Boon 2 and 1 requiring SPITTER EYES?!?!

I’ve never seen one.

Bigger demand for mob drops means more money for hunters. More trading, more player interaction. It’s a good thing.

2 Likes

So are the wildstock eyes and adrenal glands removed from the unstable and imperfect boon 1s? I’m at work and cant check but they are still listed as ingredients on boundlesscrafting

Yes, shimmering orbs are waaaaay easier to get than spitter eyes.

No they aren’t removed, but should’ve been. The amounts required might’ve been reduced, but I don’t remember the old ingredient amounts required.

And just to throw some numbers out there. 3 meteors on T5 worlds, 274 spitters killed 45 minutes and… 1 eye. 1.

I think Forging is still in a good place. :^)

That I would have to disagree with. IMO forging sucks and is by far the worse crafting in the whole game.

3 Likes

Forging can be cool, it actually was, despite it’s problems. Now it’s almost completely ruined for all but the highest characters, in comparison to what it was not 24 hours ago.

No, no it wasnt. You dont even know what youre talking about. The developers stated, and it makes sense, that youre supposed to start out using imperfect compounds. Which need adrenal glands, which are definitely more common than spitter eyes.

Ill make a rundown later, but forging isn’t something your supposed to be able to do at the start of the game

1 Like

Guess what guys. I managed to get a Spitter Eye last night! I died twice trying to get it but I got it. Yay me. sigh

I don’t think anyone wants to do forging at level 1 (or even level 15). The question is just when should it open up, and do the recipes make sense. The former is an open question, but the latter seems to be leaning towards “no.”

Woah dude, lay off man. I’ve met you in game and you seemed cool then, so I’m assuming you didn’t mean to be rude.

I, in fact, do know what I am talking about, and also, if you read the thread, I’m am not discussing players “at the start of the game”.

The point in question, is does this affect people:

Learning to forge: It does.
Low end forge market: It does
Does it affect mid tier forgers significantly more than late game forgers: absolutely 4 times more actually.
High end forgers, like yourself: No it has almost no impact

No, balance still needs to be played out better with forging, but its 100% mid to late game activity. In mid game you most likely have a dcent stock of items, nothing huge, but enough to make basic things. Pure compound has zero negative effects, only high end players were making tools with quirks and defects, but that should be when you start out. In all honesty imperfect compounds should be far easier to make. The lvl 1 pastes are easy, but no compound is expressly just as easy

Right. Do you know if the devs have said what they define as mid-game, though? If you think midgame is 40 (for example, not saying you do), and I think it’s 25, who is right?

Midgame seems to me that it should be the time where you can comfortably go onto T3-T4 worlds, which is likely in the early 20sish, but a character absolutely can’t forge effectively at those levels, for those levels (obviously he shouldn’t be able to make god tier ruby hammers then, but that character couldn’t make good Iron hammer, either).

It wasn’t god tier hammers. We are talking about Iron and Titanium. Mostly shovels and axes. There isn’t enough boon to make 1hit hammers, so those are mostly in the realm of god tier.

The enchants in question that I saw, and did myself were focused on:

1x3 iron shovels.
-8 energy axes.
Magnet loot radius 2-4 (various).

These aren’t the game breaking tier of items (those are mostly 3x3 damage emerald hammers, which I am not discussing at the moment).

1 Like

Those give defects and quirks which IMO are stupid and gear with those on them I won’t use.

Mid game is actually around level 30, when you have enough skill points to be able to do stuff reliably on T6 planets. The end game has not even been released yet, two planet tiers do not even exist in the game currently, but we know they exist.

2 Likes

Yea, but early forging shouldnt give you the most desirable traits anyways otherwise the quirks and defects system is completely a waste

1 Like

If in the middle tiers you can’t craft simple AOE/small magnitism/small energy reduction without drawbacks, who is that crafting for? End game people aren’t going to be making 1x3 iron hammers unless to sell, and it seems like poor design to me to have items that are intended for mid-tier that can only be made by high tier.