Boon 2 and 1 requiring SPITTER EYES?!?!

I wasnt saying anything angrily, ill vlarify what im sayin later

Then accept the drawbacks, which should’ve been how it was from the start. The compounds that give quirk/defect should’ve been the cheapest to craft.

People act like having a minor quirk or defect completely destroys an items usefulness, which isn’t true.

2 Likes

I understand that this is purely anecdotal, but I have never seen any items with defects or quirks on them for sale. Now, maybe this is because they were harder to make, I am willing to concede that, but you mean to tell me that no one was using them before this despite them giving more boon points to comparable pure boon? I find that hard to believe, which tells me they are under tuned, or at least perceived to be that way.

Further, doesn’t it seem wrong to you that the progression is “Make bad tools with defects” -> “Make great tools with no defects?” Once you get boon 3 and the things that are already gated by power, the drawbacks don’t matter. If you are only crafting with lower tier crafting stuff, you are already at lesser efficiency because of lower tier ingredients, you don’t also need to double-dip on that by making lower tier tools also have drawbacks. The drawback to making a 1x3 iron hammer is that you couldn’t make it 3x3/couldn’t get a 2nd boon.

When I looked at the forge the first time, I interpreted the way the recipes were gated along with the presence of quirks and defects as thus; With pure boon compound as the baseline you can make okay gear. If you use the corresponding imperfect compound you get to gamble on getting better than baseline buffs while accepting the gamble that you may also make the item worse. And the higher tier items can be used to mitigate those risks. If the baseline is the imperfect, then the devs are saying “If you do low level crafting we expect it to have defects” which feels bad for one, but I’m not convinced it’s balanced around the way the machine currently progresses, for another.

1 Like

ding ding ding ding ding!

Any system which produces [item] which I can only use at day/night can do one.

Shameless plug, but Adrenal Glands are not only sold in my shop on Minorengle (The Baleful Maw in Sanguine Boughs), but you can find them decently commonly in shops connected to the Portal Seekers hubs.

IIRC they also gave far more boon points which is probably how most people understood the balance of them to be. You know, after all this time in the game.

Exactly that. The other compounds gave double the boon for half the drawbacks and even still no one wants to use them. That’s what balanced them. Plus any old road runner, even a level 1, will drop up to 3 adrenal glands. There is no comparing that to spitters eyes.

Agree, shows just how out of touch the devs are with the game, making things extra hard is not going to keep people playing it is going to run people off and the game is going to go bye bye…come on devs get a CLUE!

It is a complete waste that is my whole point. You are better off without it.

Who would buy them? I’m not wasting that kind of money on a flawed tool. Unless you drop the price of flawed titanium hammers below the price of plain titanium hammers, who would buy them…and who would sell them for that little?

That’s kind of my point, or at least running parallel to it. Obviously, a defective hammer should sell for less than a well forged one, but if the presence of a single defect/quirk makes the whole thing worthless, there is a balance issue, or at best a perception issue.

Edit: If God Tier Ruby hammers sell for like 30k, or whatever the rate is now, there should be a market for similar hammers at a discount with some defects/quirks on them. If the cost/rarity of the ingredients makes those defective items worth too little for the forger to get their investment back, that is also a problem.

1 Like

Here’s the question… are you going to buy a shovel with defects or are you going to buy 15 normal shovels for the same price?

I think we both know what the answer is.

1 Like

It depends on how well it’s crafted aside from that and the price point. Yeah, I would buy a 3x3 Hammer with Max Damage Boon that also had a defect or two, provided that the price was reduced proportionate to the defects. Same with shovels or axes. The issue seems to be that there is just no margin there for the crafters to make those sorts of items (at the top end. In the middle are all the other issues related to mid-game forging, obviously).

1 Like

And as far as I’m concerned, tools with defects are less valuable than unforged ones.

1 Like

Given the quirks & defects I’ve encountered so far made me throw the items away, I am 100% certain I would never buy one. It’s more annoyance in an annoying crafting process and the results can be more useless than base tools. So I just skip the bad compounds, or more likely now all of it.

It seems like most mid-upper tier people are using draining compounds offset by vigour catalysts which doesn’t give any quirk or defect points. I have seen some shops with a few forged items that had defects, and I know when I ran out of draining compounds I tried using other compounds and got an energy defect, which was annoying but the item otherwise was perfectly usable. So far I only forge for myself though.

My proposal on the patch announcement was to double the boon points given by pure boon compounds, and either adjust another set of recipes or add some new ones that gave the old boon values of the pure compounds but added some quirk and defect points, but which didn’t have a creature drop in its ingredient list. I think this would be a good balance for players new to forging to get into it.

1 Like

I just ran around on a t5 world and without even doing a meteor I got 25 spitter eyes in a little less than 20 minutes. Strong spitters and above will drop them.

1 Like

Honestly, I’m so sick and tired of them reworking recipies, and only the new and low tiered players being punished for it, that I say that every time a Recipie gets changed, they should wipe all those items, and the items to make it, from everyone’s storage, machines, shops, and inventories. To force everyone, new, old, low and high tier players to have to refarm for the items and remake them from scratch.

Cause like Bomb Mining nerf, it isn’t fair to nerf an exploit into the ground, and not punish those that used said exploit. After the Bomb Mining nerf, they should have wiped the whole game and force everyone to start over again.

spitters eyes not drop for me on t1-t3 planets i test it i kill on t1 planet with max luck 300 spitters 0 eye
on t2-3 same-0 spitters eye i kill stout normal.on t4 planets i kill 150 spitter stout and strong at meteor elemental stouts and have 2 eye on t5 planets i kill strong and mighty spitters 50x and have 2 eyes:) and mighty elementals spitters kill me 20x:) how can anyone say this eye is common??? and still is low end forged for low lvl new players easy hahhah very bored this when is eye common why dont drop from normal spitters as meat bone etc.its really crazy when common resource is super ultra rare and ultra rare drops as common.\very bad this.total kill any chance to low lvl players to get any small better items

2 Likes

Well, on the bright side we now know what recipes to skip.

But then they’ll just add nerfs to the good recipes if we start doing that

Quick, everybody start crafting low tier recipes to throw their numbers off! shh nothing to see here… move along