Boundless Multiverse

How many years now have we been waiting for small QOL updates? The devs run off to Baldurs Gate leaving a skeleton crew to do this? Where is this going? If they deliver the content they promised us years ago then they wouldnt be hemorrhaging players now.

1 Like

The way i see it this game is a tech demo and a way for them to work on something they are passionate about. No its not a regular game and thats fine, do we expect to to be developed like regular games? yes, should we? not really. They are working on this tech demo/game the way they see fit, and im fine with that. If i wanted a different development plan i would go to other games.

1 Like

@majorvex I completely understand what you mean, but when we are getting features like the private worlds and now an offline mode before we get the full furnishing of the game, to me, seems a bit premature.

My grievances are with the priority with such updates. Like yes this is a great feature to be added to the game, and yes additional framework improvement to the game are a must, but like I said this is a feature that could be implemented much later down the pipe rather then now.

2 Likes

Ive never seen a demo cost 40$

Can i get a unity3d version of their netcode because there are only poopoo solutions over there.

Gotta pay for the servers somehow, if it was a basic tech demo it wouldn’t even be where it is at as standard tech demos are not longtime projects but standalone examples.

why are you asking me? im not a developer lmao

:joy:

6 Likes

No offense but that’s a pretty sad view. I didnt spend $40x 5 or 6 copies for a f***ing tech demo.

I think its very hard to call a game that’s been out for 5 years a demo. This should be a shiny polished game by now.

4 Likes

Nah just slap MMO on the title and you get a free pass for perpetual beta

4 Likes

Lmao can’t argue with that point

2 Likes

Hey now this isnt Dayz.

I don’t know where you got ‘sad’.

I was merely stating how i view it.

also why did you buy 5 or 6 copies? for friends? just currious now

1 Like

Yes, none of which still play due to the lack of promised content.

They said this is something they are going to add to testing and it will sit there for a long time - not that it is coming before other updates/content :woman_shrugging:

It would be nice to have a ballpark timeframe for when/if the content that was mentioned previously will be added.

Personally, I’m curious how they feel that the Sovereign/Creative planet addition is going and if any changes are being considered.

4 Likes

yeah this isn’t a game for everyone. it’s why i never buy keys for any friends i want to play with as I never believe they will stick around like I or others have. I’m sorry your friends didn’t stick around with you :frowning:

1 Like

I worked in the game dev industry for several years. I do full-stack web development for a living now. I’m well aware of how development works. I also know that roadmaps are absolutely critical to products or you are just aimlessly wandering and you are doomed for failure.

There is no public-facing roadmap for Boundless. There was back around the time the game launched but they effectively threw it out. They then released a tentative roadmap about a year ago - you’ll recall the graphic that had, for example, farming on it - but they gave up on that too.

The communication from @SamF and such has been great recently but just as @SephirothWS said above, this is yet another feature that is being dumped on the community in pure surprise. Another massive feature that is unrelated being thrown to us that very few that actually play the game presently are going to care about. It was clearly something the devs were interested in doing and hopefully it leads to more sales of the game but I seriously doubt many of the players currently playing the game will realize any benefit at all from this feature. We can only hope there are some other features that come along with this patch.

8 Likes

I feel the sovereign/ creative update was in fact beneficial. It brought me back after some months away. The idea of having your own world yet still in the universe is highly appealing.

The idea of now splintering that universe seems highly counterintuitive to the core idea of the game - an MMO sandbox

1 Like

we can speculate all we want, but we might only find out the impact when it hits live servers eventually one day unknown.

edit: when its released xD i went with my standard habitual wording on updates above…oops xD

3 Likes