Bitter Bean - Attempt #2

RNG planets at their best glad it turned out well for the Amethyst …

1 Like

Yeah, from what I can see, even though my last Corrosive attempt (Nal V, mentioned in the World Builds thread) had a lower count, I did get some good areas, the idea I used to get more shallow water and therefore larger spots did seem to work. Might open up a mine portal to there before too long.

… And may do that new Chill experiment before too long. :joy:

Experimenting with the Chills, last one, though the numbers aren’t great, accomplished sort of what I wanted, consolidating the sapphire and stardrops into big spots. Planet Bitterness, off Norkyna, if you want to visit. I think I’m actually going to do another, leaving off Snowy Redwoods and maybe Cube Field and taking even more water, to see if I can do even better on the Maze spots. :thinking:

5 Likes

Awesome, I’ll head over there soon.

1 Like

Awesome! :smiley: (I did just do a lot of bean harvesting, to warn, haha :wink: ) The spot in the first picture extends even further than I uncovered at the time I did that. Got a really ideal merge - Maze and Olympus, with part of Olympus being lower than normal because of the merge and probably all the water, so that it is at the right height for sapphires mostly and not a big ring.

I put in for the next one, took out Snowy Redwoods and Cube Field, added in Mouldy Sea at 7 but rather than go with Ocean at 5 (which might be TOO much water) tried Desert Canyon to see if that might merge in for more big sapphire spots. The Maze-Olympus merge seems to be the best here though, and I think adding in a lot of water increases the chance of a merge like that. Like I said, lower overall count, but much better I think to have huge spots like that. Hope this one drops on Alcyon, last got Norkyna, would like to get one like this at my hub!

2 Likes

@bucfanpaka holy sh… shoot…

2 Likes

Been meaning to add some screenshots…

1 Like

My last one didn’t turn out with spots as good as Bitterness, but did end up on Alcyon, so opened a portal to a spot, random name stayed, Ende, portal on upper tier. :smiley: On this one, just got too much elevation change working into the Maze areas, and smaller Maze areas. But the general idea does work, if someone is wanting both Bitter Beans and Sapphire, use a build to try to maximize Maze and hope for the best with how much you get and that it is fairly flat.

I might grab a TNT Norkyna portal for Bitterness, for that one massive area. :thinking:

Edit: Portal opened. :slight_smile: Might be the largest sapphire spot I created there too.

3 Likes

Time for a new sovereign… debating on what I want… lol

1 Like

As you all can see, my T6 hub pretty full at the moment, so not sure if I’ll do another T6 roll soon myself… :joy: So I’m thinking of putting a few new ones at the small T5 Serp hub - are any of you who read this using those though when up? If so, I’ll definitely roll a few more, but if not, will think about what I want to do next too. :thinking:

1 Like

Ok, got a couple new T5s up - the Corrosive has a pretty nice Maze area for Stardrops, have a portal open to it now in the Serp mine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

whats names …off serp?

1 Like

Yep, and portals in Paka’s Diamond Mine, which you can reach from TNT Serp. Current T5 experiments up, got a few weeks on them-

Phaya - Chill
Lorrakis I - Corrosive
Wrigalans - Burn

Wrigalans has a little more time on it as it was a really good ruby roll. :slight_smile:

I haven’t done any real recent ones but might soon. Issue I’m running into is, I’m basically playing now to feed my portals. The planets themselves aren’t a problem, but my play time has gone down and Oort prices are up. So I’m trying to keep all the Pakaverse portals going but can’t guarantee for how long. Might be good if using them to save spots to your lists if you see a portal you are using get down real low.

LOOK HERE @bucfanpaka what do I have to do to get you back to playing more?

Pie? Cake? Cookies? Snowcone? Bucs tickets? Lightning tix?

Sigh…there has to be something?

Need a builder? A farmer? A gatherer? Just someone to throw blocks at?

Come on …

1 Like

Haha, now that’s tempting! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: On a serious note, we’re thinking we’ll try to get to the Saints game on 12/19 if possible… football stadium would be an interesting place for a game meetup! :joy:

Or if you or any others near Tampa want to cart away some furniture… :laughing: (j/k! Sort of…) Husband on his way back now to continue dealing with all that, I’ll probably be back in July for a week or so.

But that aside, on the gaming front, just getting pulled into some other stuff at the moment, also, now that I’m seeing more on the horizon I’m anticipating, want to finish up a few in my backlog if possible before the summer is out. But never know, inspiration or the Boundless bug could hit again any time! :wink:

I let my last Diamond planet (Fakis Prime) expire to try another and it didn’t turn out near as good. Went with a fierce and mostly mountains and didn’t turn out near as good as I hoped. It’s about 8th and average on most everything else. Marking it a dud in my book… I’ll try another soon.

2 Likes

I just did a new Corrosive roll today, off Alcyon, I think it might replace Proserpina. Count isn’t as high on amethyst though I see a good spot or two for mines, but big thing, huge gleam spiral area, very long with a little narrow bridge separating two large areas… I like hunting on the Corrosives since the fast topaz bows are very effective. Also a very long Island Tree area. Forgotten Realms is the name, will open portals eventually here. I’ve still got my portals going for now, to update, but just not sure how long I can, so best to save spots to your list to be safe.

Also have a nice T3 up off Gyosha, Leprechaun II, I haven’t gotten to opening portals to it either yet, but it has some good flat areas for regular hunting, plus some great collecting areas for various stuff. Figured I might use it to get some more Oort.

1 Like

Do you have a really overall flat T6 @bucfanpaka I could use one of those for some organized hunts.

1 Like

Heartbreak, the Burn, is pretty flat since I set it up for rubies. But not the easiest to traverse because of plants and lava. The Toxic and the Corrosives are pretty flat but also tons of water so not good hunting.

I bought an extra code when I did my roll earlier, maybe I’ll try a hunting T6. :thinking: Temporary, but could be interesting experiment. Question is the type to use. Toxic might be good.

Edit, I think I’ll try another Corrosive, but with less water, see if I can do better on amethyst without so much ocean, more land. :thinking: I’ll post when it is up and open.

3 Likes

… Ok, Cala II open off Norkyna! Has some nice amethyst spots but as a hunting world, eh. Might need to try again sometime. RNG didn’t do well with the good biomes, and gave tons of bushy hills, I shouldn’t have taken that one. Not BAD though, worth a look.

I do have one portal open now to that other planet, at the hub. One option for T6 hunting too, go in the hunting ground and sapphire/stardrops portals there and run around a bit, cycle through them. I’ve had times just doing my roadrunner hunting on them that end up with a bunch of meteors pretty quickly.

1 Like