Big Request, Complaint, whatever: Invunerable waitng for Sanctum! ! !!

While you do indeed skip waiting on the timer, I’m not entirely sure your body is immediately transported to the sanctum. I think your body still lingers the full 10 seconds in game after the game is closed (body position lingers on the server side regardless of client side data). We could potentially test this hypothesis just by having someone witness your quick log out from a different account. Personally I have never witnessed a person just vanish on log out

I think this is the case too because you will still die if you are in harms way. I’m not saying it does anything for the player.

Hmmm. I’ll do it in front of someone and they can say what my character does when I ghost lol

2 Likes

I messaged Gray & she did it in front of me so I could record it. Her character still bowed out & it took 10 seconds. To the person doing it, it looks like an immediate action, but it’s not.

Debunked. lol

1 Like

I will ask my son, as he and I were discussing it and goes he plays several game, online, SP game, Final Fantasy WoW, and there is another he mentioned that has it set up that you are not able to be hurt when teleporting, that the mob attacking you is frozen.

And I don’t think it is fair, and I don’t mind being attacked when I am playing, but I’m not Playing, I’m standing there, frozen and a sitting duck where they can injury and kill me. PLUS, when I return, I am almost in the exact same spot, with now almost no health and another sitting target because I can not drink a health brew or eat food.

The 10 second is like a punishment for going to the sanctum. It should be maybe 3 seconds and it can’t keep a player from dying, because like I said, I have almost always when killed in a mob or by the critters around have them still there when I return. And even if not in the same spot, they are close enough and I am weak enough to be killed before I can run away, drink a brew or eat some food. That isn’t instantaneous, it takes a second or two to do so and have had critters attack me while doing that.

It isn’t the dying, it is the being a sitting duck when I think we should be safe from attack when we leave and know we will have to face the critters when we return, we at least have a chance, this way, I have no chance to not be killed or seriously injured.

Punishment is how I see it, you can see it how you want. And I can handle the critters pretty much when it is fair, this isn’t fair. So saying if you can’t stand the heat stay off the planet is rubbish, it isn’t the heat, it is the flat out punishment, in my opinion, for leaving a area.

If I return and the critters are still around, I can deal with it because I’m not a sitting duck, froze and unable to move to dodge whatever the spitter and cuttletrunks shoot at me, or jump out of the way of the hoppers. Punishment for leaving to the sanctum.

Hubby told me just now don’t be a baby. I told to stop being a big A&*hole.

I just dig a hole put up a block to keep unwanted intruders away and then return to sanctum.

4 Likes

You definitely take damage trying to hearth in WoW. You might not die, but sometimes it’ll also disrupt the ‘casting’. Logging out has a 30 sec counter, I can go check if need be.

Just chiming in to say that 10s is pretty fast for a warp/teleport to safety.

This feature is to end your play session, or get unstuck from traps. If starting the return to sanctum gave invulnerability they would be better off to just remove the delay entirely as 10s invulnerability would be very easily exploited to avoid attacks.

“Just dig a hole” Yeah, if hubby would give me time, “Shut the garage door, don’t want any mice or cats getting in side the garage” Cat people across the street, animal service did come and take some of them, at times over 30 cats. And they all stay outside and breed like rabbits.

As I said, hubby gets impatient and he won’t even touch the computer so has no understanding of games, how it can take more than three seconds for me to stop and get safe, let alone let me dig a hole to get safe.

So, according to all here, I am just a baby, should accept my fate, quit whining and just die and deal with it.

I know I being a grouch, later I will tell everyone I am sorry and mean it then, right now it will just be words, hey, I’m honest.

1 Like

Often, all it takes is 3 blocks destroyed which takes like 10 seconds max usually.

3 down, and then place 1 block above you, and you’re safe.

Though sometimes it’s better to be like 6 blocks or so down.

Sorry you don’t feel well.

Absolutely NOT the case for WoW, The only way to exit in WoW like this is if you are a Paladin and use Divine Shield on your self and then Try to Hearth away. Otherwise You will sustain damage from players or NPCs if they attack you, furthermore, the amount of damage sustained can cause the casting time to take longer.

Logging out doesn’t make you immune either.

I am sorry but technically you are, As far as the game is concerned at any rate, and until the game removes your Character from the game world, Your character is in the game world and subject to all the laws the govern the game. You consent to this the moment you log in to the game. The game doesn’t stop just because you want it to stop right then and now. You picked a bad spot to log out in, and you got punished. I am sorry but it is that simple.

You have this button and the Esc key you can press at any time to regain control of your character.

The mechanic isn’t there to punish you. It’s there to prevent people from cheating – using return to sanctum as a way to escape dangerous situtations. Unfortunately it can makes it frustrating for all of us to have to wait. Do you have an alternative suggestion to prevent the cheating?

I don’t think anybody here is saying to quit being a baby… Just that it is a necessary mechanic that makes the game better.

1 Like

No, I also don’t believe they are intentending to be mean either. But frustration is as frustration will be and that is not fun to deal with in games. On the bright side, dying these days we don’t lose durability.

I don’t know about better. But it’s a semi understandable mechanic. Tho I’ve never been a fan of that mechanic in any game. It’s why I never use the sanctum. Even when I quit playing for the day I don’t go to sanctum I just turn off my ps4 with the game running. To me the sanctum is useless.

1 Like

Yeah but your avatar still does the whole kneel down for ten seconds and return to sanctum bit.

Logging out in the middle of combat is one of the earliest MMO exploits. People used to unplug their modems lol.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know since I don’t see it. Lol. Just straight power off not sleep

Also people still unplug their modems in today’s day n age be it in pvp or pve. It’s just the people who can’t handle a challenge who do that. Or the people who like ruining things for others.

Spouses can be demanding. It would be nice if there was an emergency exit for when your spouse calls, I’m sure no one would use it for any advantage, and even if they did, is it so horrible for a game to help you out? Or give you a break, help us instead of making some of us frustrated?

@Janna55. If you have the death penalty reduction epic skill, and get the guild buff for reducing the death penalty experience loss penalty torture, then the penalty will be almost nothing.

Wow that first post was a little intense

They also should be understanding, I won’t say anything more as the risk of creating a Riot and a Uproar both at the same time becomes quite high, which in turn will stress out @Havok40k

If you give someone a way to abuse something, People will abuse it. And depending on how strong the thing being abused is, it can even become the Meta to abuse it.

Plz no stress me.