Bomb Mining Nerf, Not all Doom and Gloom

Thank you!

I’m curious how you navigate Alcyon and Cardass without points in grapple. I guess the extra energy allows you to swing the hammer a lot longer.

you dont need point in grapple ever

3 Likes

I am new player. Kinda. Bought game in 2014 but played for few h and decided it needs more polish :blush: I picked it up just before release. And it was love at first sight. So i started playing with all of players at headstart. I dont even own a stall, never bought anything from market. I play alone. I got all crafting stations with 24 adv. coils. I made 1st alt maybe 2 weeks ago. So please dont tell me there is some wall something that wont allow progress. If you ask me i would say it is still too easy. My first diamond coil was obtained with iron hammer. My first advanced coil with titanium hammer. I think it took me around 3-4 hours to get 80 diamonds. And no i dont like mindless grind. I am a builder. But things cannot be too easy. Otyerwise game will be boring. What happens if you make your dream building. There will be emptyness. Its always nice to have some goal in mind. It keeps us going.

My goal is to make a cool Town. It will take agess but then it will keep me here for long time allowing new updates refuel my desire to play. 1 month into game and i am more than happy with my progress.

1 Like

Alright, I pose this question mainly to the people saying “all is well, use your hammer”, but naturally anyone with an opinion is welcome to answer it (as if i needed to say that lol).

I’m a “freshy”, started with ps4 release. During that time i started bomb mining, and was loving it. I could get resources faster than i could spend it.
This is no longer the case. I am not even talking about gems here. Tbh i could live with how fast/slow gems come now, but what i cannot live with, is the fact that i spend titanium/gold/silver faster than i can produce it.
Even if i spend all my titanium hammers only looking for more titanium/gold/silver, i still little by little dip further and further into my stash of titanium, and eventually i will run out, being forced back on iron tools. Forget using those titanium hammers to look for gems, they will vanish even faster.
This is, imo, completely and utterly broken! Gems are gems, but titanium/gold/silver is ORE, and should NOT be this hard to come by. It’s bread and butter, and should be only slightly more rare than iron.

I see people, every day since the bomb nerf, on serpen, asking what they are doing wrong cause they can’t find titanium, and this is people actually looking in the right spots.

And don’t, please do not tell me the solution is AOE hammers, because when you first start needing titanium, and when you are trying to sustain the use of said titanium tools, you most likely cant make even basic 3x3 AOE hammers, let alone good ones.

I am an old Strip / branch miner from minecraft, so i know how to mine with a 1 block tool, and i know where to look as well, but i am burning through titanium hammers way faster than the titanium is coming in.

So please tell me, what mid game people are suppose to do to sustain the use of titanium tools, when all they have is 1, or at MOST a 3 block hit hammer.

Easy. Get titanium hammer get all mining skill (power, hammer, epic dmg). Go to tier 6 planet(cardass works for me best). Mountains are so huge there that looking for sapphires and topaz you will swim in titanium. And remember that t6 worlds with max luck skill give more ore out of seam. On side note when i think about it seams are bigger there too. Often titanium seam is made out of 4-7 blocks. Where on t5 its 1

Also durability epic helps tons. For more advanced players there is durability food too

Thank you for your reply, but i dont understand how that helps?
Firstly, going t6 instead of t5 will just making the 1 block hit hammers decay even faster.

On top of that sapphire and topaz both spawn in altitude 80+ and titanium needs 70+ blocks above you, so finding those together seems unlikely, or am i missing something?

Regardless, at this point im willing to try anything, so will definitely try your advice.
Finally, max luck, durability epic and all mining skills is a given, have had those throughout.

If you are willing to try anything, get some strength brews with you. Those really help you bash some rocks faster down while saving some durability of hammer :slight_smile:

With the mountains that contain saphs and topaz, you can usually start finding titanium near its base since they are so tall. You just need to go in about 10-15 blocks. There are also a decent amount of caves there.

Ha, well anything that actually furthers my progress instead of pushing it backwards, of course :slight_smile:
I’ve been looking into both xp food and durability food, sadly both are way too expensive where ive found them so far, and i dont have enough resources to make them my self yet.
Have not looked into str foods tho, so will do ty!

Theres titanium in the hills? Ive never found any even pre-bomb nerf, its always low alt

Alternately, you can go after it on the t6 ruby planet and just jump into the lava holes near the diamond hotspots. That’s where I get a lot of my titanium right now. I just jump in with two grapples and get down to the lava line and mine in.

Ty for your tip, will definitely try it out.

There is titanium. I digged yesterday at 130. Ok i had aoe hammer so it was faster. In about 2h i got 200topaz ore, 80 sapphire and around 500 titanium. Even a bit of hard coal too. It depends how much of land mass is above you. Mountains there reach even 200

2 Likes

Which planet? Damn thats a lot of gems. I didnt even make that prenerf lol

I did it on cardass

1 Like

I enjoyed bomb mining and I was liking it . It was exciting every time I made a new tunnel to throw a bomb. Then all the bombs I farmed for where made useless and it was no small amount of time spend farming to buy those bombs but I’m in love with hammer mining again I’m better off with a hammer. Just how I feel about after it all.

Yeah I still wish I could bomb mine, or even use bombs for hunting without blowing the world to tatters