Boon 2 and 1 requiring SPITTER EYES?!?!

Omg, I had just crafted bombs to start mining when they made that change. I feel you man.

1 Like

I should probably specify, i mean t4 worlds

I went on a couple hunts, and made at least a dozen eyes. EDIT: major correction, lots of other eyes, Spitter eyes= 2.

I have 608 eyes. Tbh i’m not sure how, I regularly hunt but I didn’t realise I did it THAT much :man_shrugging:
Maybe a sabbatical from game is in order

2 Likes

In this thread are we talking about Pure Boon Compounds or is this about Imperfect Boon and Imperfect Quirk compounds?

I am just curious cause it does sound like this is about Imperfect Boon Compound recipes.

Yeah we’re talking about Pure Boon compounds and their new requirement for 18 spitter eyes per mass craft.

Sounds like you just became rich :smile:

1 Like

Read the patch 200 notes about that. Looks like they want the forging process to have some sort of progression to it as well.

I am oddly okay with this. If need Spitter Eyes, I’ll just buy em.

However, I do understand the frustration to crafting recipes to people.

Oh well… I’ll adapt I guess? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s RNG. I have max luck and spend almost all my time gathering on t4-5. I’ve killed a lot of spitters.

There are 2 categories of people:

Wealthy / High level players (lvl 50). For them you just buy everything and are using Boon 3. You never touch 1 or 2.

Medium - Medium low players trying to learn forging. They would use boon 1 and boon 2. I doubt we want to say, screw these guys, let them eat cake. The answer isn’t well just have the poor low level guys go kill elite / mighty stuff they can’t kill.

If the developers want to make the forge endgame ONLY then they need to say it. They also need to realize that if they did this, they might as well just erase any of the level 1 and level 2 compounds, pastes and such, because endgame players don’t use these anyway.

2 Likes

IMO
If they want forging to be ONLY endgame then they need to make the power grind/ titanium tool crafting easier to obtain. Too many walls keeping me from endgame already.

1 Like

hey people… im not crying about some changes that were made in the material cost. im ok with that. But why the hell did u even change the recipes that are already queued in the workbench? what do i gonna do with all those pure boon compounds? i wanted some stacks of unstable compounds and now i sit there with half a smart stack of pure boon compounds and had to wonder if i crafted those by mistake >.<

Currently have 300 spitter eyes for sale in Zwergenschubser on Antar VI
Lamblis PS hub, Tomirs Zwergrnhause

Get them before we are out!

1 Like

The developers want to stop players from “hitting end game”? what is end game? Once people reach level 50, they are done and quit the game? So as soon as your workshop has all the power coils it needs, you are done playing? The implication in this statement is that there is a point where people do not want to play any longer as they have reached some point. Is that what you believe?

How does this fit with the fact that people have thousands of hours in the game including EA and hundreds in the game since release.

2 Likes

I really cant understand the devs. We are such a niche game / community and the time comitment asked of us to play this game is just growing and growing with 0 payoff. For who is this game? the retired no life no family / friend guy? a casual will never touch this game and just play minecraft. I got 600+ hours into this game since server wipe and will take a break. Maple Story 2 looks like fun.

6 Likes

end game is the steady state, the status quo, where no action alone reveals any more intrinsic game content. It is the final games state but not the end of the game in a narrow sense

No one forces people to participate in every aspect of the game, no one gives a time limit at when u should reach the end game, no one ever set the limits of or game or defines when it is finished.

After reaching the end game other player “become” the content of the game as it is predicated by mmos

1 Like

Since high end forging now makes more sense than low levels, if the pattern and historical trends continue (and high end forging is “easier”) you can reasonably expect the high end to get nerfed as well.

I love this game.

2 Likes

Not to mention that high end forging is and will increasingly be both easier, more efficient, and less costly.

3 Likes

This is what I don’t get.

You get 18 spitter eyes to mass craft 100 pure boon compound.

IMO, that’s not really that bad. I don’t see the big deal. :man_shrugging:

Even if you’re buying those 18 spitter eyes for something like 110c each from a request basket (10c cause of taxes), that’s something like 20c cost (rounded up) added to the making of each of those pure boon compounds. That’s pretty cheap IMO. That isn’t including any sort of mark up if you plan on selling them and assuming you aren’t buying any other raw materials to make the item.

I guess not everyone uses request baskets but there really isn’t any point in using every option available to get what you need in the game to progress further up.

Even the outrage to ash and mud being added to brick recipes is a little silly IMO.

Things get easier the more you progress in acquiring more wealth in block and resource assets along with more coin. You’re just able to get more stuff done in a shorter amount of time and more stuff.

I would be more upset if the pure boons would start to require like 360 spitter eyes per mass craft and the amount you get was cut in half. Good thing stuff like that isn’t happening.

Just some more of my thoughts.

2 Likes

Player base is increasing is what your claiming.

No I am not, so please do not attribute statements to me that I have not made.

I think the player base is decreasing. I think the steam charts show smaller peaks than after game launch. I do not know if this is typical after a game launch or not.

But that does not answer the questions I asked you.