Bomb Mining Nerf, Not all Doom and Gloom

Found his shop, hes only selling pies and fists lol

Yup, only pies. Iā€™m sorry if I missunderstood. Pies are the only thing I have bought since 1.0.

Do you know exactly how long a pie lasts?

Not sure how your keeping your hunger per up while on persisting pies. My energy drains like crazy and I start starving within 5 mins

Cooked prime meat. It restores 500 energy without messing with the buff.

Edit: it takes a lot of them lol.

Iā€™m not sure. 40 minutes maybe?

Pies should last an hour, loaves last 40mins.
Cooked meat replenished 500 stamina iirc, prime meat should be a bit more but the significance would depend on supply.

cooked meat is 400, prime meat 500

1 Like

:scream: damn 2yams keep confusing me. ā€œWhen youā€™re beat, eat a meat. For hunger pangs, take 2yamsā€.

Granny always had such good advice.
(Standard stamina only though)

2 Likes

The thing about this nerf is that it follows multiple other nerfs to game play that players had come up with. I feel like every time Iā€™m about to get in on the fun, in on the progression, the system gets nerfed. I struggled for weeks trying to find enough diamonds to power up my workbench because I hadnā€™t gotten into bomb mining. I finally collected enough titanium to make some bombs and managed to collect enough diamonds to do two bulk crafts, but not nearly enough for a mass. But I was on the verge of being able to finally jump in and start progressing. Then this nerf all but eliminates my chances, because now bomb mining is out of reach without somehow building a hammer that can aoe.

It just every patch since launch has taken me two steps back for every step I had finally clawed out. Meanwhile, thereā€™s a mass of players that already got to partake in weeks and weeks of collecting resources with bombs operating the way they did. This is straight up letting the rich get rich (I donā€™t necessarily mean this literally), and the rest of us getting hosed by the nerf. Thereā€™s mass group of people that have already benefited and the rest of us donā€™t get a chance.

This is the kind of change that hurts player progression and frustrates players that are struggling to advance. Specifically to bomb mining, this is even insult to injury in my case because I donā€™t even want or like to bomb mine - it was simply the ONLY way to gather gems and titanium at an acceptable rate. Iā€™ve stated before Iā€™d much rather go caving - dive deep into the earth through massive, unending cave networks - but the few caves that I do find that go deep enough donā€™t have any surface resources. Itā€™s either have fun exploring caves and get minimal rewards, or bore through rock with bombs which is boring but rewarding.

I dunno, this nerfā€¦ itā€™s justā€¦ Iā€™m super frustrated by it. Not because I wanted to make millions of coins off selling gems, but because I feel like I have no chance now to find enough gems to BUILD MY OWN stuff. After spending a couple hours post-199 trying to find gems and titanium, I came back with so little I just donā€™t even want to play anymore. Itā€™s demoralizing and frustrating, and why would I want to play a game that makes me sad?

3 Likes

It can still be done, depends if you think 40 gems in 1 hour is good enough.

This has been my main complaint. Instead of makinā€™ gem/ore findinā€™ fun, they put most of it in solid rock mountains that require strip mining, but thatā€™s horribly boring unless you can 1-shot the rocks fast, so people bomb mined instead.

Thatā€™s exactly it, CW. Itā€™s not fun staring at a wall of stone, digging out a hole, plopping in some bombs and HOPING you might get some gems. If thatā€™s what I have to do to get gems, so be it, but now itā€™s even worse since the resources are destroyedā€¦ thus having to make yet another step in progression to make a tool that can essentially do what that last bomb was doing to begin with. At least, thatā€™s what Iā€™m gathering from posts (bomb a few times, use a forged aoe hammer to clear the nearly broken blocks). Thatā€™s another step in progression that Iā€™m behind the eight ball on because I canā€™t get the gems/metal to power the forge not to mention the resources for forge ingredients. Chicken or the egg here? Iā€™m stuck either way! At least with the way the bomb mining worked before I could work my progression path.

Still, even 1 shoting stone while starting a a rock wall is probably even more boring!

Iā€™m confused as to why this even has to be a thing ā€¦ Minecraft already set a pattern for exploring caves and abandoned mineshafts for rare/valuable resources. Why canā€™t we just have something like that in Boundless?

I ask myself this every day as I try to log in to mine my own gems, only to realize iā€™ll have to strip mine because thereā€™s almost no other alternative, at which point I decide to spend my time elsewhere.

Mining, one of the biggest aspects of any Voxel Sandbox Survival game, is so unimaginably boring in this game I cannot understand why more emphasis wasnā€™t put on caves.

Cave system like pre-release universe was really good, it was kinda endless cave you could mine for hours.

But the only think that was happening is the more more time you were mining it, less and less ores was aorund the walls because they were respawning inside of it.

I would like to see that coming back. Cardass as some great cave system in the hills. probably the only one planet that can comes to my mind.

1 Like

This has started to happen on the T3 worlds after I started mostly visitinā€™ only caves.

Now that the ore is gone from the cave walls there, Iā€™m back to not wanting to ever mine.

Iā€™ve decided to stop mining completely, and hold onto my skill points, in case mining is ever actually made fun again, then Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll need to respec my character.

Iā€™d check that out, but I hate to commit my remaining skill points into grapple and agility, only for bomb mining to be made important again, and thereā€™s the other problem of spitters and cuttles that can 1-shot miners easilyā€¦

You can defend yourself with hammer now.

You mean like, miners should run up to cuttletrunks and hit them with hammers?

i have max control i can hit them or pull it with the grapple

2 Likes

Iā€™m curious what your minerā€™s skills are if you donā€™t mind takinā€™ the time to share.

https://boundlessskill.com/index?b=3MR5S24W2H23BT2C4574

1 Like