Boundless Modding and HTTP API docs đź“š

Boundless modding and HTTP API docs are published here:

https://docs.playboundless.com/

The docs source is available here:

9 Likes

thank you :slight_smile:

This might not be specifically relevant to THIS thread… but I’m curious.

Can modding be done to add more GUI shortcuts? Like, let’s say I wanted someone to create a mod where, if you are holding a stack of items over an empty slot, you can right-click and it will drop a single item at a time. Is that possible? Or would that only be possible with a real update from the devs?

I’ve wanted a smoother GUI for so long, and I think there’s so much room for improvement. Specifically for inventory management. Minecraft (and by further extension, modded Minecraft) has some sweet keyboard shortcuts that incredibly improves inventory management. :heart:

Edit: I talk about some of them in this thread. If it’s possible to mod, would someone potentially do it?

1 Like

Sweet, now we just need public portals locations (Source/Destination )and then people can start making a navigation finder…

Mandatory: mouse given a cookie asking for glass of milk…

4 Likes

For the maps.playboundless.com site, how are you constructing the polygon box that renders the “beacon boundaries”? Is there some type of algorithm that can easily create a polygon from a list of bounding boxes/vertices or something?

I have the individual plot rectangles being rendered, but that is horribly inefficient (and on this world lags the browser like crazy, I am getting like 2-3 FPS trying to scroll the map) and I need to combine all of the rectangles into a single polygon to render

Nothing smart.

2 Likes

I got something smarter working and seem pretty great so far.

Basically the Turf.js let you union together 2 or more polygons. So I am creating the squares polygons from the plot boundaries, merging them together and then rendering them as a single polygon. It is neat because if you zoom in, I can still dynamically hide/show the individual plot boundaries.

10 Likes

Now you’re just showing off… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes