Boundless Multiverse

We know that the server instances have more than one world on them, so I wonder if they are able to increase world capacity by reducing the number of worlds on an instance, or if there are other limitations keeping the number low.
There is also the option of increasing instance power, which could potentially also increase player limit.

2 Likes

If they do it for permanent planets they should offer the option to do so on Sovereigns and have player cap upgrades that do not stack. Doing so would essentially give hunt leaders the option to host large hunts on Sovereigns with the ability to control griefing.

Not that I particularly want it but I would like the option to increase the player caps on the world that I am paying for.

2 Likes

Actually, monsters that build stuff would be really cool. Like they build little mud hut communities if you watch them but don’t disturb them.

6 Likes

Like that Centipede arcade game :joy:

Perhaps they could leave a trail of harvestable blocks?

Woah something that’s not a box where I can live in? choo choo guess who’s plotting these mud huts and moving in :joy:

1 Like

Sounds like the worm that is planned.

I feel this update is super important for me, my friends, and family; so much so that I plan on buying multiple copies as gifts for them to join in on the custom private worlds. I will just have to see how far we can push the world generation :slight_smile:

I am just as excited if not more. I hope to work for this company some day making this game even better as there is so much potential that could happen in the MMO and Private side.

5 Likes

I already buy this game for friends, keep on giving!

2 Likes

One of the biggest things that concerned me back at release was when they took the server cap and lowered it from what I recall being 80 to like half of that because Finata was the most hopping place and was causing load issues. They slowly raised it over time until we got to where we are today.

We will always have a server handicap like that unless they paid for bigger servers, I assume. But to pay for bigger servers they would need more people which means more income to pay for the bigger servers.

At least that’s how I understood it when the whole Finata throttling happened.

Dito.

I have spoken.

5 Likes

How does a ps4 player get a pc server for free to be able to have their own universe?

Buy a pc or rent server time I guess

2 Likes

Get a 2nd hand computer cheap off work, and leave it running. The added bonus (if it’s Windows) is that it’ll likely be the enterprise version of Win 10 Pro, which is just a tiny bit easier to stop them looking at every single thing you ever do. #tinfoilhat

Bonus, you can use it for:

• Home Media Server
  • Home Control Server
  • Serving TV out to places in the house that either don’t have Tellies or no access to aerials …

etc, etc, etc

And all because: Boundless :wink:

( extra bit - better and maybe cheaper if it’s not a windows one … because then most of those things are much easier … but then i dunno if boundless multiverse will run on a NOT WINDOWS )

1 Like

The private universe will be realy free ?
And the characters will be separated according to the universes ?
But you are the best team ! :wink:

2 Likes

i ‘imagine’ the private universe will be free if you are hosting it yourself because you aren’t renting a server from someone else. The only cost would be purchasing the game on a separate steam account and any electric bills if you leave it on 24/7 which i doubt many would…maybe.

though in your case i also imagine it would just be one steam account. lol. Whichever way you end up doing it i do hope you get to play in your own universe! i see this feature bringing smiles to players.

1 Like

roger that x1000000000

1 Like

I always miss the hunt b/c I don’t check discord often, every day or other I look at the hunts I missed and am all like doh, so it goes.

2 Likes

Lists the hunt times that happen often, these might help.

2 Likes

My pic also represents my stance on pants. The pants stance, it represants. These are my demands.

2 Likes

What doesn’t it say?