Boon 2 and 1 requiring SPITTER EYES?!?!

Request baskets only work if you’re in a heavy footfall area. Or you need to pay for portals to have people coming to you which adds in to your overhead.

Really the way you frame your points are from an entitled/veteran state and do not take account what it really takes for a newer player, which is where these materials would be ideally used at as the forge recipes are lower end.

As it stands the only other recourse is buy them since request basket is only viable in those higher footfall areas. So now you have the option to buy 18 to mass craft 100. Prices before were around 200 for spitter eyes. If history proves out and prices scale as others in the past we can anticipate 600-800 spitter eyes. Let’s go with a 600 base. That means 10800 out the door for those mats. 10800 for a recipe that yields low returns when actively used.

That is based on a total random forging process where your forged item may yield terrible results and not sale or be sold at a marginal gain at best.

If there was a recycle option for forging where items turned out poorly, maybe that would take some of the sting out.

This nerf does not affect me at all. but the trend with every patch is to add more grind. I am at the point where i ask my self. what will they nerf next. what will i have to add to my work load next. If this is where we are heading then i really dont want to play this game anymore as I have not signed up for a second job.

If they want to force us into a group play experience then how about a worth a damn chat / guild system.

5 Likes

before the change in mats it was barely viable to use pure boon compound alone. u always used some and then continued with unstable or whatever. after the change u do the same and ur good. if u havent done it that way u failed, before and after the change.

You don’t need a request basket in a high footfall area to get people there. That’s why you advertise you have a request basket there. To inform people that it exists and how to get to the request basket. Footfall coin has nothing to do with driving traffic to a shop stand or request basket.

The whole portal thing I can agree with but there are meteor hunts that are held by multiple groups. I just think that those groups don’t advertise them as often as they could. Great way to get Rough Oort. Perhaps asking the Portal Seeker folks or Ultima Hub folks to see when their meteor hunts are held might solve or assist in acquiring spitter eyes and other creature drops.

I don’t try and frame any point I make to sound like some entitled veteran player. It’s not my fault you or anyone else is perceiving that. But it really isn’t my intention to come off entitled.

Frankly, even before this change, all of the eyes need to drop way more often. In addition, most of the beginner and intermediate recipes for alot of things need a revamp. Adrenal glands for a low end drek item is asinine and counter productive and don’t you dare just move the req over to draining boon, its already costly enough.

2 Likes

Cryptic, eyes were not selling at 10 per unit. We understand how the basic operations of the game (like request baskets work) and yes, we also know about meteor events.

None of these are in question. We are discussing the topic at hand. They added ingredients that in the current system make it far harder to craft boon 1 and boon 2, than it is to craft boon 3. This disproportionately affects low-mid and mid tier players, like us who are very familiar with the game and beginning to forge.

I’m not saying you are or aren’t, not taking in to account the view/progression of the new/mid tier player is a big problem on this forum. I could care less how anyone really feels about whatever. The playerbase Skipping an entire section of a designed system is a development issue.

The only reason I make any post here is because the game has a good bone/structure and potentially great systems and they are, imo, being poorly utilized or just out and out not taking certain player bases in to account and maybe that’s because of how low the population is with the game. I have not seen the online player base grow since I started a month ago on PS4. If anything the average has slowly trended downward. Maybe the api that has been shared isn’t valid? If so it’s be cool to know what population numbers really are.

3 Likes

This. We can argue back and forth forever if there is a wall or not, if drops are too rare or not, or if the current system is “doable” (however you want to define that). But when you have systems in place where the correct progression path is to skip to the end, or skip a few large steps in the middle, there is a problem with the system. If the system “works” as is, then those middle steps should just be taken out for better content, if not, then those middle steps need to be looked at and made relevant.

1 Like

My true issue is Spitter Eyes don’t drop on Tier 3 or lower worlds, otherwise I wouldn’t call it much of a nerf.

1 Like

Well when it comes to changing any crafting recipe there should be other pieces of data to look at first. I don’t know if the devs do look at drop rate of items, changing what drops what, or the amount of the item being dropped. Even the output of what is being crafted should be looked at. Although Pure Boon mass crafts are all 100, the amount of boon points the compounds reward could have been looked at.

But I rather see small changes here and there done instead of large massive balance changes made that flips the entire game on its side.

For a common ingredient like Spitter Eyes, if it isn’t dropping that well from level 3, 4, and 5 Spitters, then that needs to be tweaked. After all, common ingredients should be commonly obtainable. Right?

2 Likes

The issue you are bringing up is a completely different one of how poorly the forging system is explained. The new objectives are supposed to help but I haven’t noticed anything in it yet that was very intuitive. Perhaps it will be fleshed out more.

The way this game is designed, unless you do a lot of homework, you’ll only learn via trial and error. Maybe a small playerbase likes that. This game will never be wildly successful if that is the intended process . I personally hate that. I play on PS4. I post on the forums via mobile. I have 4 household PCs and my kids generally have them utilized. Never mind the fact when I sit to play the game I don’t feel like doing a log of homework should be required.

But again, none of how I feel about it really matters. I’m past that hump. I do however understand where those players complaining are coming from though, because a few weeks ago I was there as well.

3 Likes

yea sry that the devs forgot about the players who want to remember a 1k page manual before starting to play. totally forgot about those player. hey devs u really let those players down :<

I’ll reserve most judgment until I get a chance to play tonight, but at an initial glance I’m OK with these changes. There should be some risk and progression to early forging, which is what they are hoping by making the compounds that add quirk and defect points cheaper. It also means the counter compounds aren’t useless (though it does add more strategy to forging)

It would be nice if spitter eyes dropped more though, as it is it’s still easier/faster for me to get shimmering orbs.

2 Likes

This entirely depends on what your personal end game is. Given how long everything takes it’ll be a long time before I can even gather enough resources to build what I want. If just fighting mobs at cap is your goal, yes you’ll be there quickly, but this isn’t an FPS and that’s not my end game.

3 Likes

End game is 2 situations:

The player base is so frustrated by the increase in pointless grind added to building, crafting and selling that they leave. I’d argue this is far more likely to occur due to: confusion on how things work… things taking far longer than they used to… bugs… and game requiring too much time to do simple tasks.

Besides this, the second category: players that have so much stuff that they either run a shop, play the prestige system or help other players avoid the first point.

2 Likes

i dont see any pointless grind added… just minor recipe changes of material that is anyway available like sand on a beach

1 Like

Why?!

To annoy people into not going back? Punishment makes the heart grow fonder? Peeing away difficult drops on something that gives you a terrible “boon” you didn’t want and you can’t change needed more of the kick-in-the-teeth about it?

2 Likes

Every time someone feeds back that more effort is not welcome, you insinuate they are stupid, doing it wrong or that the resource is plentiful “like sand on a beach”. You are wrong. You are assuming everyone can/does play like you do. They do not.

5 Likes

everyone has the same opportunities than me and starts the same way: naked and lvl 1?

Also not correct.

3 Likes