Bitter Bean - Attempt #2

Topaz is really concentrated in certain areas…

Sapphire is a bit more spread out.

2 Likes

I’ve got an awesome sapphire planet that’s truly bright white . There’s quite a bit of fossils there but so much tech too it makes me think I lost a chunk of possible fossil %.

Weirdly it’s terrible for sapphire , which I put down to floating mountains

1 Like

Do you tend to find fossils low down on corrosive, I’ve always found the higher the better

1 Like

Yep, but it is a narrower range on a Corrosive to stay in the really good area with them - I try to stay right around 16, which is also lava surface alt which is good. That alt seems to give a lot of everything, but while amethyst might be better lower (I do dig holes down as I work along) then you seem to lose a bit more of the other stuff.

Hello friend, I am creating the largest farm planet possible, so far without luck, but my Sovereign Pixel II T5, is all bitter beans and bright mushrooms, take a look, I recommend 6.5km planet much more percentage in all resources , I sovering have a T4 full of resources, soon I will try again to create the perfect farm planet, I hope I have been of help, greetings

1 Like

Problem with it is unless they are in compact areas it won’t be much use. High % exos look good on paper but if there’s 2 beans in every chunk that’s very very thinly spread

good friend, if you collect between 1500 and 2000 beans in just one hour, it seems little to you

Nope at all. It was an observation that higher % isn’t always a gteed winner.

I personally go for for max bitter beans per chunk.

1 Like

Time for an experiment.

What would you use if trying to get fossils with amethyst or emerald…in terms of biomes

2 Likes

My most recent experiment, have only mapped a bit yet, was for this. I definitely think it is better to go Corrosive, as I’ve found for whatever reason you get more emerald on a Corrosive than amethyst on a Toxic, and especially as it is the amethyst areas that are going to have the good fossils. Emerald areas pretty bare of other stuff except on edge areas where they are overlapping into amethyst.

Getting a REAL good amethyst one is something I’m having trouble pinning down. It is easy to get some good areas, just take all the water you can, but then it tends to be strips along shorelines. Last experiment, I left out ocean (which gives a lot of emerald but is just deep empty water spot otherwise) and put a bit more land in. But nothing really big on land like Olympus - my idea was, to try to get larger bodies of shallower water. So far, I have seen two areas on it that are like that. So for this, any sea or lake ones that aren’t Ocean or have too many islands, and also a bunch of smaller land biomes, to keep lots of water, but not have too much deep water.

1 Like

… Just put in for another Corrosive experiment, if it works well I’ll post in the Builds thread. Idea this time was to take a whole bunch of biomes - try to make each smaller, and therefore, increase shoreline areas and keep water bodies from being too deep. It is strange that so far my first (IIRC) Corrosive is still my best amethyst attempt, Proserpina.

What environmental element did you pick? If you took chill, sapphires will be the primary so more dense. Otherwise the secondary gem wouldn’t be as plentiful.

If you did a shock world then the topaz would be more plentiful

Waiting oh waiting for that perfect bitter planet.

Z

1 Like

Yall need to stop focusing on the numbers and actually explore the planet when it rolls.

you can have a high % but the actuality is the spawns are everywhere and you burn up a grapple gathering one stack.

I have had low percentage planets with 3 or 4 spawns that were super concentrated and i have had high percentage planets that werent worth it because you couldnt get to anything easily.

3 Likes

Yeah, for bitter beans I’d much, much rather have one really large Maze area than anything else. Far easier to gather on them, and they are good hunting grounds too. :slight_smile: I think there is a lot of RNG there, but when I’m up to experimenting again, might try again with a Chill to see if I can maybe maximize Maze areas by sacrificing some of the larger areas I’d normally take on a chill. :thinking: The largest Maze area I generated so far was on a Toxic with a lot of water.

2 Likes

Definitely chill … considering that my goal was to max bitter beans I knew selecting Chill was the best option here. I was looking at the numbers on Boundless Info and it came out quite a bitter better than I expected.

It ranks high in Gold, Silver, and Iron also.

2 Likes

I look at the per chunk and the overall amount … this is exactly what you are stating as concentration for the most part.

2 Likes

I’m no @bucfanpaka (BTW I’m in Tampa and an avid Bucs Fan) …

But I do feel fairly confident on making a successful bitter bean planet. If you chose the exact biomes I did and maybe replace the Fort biome with something else that is flatter with less crevices might be produce a slightly better result than mine (even though there are bitters in the Fort biome). I am presently ECSTATIC about this planet though and plan to keep it.

1 Like

Strangely my 5% bitter bean 0.65% amethyst planet turned out to be damn awesome for amethyst and just meh for beans. I used the exact biomes you listed but the very very steep mountains that go from 40 to 229 altitude making farming them impractical

On the other hand there a 5 amethyst patches with zero lava , that contain 4 or 5 Easy to gather ss

2 Likes