Boundless Crafting

thanks. I’m so used to boundless crafting that I never even think about the wiki. ill hit that up.

New version of the site is up… It’s still very much a work in progress, but I feel it has reached a minimum via product stage. Some of the new features include :

• A cleaner interface so you can see all recipe stages (single, bulk & mass) on one page.
  • Translated game content - available in the official translations that the game offers (still need to translate all my site menus etc. - if any German, French, Spanish or Italian speakers would like to help with that, I would be grateful! - otherwise I will have to resort to Google Translate).
  • Calculated content - all the descriptions that previously contained garbled stats should now display the correct information as it is in game.
  • Additional item details - such as Chrysominter values per item (both single and stack), Prestige value and Mine/Build XP values.
  • Inclusion of meteor drops and varying tiers.
  • Additional drop details, showing percentage chance of getting multiple drops of an item (without luck).
  • Additional info on where to find items, best planet tiers, types, elevation, surface materials etc.
  • Worlds now show protection requirements and tier.
  • Worlds now show a zoomable map (maps updated - thanks @james !).
  • Full resources, such as ores are now displayed per planet (although some resources/planets are still to be added).
  • Tints are now easier to see for each block type (i.e. no longer hidden behind another button click).
  • Inclusion of rich meta data so you can link items and see a small bit of information without clicking the link… i.e.
  • And most important of all (at least for me) is that this complete rebuild provides a more solid base to build on which will allow me to add much more interesting and useful information… and believe me, there is a lot more coming!

Downsides…

• Currently the guild glyph creator is offline - I will hopefully have it up and running again shortly after my family vacation.
  • I’m still working on some of the responsive parts of the site - I’m aware that some listing texts push outside their boxes.
  • There’s probably a couple more … maybe… most likely… :man_shrugging:

Any problems, suggestions, critiques… just shout!

And as always… Stay Boundless :boundless:

16 Likes

Thank you and enjoy the vacation and Family time.

1 Like

Hey, new version is looking good, and is also feeling more responsive/faster for me, too. :slight_smile:

Huge thank you for making the search bar always visible though. Always annoyed me a little how it would be easy to lose track of with the old version.

2 Likes

There’s a small issue I noticed quickly, by the way:

Mass is where Bulk should be and vice versa.

3 Likes

Thank you for this. Nice Work!

Great work, this should make many lives easier :slight_smile:

Here’s hoping for some API endpoints that include maps too :smiley: Maybe they’ll have some time to explore that now that the farming is mostly done.

I can help with german translations.

1 Like

Thanks - now fixed :+1:

Where does the page draw the datafrom for the exo/timer? Is it when spawn or Manual?

I’ve been entering them manually based on the bot on the PS discord

Thank you for the answer.

That would be fantastic - thank you!

I’ve attached a copy of the English translations file (It’s actually PHP, but had to give it a .js extension so I could upload it :wink: ) There’s just over 100 words to translate currently.

site.js (3.7 KB)

Is there a way to switch to a phone type view? I struggle to see stuff now (maybe I can change some settings on my phone)
Edit: ignore this, sussed it out

Also, im not on the leader board anymore :eyes: I’m sure I’m 12th!

Still love this site, use it daily :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out - seems I missed some of the basic responsive layout on the worlds section! I’ll get it fixed!

I need to get the last know leaderboards imported from the old site too … From what I can see, the endpoint where I was getting that information has also changed now.

1 Like

Changing to a desktop version through my settings fixed everything except the leader board text :heart:
And good to know I haven’t been relegated haha!

I think the endpoint hasn’t changed, but it requires authentication now :confused:

Patch notes here Testing 222: Venerable Forging! mention

• Require authentication on a range of universe APIs.
1 Like

Thankfully a quick fix - It should be much better on mobile now!

Ah right, fair enough. I guess I’ll need to plead my case for access :wink:

Yep, perfect now :smile:

1 Like

Your game client sends the auth with the requests, I don’t think you can make it externally. I’m assuming it’s some kind of game login session thing. Or if you find a way, let me know as well :smiley: