Boon 2 and 1 requiring SPITTER EYES?!?!

The ironic thing is the more I look at these changes, the more I just want to go farm shimmering orbs. I think the reality of it is it will be easier and less expensive to use Boon 3 than it is for Boon 2 and 1.

1 Like

Would you want those tools to have the respective damage increase to mitigate/eliminate the damage reduction from the aoe boon?

Not necessary. The key to making cheap tools is to stick to the same gum category. With the right spec, the power overcomes the need for damage. Usually people want to use these for gathering low end blocks like rock, sand, dirt, peat, wood, ect.

1 Like

OK and what kind of premium over an unforged tool would you be prepared to pay for such an item?

On average, it costs about 800-1200 boon points to make.

That means:

12 boon 1
6 boon 2
or 3 boon 3

In light of these crazy changes I have no idea what that will cost now, but if I think of likely scenarios:

1. Everyone skips boon 1 and 2. spitter eyes are not available in enough quantity. Use shimmering orbs.
  2. Spitter eyes shoot up to about 600 coin or so and we still keep using them

I’m guessing this means a low end tool will go from costing about 600 coin premium to about 2k-3k premium over the raw tool. You’ll also see a shift of who crafts them from the average casual player to the elite stores, since in a month or 2 they will absolutely dominate the request basket market.

3 Likes

I’d expect to see low end go much higher now 2k - 3k for maybe one boon, more for multiple. Lets see what happens.

I’m just trying to gauge what people would consider reasonable. I want to open a forge shop because, out of what the game has to offer I actually really enjoy forging.

So If I can price in a way that allows me enough coin to buy in required materials, and make a small profit for my time, that works for me.

So far I was thinking 200 for basic iron tools, 1K for a basic forged one, 2K for basic titanium, 3K for basic forged, 10K for basic gem tools, 15K-30K sliding scale based on the outcome, with maybe a higher tier for the really epic/legendary results (like, 3x3 +500dmg +30 action speed)

The gem tools obviously scale a bit given the associated risk with failures and material costs to begin with, It’s not a significant waste of materials to throw away crappy iron and titanium forge failures.

I was also planing to have a forging failure bin, with a bit of a discount over the other counterparts, so gem hammers would sell off for 11-12K if they get undesireable boons (like random AOE or no AOE)

1 Like

The one thing to keep in mind is that you will never spend 800 boon and get an amazing result.
Likewise there are times when you’d have to spend 4000 boon to get a mediocre result.

You’re intuition is correct. If my first boon on an iron or copper tool is incorrect, I just toss it. The tool is cheap enough not to care about.

I see in the perfect low end shop:

2k iron 1x3, and 2x1 hammers / shovels
2k iron ease axes
6k titanium 2x1, cross tools

Probably not possible anymore. I think if I did it with boon 3, it still may be possible, but I have to run the numbers.

It’s not that hard to get spitter eyes. This is an overreaction.

4 Likes

Gotta find higher level spitters, though, right?

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain I was well into the 5k spitter feat, impossible to know, since they reset the feats. I have 2 eyes.

You need 18 to enchant 10 low end items.

On the other hand:

You need aproximately 18 shimmering orbs to enchant 30 low end items of the same quality.

Shimmering orbs, are readily available (a little expensive due to every recipe needing them) They only appear more rare, but I can still get a full stack of them in approximately 2-3 hours of farming.

1 Like

And hope spitter eye is what drops. Even fighting elite spitters and those a stage down, spitter eyes do not drop in any great quantity. I hunt as much as I mine. Which is a lot. I really enjoy the gathering aspect of this game. Burnt on the shop aspect given my history with stands. Can’t build for bleh because I’m extremely uncreative so I live in block warehouses lol.

Spitter eyes will quite likely be getting sold now for 600-800. I’ve already seen one shop update this morning accordingly. The effort to get the eyes is not going to be the same as the level of forge mats they are being used at. As the argument is being made quite well, the logical solution going forward is to just double down on shimmering farming.

1 Like

I just opened a low end forge shop! It is in the Mega Mall on the 3rd floor of Biitula Consortium shopping hub!

1 Like

Maybe they could adjust it so that spitter eyes actually drop…? And by that I mean ACTUALLY drop… to include Tier 1-3 planets.

But it isn’t all rainclouds, I’m gonna go farm/sell some spitter eyes until they fix it… or until they don’t.

2 Likes

Na other way around, everything was way too easily obtainable, everyone was going to hit end game in no time and there wouldn’t be any new goals to obtain.

2 Likes

I don’t have too many spitter eyes lying around either. I was just getting into forging, but I think I’m going to back off for now and just use regular hammers. I’m glad this change came out before I spent time making energy coils for my forge.

1 Like

Just started playing with the forge myself. Finding this to be a major deterrent for a lower progression player.

I just got discouraged by the Iron to Titanium tool grind. Was happy to play with forging to bridge the gap. Poof! There goes my fun with this…

That’s ANOTHER wall keeping me from endgame… Good points Manabanana.

5 Likes

After widlstock eyes, spitter eyes are the most abundant so i dont see why this is a problem. Go hunt on a t4 world or higher and you will get a good amount. I get around 30 to 40 eyes per run with no luck skill.

1 Like

Same. Tired of getting punished by the devs in this game. Was looking forward to bomb mining, but I’m a filthy casual and missed those days. Was looking forward to forging, but now that’s gonna be on the backburner. I do enjoy the game, have made some really awesome discoveries along the way but these nerfs make me :frowning:

4 Likes

One does not simply go to high tier worlds…

3 Likes