Boon 2 and 1 requiring SPITTER EYES?!?!

I’m going to just chime in here. This is a terrible idea. I know you want to give purpose to the defect compounds, but you should have left the boon compounds alone.

It’s basically taken the ingredient for people learning the forge, and made it impossible, for someone who is that level, to do. Forcing players into instable compounds makes it minimally 3x harder to get involved in forging, and it also kills the reward for learning an incredibly complicated process. This seems counterintuitive since you just added a tutorial for forging…

The real problem is that Unstable and Imperfect compounds are terrible. They need to be made better, instead of everything else worse. The amount of boon you get on these is pitiful compared to the drawbacks, and it takes far less defect and quirks to ruin a tool then the corresponding boon does to improve it. Go try it yourself. Throw these on a tool. It will be near unusable. The worst part is that you will always roll defects and quirks if you even use 1 of these things…

Furthermore, you are only doing more to beat down beginners. This has 0 effect on the millionaire forgers who were able to exploit the early access things like chisel lines / mines and bomb mining (not to mention prime footfall locations). They only used this to save a minor amount of coin in a very rare circumstances. Gah… the amount that these changes and up screwing beginners is so frustrating.

10 Likes

It’s good they did this, people were flooding the market with everything, about time to slow it down

Honestly a few days ago I had like 10-20k coin at the very most , I easily have over 600k right now and I’m at work 45 hours a week, I’ve been playing for at least a month. This is a good fix.

6 Likes

I just checked my stock of eyes, I have 10 spitter eyes …10 and I killed a ton of them. I think I’m done with forging tbh. It was bad enough before with the RNG risk despite having a dedicated forger. Meh. Time for a long break from Boundless.

10 Likes

I started centraforging last night…glad I did as I got a bunch of pure boon before this. I hate these nerfs tbh, but I can see how it was pretty easy to acquire everything. Idk.

Edit: but now I don’t HAVE to hunt roadrunners for unstable… Thank heavens lol no one sells Adrenal Glands where I’m at

1 Like

So im no economics expert, but by making forged items “harder” to make wont that drive prices up. Flooding the market drops prices so if you were worried about people making too much money now they’ll be making more when prices increase.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a flood of low end forge tools on the market. Conversely, what I see is people (usually early access players) charging other folks exorbitant pricing for the top 2% of tools, and 0 low end forge shops.

Why does this result? Because it is not economically viable already to sell low end forged equipment?

I just checked. Over about 40 hours with lots of spitter killing, and I’ve got … 2 spitter eyes. I’d give the exact ratio, but they just reset the feats to for some reason.

6 Likes

Hmmmm time for some more research ‘puts on labcoat and eyeglasses’.
I was constantly dropping eyes as they were not useful before this patch, it was rarely I brought any home with me. I could use the space in my inventory for something more useful like a another stack of rock :grin:

Thanks for another nerf! :heart:

I think i have 7 spitter eyes so I’m good to go.

2 Likes

They could have used a million other useless ingredients too. Off the top of my head…

Vital Orbs…
Shadow Orbs…
Sponge…

Lot’s of options. I’m assuming they actually meant, from the patch notes “slightly harder to obtain”.

2 Likes

It already took a ton of shimmering orbs for stuff. Now this. :frowning:

3 Likes

I saw a second use for vital orbs last night, but I can’t remember what it was, now. I know revive augments was the main one. I think the other thing was forge ingredient, but I’m not sure anymore…

Reviver brew and invigoration paste 1 and 2

Yes! Invigoration paste!

Maybe they drop on Tier 99 worlds but if not spitter eye drop needs adjusted because they’re rare as chicken fingers.

1 Like

I have ~90 in my shop. nice to know this. increased prices by 4x.

2 Likes

I basically never get spitter eyes on the t3 worlds where I hunt.

So it begins lol. Let me go respec an alt to hunter and profit from it as well at least

2 Likes

Out of interest, Since I’m working towards opening a forged goods shop. What would you consider low end?

Like, cheaper tools? Or less boons?

Personally I think a lot of people overcharge quite a silly amount for the amount of effort it takes to forge the basics.

But I can see why the ‘god tier’ ones fetch so much, since they are comparatively extremely rare.

1 Like

Iron tools with 1x3 and other low level boons, +2m attraction range, level 1 glow etc

Low end market: Iron or even Titanium 1x3, 2x2s hammers. 1x3 Iron / Copper shovels. Ease -10 iron / Attraction axes.

1 Like