Boundless Multiverse

Please do not present opinion as absolute fact.

11 Likes

I didn’t miss anything. I read the entire post and I even agree with some of it.

2 Likes

I mean, a decent number of us said we weren’t opposed to it in general, just at this time. But that’s okay you can ignore all 277 comments that came before yours. But I do warn you, you’re missing out on some good points.

I really wish there was a filter to see the actual good responses anf not just the apocalyptic ones

6 Likes

I did my best to provide a summary a few comments ago

1 Like

You don’t have to agree with this thread or the comments, but you do have to follow the CoC. Boundless Code of Conduct

This topic was automatically opened after 3 hours.

tenor (2)

12 Likes

I’d enjoy having this option, honestly. Being able to design planets to use in my own little universe is especially appealing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m completely ignorant of how modding works in any game tbh. I’m the player who just plays games “out of the box.” I can’t even picture what modded Boundless could even look like. But if I understand it even mildly, and this community, which has proven itself to be incredibly creative, were to effectively create custom versions of Boundless with additional features, upgrades, etc., wouldn’t the standard MMO version of the game begin to feel “vanilla” in comparison? How much more so for players who play a modded version first, and then the standard MMO version. Just thinking aloud here…

This didn’t age well :man_facepalming: :joy:

4 Likes

Kinda wonder if James forgot to re enable them for Halloween and saw the forums?

1 Like

Remember reading somewhere that they were fixing something with them.

1 Like

Just switch it around , do rossstephens content as the main update and work on the multiverse on the side :laughing: :wink:

6 Likes

Yes please

Devs do maybe need some more co-ordination in releasing update news.
Bit tone deaf to announce this update with no content etc (fix chat!) updates and not expect frustration from many in our small but passionate player base.
Does feel like they more interested in handing over future development to volunteers (ie. modders) rather than committing more long-term resources themselves.
That’s just my impression/opinion and hope I’m wrong…would very very much like this game to progress in to it’s full potential (a 3D Terraria-like systems is my ideal end point dream…one can dream :grin:)

5 Likes

Well. Seems my decision to find something else to sink my time into while boundless got some new content just turned into a decision to not bother refuelling my beacons cos there aint gonna be much to see here for a looooong while if this is the current path they are taking

4 Likes

This update Sound horrible really bad idea.
2-3 player think this bring more player into boundless or bring old players back, no this will not.

This bring old player back and new player into game: more content, hunt update , more animals,more Deco stuff like bed etc, different charakter races, and the very importent thing: a new advertising were the peoble can see the great builds in the game .

3 Likes

So much drama and passion in this discussion. I am already full of popcorn, please take it easy :joy::joy:

4 Likes

My favourite reference for development time definitions: https://www.lotro.com/en/content/brief-history-time-according-sapience

That was my biggest takeaway from this too. Watched a stream of someone playing a Feed the Beast modded minecraft just the other day and thought ‘Damn, that much customisation with Boundless would be Epic’. Can’t wait to see what people put together.

My only worry is that we might not have a big enough dedicated playerbase to contain enough modders to really get the ball rolling.

4 Likes