Boon 2 and 1 requiring SPITTER EYES?!?!

Spitter eyes drop from strong, mighty, and elite. If all you’re fighting is regular and stout you’ll never get any. Fight the correct level mobs.

3 Likes

ok then low lvl boon isnt easy for low lvl players and players with lvl 50 and titanium gear no need forged with low lvl boons and farm better resource .then its this nerf total kill all and thunderstruck can delete this boon from game.who lvl 50 use only lvl 1 boons hahahahha 100 points only its super vaste time and useless.

I’ll disagree with you there. Pure boon 1 is far from useless. Early on forging you are shooting for things like level 1 aoe (1x3) or level 2 aoe (2x1) and it doesn’t take much boon points to get either. Easily doable with pure boon 1s. Having a 1x3 or 2x1 hammer, shovel, or axe (2x1 is great) speeds up your material harvesting.

My level 30 miner/gatherer uses 1x3 iron hammers for gathering rock and 2x1 iron axes and shovels for gathering sap and peat. If I was using boon 2 or 3 I’d be over shooting the aoe boon level way to often.

1 Like

I think this is at the core of new people’s complaints.
You made pure boon 1 instead of the ingredients that add defects and quirks.

If you were early on NOW, say level 20 something, would you make and use the unstable defect and quirk ingredients instead?
Or would you rather Die and go to T5 worlds trying to get 18 spitter eyes?
Or would you shun early on forging altogether?

Sounds like a poll question.

I’m also curious, has ANYONE EVER made and used the ingredients that add defects and quirks?
If so, please tell us how that worked out and did you really like the gear you forged with defects and quirks?

I made a 3x3 aoe topaz hammer with an energy defect that still was great. And for multitools where you use the item as a passive offhand tool defects don’t really affect their functionality.

However if I got the decreased durability defect on a 3x3 I would be pretty annoyed.

As a reminder, these are ingredients that people would use before gems. If you have gems or made a gem hammer, you are well past the target audience, as you need at least 8 coils to do so (maybe more). This means you’ve found at least 1000’s of raw gems (or at least bought that many, or the coils themselves). In that case you could have just bought 1 3x3 hammer and you would be set for life.

Silence from devs leave us with no idea what they think or who it should be available for, other than they think spitter eyes are “common” for people crafting this… they are clearly not. What that meant is people who were like me, who were in the early 30s, were able to reliably craft 1x3 iron shovels and things like that, then we logged in a couple hours later and can’t forge them anymore. Suddenly all the ingredients required being a hunter with access to t5 worlds (I guess… although I was on t5 and killed a bunch of crap, and I still have only ever found 3 eyes).

My reply was directly to the person saying pure boon one was useless and should be removed. I’ll be messing with the unstable and imperfect in the next couple days to see how they are.

Where can I find a list of quirks and defects?

PS- I’m kinda chuckling at this thread because if people think Level 3 forging is end game or too difficult, then they’re in for a rude awakening with level 4 and 5.

Yeah you’re right, I wasn’t thinking about the level 1 compounds. I used the level 3 to get those results.

However it doesn’t change that I do craft with the compounds that can add defects, which they asked if anyone did. I think each compound has its use.

I used a couple of imperfect boon 1s during my last set of forging efforts. Once I got a damage reduction that was canceled out by a damage boon, and the other 4 times I was lucky and got nothing at all. I can’t imagine using nothing but imperfect boons though. Maybe I just don’t understand how it’s supposed to work, or maybe I don’t have enough efficiency to make it worth it shrug

Those people aren’t still going to be playing when the later tier stuff comes out, or at the very least they will have given up on that aspect of the game.

Also, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone saying T3 forging is too hard, it’s people saying they can’t break into T1, and that this change makes it so that the costs of making T1, T2, and T3 ingredients are basically the same because they are all gated by the same number of spitter eyes. While I dislike the direction of changes as it feels like the devs are pulling up the ladder on newer player I can understand their decision from the balance perspective were it not for that.

like i wrote several times in the forum already: the best results u get from using pure boon first because no quirk and defect is ticking… then use mainly unstable boon compound because most quirks dont ruin this item. also u need really many quirk hits because normally a quirk doesnt fill up at once and at the next hit it will flow into the next unfinished quirk. with the right mix of boon compounds u can keep the chance fairly low that u get quirks or defects and even get much more boon than with pure boon compounds only. Important thing is: u can regulate and balance the risk for quirk and defects with increased higher boons

With this method u need only a few pure boon compounds anyway. using pure boon compounds alone is pure stupidity: i would always at least at the end of the forging process put some unstable and defect compounds in because the chance is so low to get some defects.

start using iron because the effectiveness is nice and it doesnt matter if u lose some items to defect. because iron is still fairly good, forged iron tools are the best bridge over to titanium

forging is not for the earliest early game … u can start forging at the time when u hit the gem wall and the material cost reflect that. it used always a variety of material types and that hasnt changed yet. it was always meant to be started after reaching t4+ (for example u need reactive lamella which i havent encountered on lower lvl worlds), and also the amount of materials to collect for this is easy at that tier

1 Like

While I broadly agree with your post and points, you can get these on T4 worlds where Strong Spitters spawn, albeit fairly rarely. It’s a good degree safer with smart play to hunt there and so is accessible quite a bit earlier. Unless you get a pack of buffed Strong Cuttletrunks you can get by okay there with fewer levels and less atmospheric protection required. Hopefully that helps you get access to Spitter Eyes a bit sooner.

so much lies wrote… for all ur coils and advanced coils and additionally ur first gem tools u dont need much more than to mass craft compacted diamonds once which costs 360 raw diamonds. And its not only about the gem tool its about the ability to craft them and other stuff and advance ur progress crafting wise. a 3x3 hammer is way less worth than that. And a hunter who can hunt in t5 worlds is created and raised to the lvl in less than one day… wanna cry more about trivial stuff?

You need 2 types of coils. Also, you just agreed with me. I also said that you can easily buy an end game 3x3 hammer instead, easily allowing you to bypass the mid game, which is only encouraged by the nonsensically time consuming recipes found there.

Anyway, I’d rather not get into it much. I don’t feel like I can have a productive conversation with you. Your recent posting history shows that you are just playing devils advocate to the OP on the vast majority of threads, often taking one side on one thread, and the other on the next. I don’t have time to entertain contrarians.

I welcome anyone else who is interested in productive conversation.

u cant bypass the gem search with a single 3x3 gem hammer, and yes im talking of advanced and ur first standard coils, read closer lol

it looks like u are not able to engage in an productive conversation cause all u did so far is claiming nonsense. and maybe prove ur preposterous claims of me contradicting myself? one instance pls, u know how to quote do u? and btw do u know what playing devils advocate means? i stand firmly behind my comments and only because the opinion doesnt fit into ur simple-minded narrative its a lie to accuse me of advocating other than my own beliefs… again where is the proof???

Eh…There are some things i’m very good at but I don’t mind admitting that forging is as confusing to me as the Riemann Hypothesis. I’ve tried I really have and despite the videos, messing with recipes and reading the tooltips 100 times i’m as clueless as the first day I started.
I got to grips with basic Polish faster than I progressed in forging.
Sigh, i just suck

3 Likes

u just never did low tier forging. when u have all the stuff that unlocks with power available when u first time forge then u get overwhelmed by choice
i can help u if u want, start asking questions

1 Like

yep but why use this boon when spitters eye now drop only strong and mighty spitters why i create low end tools when spitters eye is now high end and normal low lvl players cant farm it and lvl 50 ppls needs hunters to farm spitters eye i hut spitters on t6 planets after 2 hours i have 50 mighty strong spitters down and only 3 eye this is really total fail spitter eye COMMON crafting i think NO its ultra rare.and spend to many times to farm hard mobs and have eye to 3 boon lvl 1 ??? hahahaha really no and no its total unfair and stupid.and 100 point in forge is very low when u havent luck u use 20 rounds and havent boon complet. and 20 eye u must farm how long 10 hours in game??? on t6 planets? on t4 strong spitters drop 0 eye

1 Like

I don’t really have a lot to say about this topic but I will throw my thoughts out there.

I think this nerf could have been handled a different way…Example: say they nerfed the pure boon compound with the spitters eyes but add a new boon compound that requires only the compound base and vital essence for say 50 or 75 boon points. This would allow for mid game players a chance to forge tier 1 tools and add a little bit of a curve to late game players. I don’t really see a point in end gamers forging iron tools as you are already way past that (Gems).

EDIT: Deleted this part of my comment…it was irrelevant to the topic at hand here and probably should go in another thread :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like