the situation and immediately puts you in the sanctum.

1 Like