Boundless is too easy

Yep that’s “proper” hardcore mode, losing items on death is just a different kind of death penalty.

I have always played games like Diablo and Path of Exile exclusively in hardcore mode as I found them rather tedious and boring played in normal. Sure it was absolutely heartbreaking to have a super high level/geared character die but the fear of death added a real sense of excitement to what was a very repetitive and grindy style of game.

3 Likes

I actually found the opposite to be true. While in theory it should be more exciting and intense to play on Hardcore characters due to the inherent risk, I actually just found myself playing it safe 100% of the time, which was way less fun that the occasional Leroy Jenkins approach to see what happens.

2 Likes

Great post!!!

1 Like

Yeah it’s definitely not a play style for everyone. I got enjoyment out of having to make sure I was prepared for every eventuality and adequately geared or over geared to move on to a new area of the game.

If a hardcore mode of this game was ever added I would most definitely be creating a new character and moving there. In order to ever implement a hardcore system though it would require another set of public and private planets to progress through and build on.

I know the thread was just intended as a joke @Jaidic but I genuinely would love to play by all your rules except perhaps the DLC options, haha.

2 Likes

I’d certainly be interesting. I think the NPE would need some tweaks though first. With monthly wipes and no major shops to get started with, you’re barely going to be up and running before the next wipe. Even if you’re faster than that, it’s going to get boring doing it from scratch once a month unless the process was smoothed a bit.

Who knows. If it was financially viable to set up and people wanted it, sounds good to me.

2 Likes

5 Likes

and you respawm randomly on another planet :joy:

3 Likes

Try to build a city in a lava lake on till with 4 3x3 plot roads extending from the city. That’s a TRULY hardcore feat

2 Likes

Just make all blocks lava

2 Likes

I kinda like the proposed game in the OP :joy:

2 Likes

Hardcore mode - drop all items upon death

Perma death…you lose…make a new character

Grapple only stays attached for 2 seconds

People can downvote your build or store so you lose footfall/sales coin

Warping has an RNG chance to send you elsewhere

Going into a harmful atmosphere stays with your character for 24 hours

You can only change skill pages or characters once every 7 days

You can only use 25 skill points per page

(This is Bizzaro Boundless right? lol)

3 Likes

I’m not sure removing all coins from the game actually makes it harder.

If your beacon obtains enough downvotes, it is automatically reclaimed.
+1

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :rofl: Oh noooes that would be so sad lol

3 Likes

All Sales hand trade only, no malls :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

And you can only trade certain items on certain days

3 Likes

using the minter cost coins
0.2c to scap ur sponge

6 Likes

Slingbows use spark

3 Likes

i’m a casual gamer and NONE of this is ok with me.

2 Likes

I keep coming back to this thread for some reason xD and when I do I see new suggestions that make me laugh lol this thread is horrible and great lmao

4 Likes

Everyone is joking…trying to think of the most horrible game features possible

3 Likes