Boundless Multiverse

I get where you are coming from. You’re invested and passionate about the game, so for you seeing things that look to be destroying the game in your view, well you’re going to react accordingly. It may or may not be warranted. The only thing that you know is you are invested and you do enjoy the game and you want it to be better because you want to share in it with your friends.

been there done that. Took a long break as a result. Sov’s brought me back after being gone for a while and I upped gleam club for a few months in hopes that something else is added to keep me around once the newness of sov’s wears off. I definitely get where you’re coming from and though it’s definitely from a heated viewpoint, I don’t think it is unwarranted.

4 Likes

This already exists in PC version, it is getting more polished and easier to access. I don’t understand why this announcement is seen so negative now. Plan to have mode like this has been told long time ago.

12 Likes

Hot topics ask for hot popcorn. Ok jk.

Don’t you all think this might be a step towards making the game inclusive for as many tastes as possible before going out and fully advertising the game when the devs feel it is the right time?

I fully understand asking for more requested features but they always assured they have several things being cooked simultaneously.

8 Likes

D: spicy popcorn…I don’t know if I can handle spicy popcorn… oh noes D:

1 Like

It’s a matter of prioritization. Basic content should come before sweeping gameplay changes. Furniture and clothes, raids and dungeons should come LONG before a perforation of the gameverse.

I would hardly say that this feature is being dumped on the community as pure surprise when it says right there “If we’re unable to release all 3 server configurations simultaneously, then our priority will be the Public Boundless servers. We will then release the Private and Self Hosted servers as quickly as possible afterwards.

16 Likes

maybe not everyone saw that FAQ? I know i missed it. I am thankfull you linked it, now i can read it :smiley:

1 Like

Communication is needed on those things. I understand there’s a wing of the forum base that will be hypercritical on what’s delivered on as opposed to what the goal is/was so not sure how you communicate those things without getting pitchforked by that crowd also.

1 Like

What if the world ends before 2030?

Can we move the advertising campaign up to 2025?

I’m so curious what this game with a medium to large player base would be like.

2 Likes

Dont forget Hidden event in folder titled "Heat Death"?

2 Likes

Oh, absolutely more people mean new amazing builds, communities, and friends to play with. What the concerns are about is the priority of such as this new feature coming out the oven before missing features off the game. A lot of the stuff people are talking about are things that we’re told would be in the game from when the game was first announced.

I am not poopooing this feature in any way. I am just speaking my mind about getting this kind of update over more stuff to do in the game. Like I said in my earlier post these updates are just giving us more places to do the same things we have already been doing rather than new stuff to do or improvements to already implemented features.

3 Likes

Launch Update:

• Public worlds will be available at launch.
  • Private worlds will not be available at launch. They will be added after launch.
  • Self hosted worlds will then follow after.

woah it actually is being released in that order D: coolio.

3 Likes

How dare they tell us with only 4 years notice

5 Likes

We get this was roadmapped. The problem is the timing of it. This should be one of the last updates this game receives.

Dan sums it up well.

4 Likes

Happy to see this announcement, basically I’ve been waiting for this announcement since I first bought the game during early access, as having a local server was initially one of the main appeals for me and my brother.

3 Likes

No denying some players will be excited about this. Like Dan said it isnt the content of the update but the timing and prioritization.

I do not believe this will be the hook for new players so many people seem to think it will be.

1 Like

Let’s just consider for a moment that this update is actually not about the existing playerbase… but about potential new players overall. Players that haven’t yet bought the game as they didn’t want to be in the MMO universe - players that may just want to muck about with friends and pick up/put down the game whenever they wanted. Players that can mod the game to how they want to play it.

I believe there is. It could well be ones that can’t afford to fork out a monthly fee for a rental world on a game they don’t even know if they will like yet.

It could well be that they need to prioritize revenue streams (I have no idea if that is the case and wouldn’t like to speculate beyond this statement) as opposed to relying on the current playerbase to continue funding the game with GC and cubit sales.

12 Likes

interesting perspective. I’m learning.

It will draw new players long enough to see how empty the game is alone, and then you LOSE all those new players before the content is released.

How does no one see this as the devs ultimately shooting themselves in the foot?

2 Likes

I have only just got home and haven’t read all the comments up to this point, but I’ll probably read through some later. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, I also don’t think this will be a major player-grabber or anything like that either. And MMO balance aside, a lot of the game still needs attention indeed, some parts still feel oddly clunky, even though I still feel the experience is much better than over two years ago by now, it’s really difficult to convince anyone who doesn’t already own the game to play Boundless with me. (and even then…)

3 Likes