Boundless Information Station

This is absolutely awesome, thank you!

i have tried a forced refresh but no dice, Is there some trick to getting it to show up?

The website uses some pretty heavy caching, but when you first open the site/app it will check if there’s anything new. If you give it a moment, you’ll get a blue bar at the top telling you a new version is available.

After that you can either click the bar to read the patch notes and reload or do a regular refresh.

Once you have the newest version (you may have it already, depending on when you refreshed), you can find it under Items -> Recipe Trees

2 Likes

If you can find a good spot for it, being able to see the number of crafts, probably only when it’s mass crafts, would be convenient for planning dedicated workshops. Sort of an intermediary to answering questions like what ratio of tables:workbenches:refineries is best for a constant-flow marble factory?

As it is, this tool already saves… Immense amounts of time getting to that ratio, so thanks again for making it!

1 Like

took a couple of forced refreshes to get it to show up but im finally seeing it this morning.

Sadly I seem to be unable to use the color and resource tabs again this morning…same issue as before, the input lines remain dotted, and am unable to enter/choose values. Tried from 2 android phones, a tablet, and pc, using several different browsers…

Looks like Boundlexx has gone to sleep, hopefully @Angellus is able to wake that bad boy up again :grin:

2 Likes

All is well again!
200-3

1 Like

I’m getting a blank page?

2 Likes

Anyone else having issues with the site atm not loading pages?

I think there is an API issue

Yeah I can’t get anything from it

1 Like

Been a loooong time since I’ve done this, but here goes.

The Boundless Information Station has been updated!
Not with exciting new features, but super boring stuff like using the latest package versions!! :grin:

What does this mean for you as a user? I’ll tell you. It means optimizations that are so small you won’t even be able to tell the difference!!! What a time to be alive. It all sounds a lot more impressive if I use percentages though so I’m going to do that.

The initial load time has seen a decrease (on average) of 20%!!
As for the download size, and this is where most of the improvements are, a decrease of 40%!!!

This means that you, as a user, can enjoy all that the BIS has to offer 0.1s faster and using 1.1MB less data :exploding_head:

Now, at this point you might be asking why I bothered. What I have to say to that is this: Wow, what a great question. Absolutely fantastic question. And how handsome you must be to have asked it. Very impressive!

Final couple of points:

• Colour Finder has been removed. Due to the sheer amount of outdated, wrong and missing information, it just felt like it was a good time to let this one go. Maybe one day we can get an official data source on it rather than relying on user-submitted data.
  • Forms across the site have a slightly different look-and-feel. I personally think they look much nicer now and are a lot easier on the eyes.

There’s a non-zero chance I broke something so let me know if I did.

As always, your feedback is most welcome :grin::heart:

9 Likes

This is a fantastic resource, thanks for putting it together!

1 Like

:sob:

But I understand why. I still wish “last scanned” timestamps had been added to the API to help with this.

Thanks for being awesome and so very, very handsome.

1 Like

Thanks for that amazing tool, the job done on the colour mutation is fantastic and I would have not start a goo farm without it!

2 Likes

Boundless info had a color finder feature. now its gone. the most useful feature is now removed.

why not fix it? this is half the reason most ppl go to this site.

Main reason i used the site was the color finder. For those with shops needing colors like concrete, rock, glass. I guess I will not be using it much anymore. It was the most used feature by me and many others. It was also how many of us set our colors as not to duplicate others to help the community get colors they needed.