BIOMES: Request for creative ideas!

I’m happy to see a piece of my hometown on here. lol

Yes! I love the Home Trees idea. I actually just started a settlement on Elopor that’s similar in concept. I found a grove of trees that I’ve been building up and using as homes. : )

The dead city, like earth est. 200 years without people skyscrapers over grown with vegetation.

3 Likes

Large bodies of water and oceans, large enough that boats or submarines are a sensible means of exploring them.

5 Likes

5 Likes

So this would be fun. More biomes that would make for a good **** trip.

i am a big fan of the maze biomes. i hope they make a few diforant kinds.
a maze cave biome would be sweet.

1 Like

I would like to convey just color pallets.

so i guess soft.

8 Likes

@Tobelawe built several maze biomes in his big biome overhaul - we might see some in game in the (near?) future :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

5 Likes

Snow Biomesnow 1

snow 5

4 Likes

Jan-Mayen island

3 Likes

Nevado Sajama, Bolivia

2 Likes

17 Likes

I’d love to see a bubble biome at some point. Either one that is primarily solid rock, with large “bubbles” of empty space carved into them (enough for a few trees or a small lake) with the bubbles not being limited to above sea-level. If there are some connecting paths between bubbles then sweet, if not, still good enough.

Alternatively the exact opposite, mostly void down to lava but with “bubbles” of solid landmass dispersed randomly from the Base up. Again - if they link up or bridge it would be great, if they don’t we’d just grapple around them.

(sorry no pics)

Best approximate explanation - imagine the asteroid belt as a biome. Separate spheres (quite large, up to ?10x10 plots) floating, not necessary touching the ground/lava, floating in the sky.

Then also the exact opposite, solid rock with interspersed cavities large enough to hold trees and lakes / features.

In both, bridging optional / if able.

6 Likes

kinda like…

&

that would be interesting… watch your step when mining!

7 Likes

8 Likes

Exactly that! But the inverse too, would love a tree-in-a-bubble with just a drop of sunlight through the roof to build under

Kinda like this too?

It’s a beautiful biome :joy:

Oh, btw, this biome isn’t mine, its one of the ones the devs made (its on the GitHub, I take no credit!!)

8 Likes