Boundless Multiverse

Then don’t play an MMO. Your argument is inherently flawed so just stop. I’m not answering you anymore.

2 Likes

5 Likes

The game already has little incentive to play with others, i can join 10 guilds with 10 characters that each have 5 skill tabs, there is literally no incentive to play with others other then the crafting time it takes to make something.

3 Likes

Im not super worried people will leave the universe

I am concerned that this isn’t really a needed update

I really really hope hunting is next

12 Likes

Happy for the folks that asked for this.

I’d really like to see more (non-event) items and recipes, monsters, and that sort of thing.

3 Likes

I feel that way about your argument. I think there is dissonance between “this game is best as an MMO” and “if this game has a non-MMO option, everyone will leave”, but we can agree to disagree.

This one I can agree with, but I definitely see some people who disagree with it as well.

5 Likes

Combat update news please.

4 Likes

Hmmm so no exo fix. No new blocks… just more privatisation. Will there be anyone online any more…

7 Likes

Right this seems like a feature of the game that should be added after we get all of the core game features implemented.

There is so much missing from the game and plenty of room for fine-tuning, overhauls, and improvements to features that are currently in the game. I feel like these last two updates of the game it is just giving us more places to do the same things we all have been doing in the game rather than new and interesting stuff to do in the game.

5 Likes

I’m a serious introvert IRL, and actually though I’m social online, in games, never really interacted even in MMOs much before this, like ESO, would tail zergs and be in guilds but basically be doing my own thing.

Boundless is different, I’ve really interacted IN the game here, and made true friends. :slight_smile: So though a perfect Pakaverse is tempting, and as I mentioned in my first post in the thread, if I went that way I might have to put my focus there… more I think about it, no, I think I’m sticking with the main universe. Perhaps just play around with a side one.

I don’t think I could ever draw much a crowd to any private universe I do, and a lot of the hook that keeps me in Boundless is this community, the feedback I get for what I do, and such. If I want to just build on my own I have other games I do that in. Boundless is unique and very special to me.

And even on the rentals thinking on it more… yeah, maybe I could do a lot “better” in a private universe, but I’m losing the fun of the gamble and seeing what I get with my rolls, no? :wink:

But I’m happy this is coming for all who do want or need it to play. :slight_smile: I believe we will see many incredible creations within the multiverse, and I especially LOVE the idea of somehow letting people transition to private ones from within the main one. That would be so amazing and quite a hook I think.

Yeah, definitely want to see more content too… but thinking on it more, see the logic here. Boundless is an amazing and addictive game as it is, IMO. But, if there were to be a sales/ad push, or (fingers crossed) an addition of it onto Xbox or whatever, might be good to have this on first when it goes live, for all who want totally private. That might help retain some of those players, who wouldn’t leave over something not even there yet, but who might not stick around if they can’t have it private… plus, the aspect that the private ones MIGHT be able to be more newcomer-friendly, training grounds, and like mentioned for those MMO-adverse a good starting place from where they might then move to the main universe.

13 Likes

personally i would rather have stuff added that sticks around all year instead of all the holiday junk…

Maybe like release this game on xbox and ill buy 4 copies

3 Likes

You summed it up beautifully. Thank you for being eloquent.

4 Likes

That is not a roadmap lol

2 Likes

There is another one but i dont care enough to find the post, i stopped looking for it realizing it doesnt really matter, its already been stated on the forums multiple times what they are going to do and people just dont realize development takes time.

If i can give you a feature that takes 5 minutes or 5 months which do you think you will get first.

If this is the case, then why wouldn’t the devs seek ways to bring in more players?

To everyone: It sounds like the devs are making fundamental changes, so that the game can start to compete with similar games & handle multitudes of players/servers/etc.

Just statistically speaking, if you bring more players to the game overall - regardless of what mode they play - then you will gain more players in the MMO. There are many players here that usually avoid MMO games (this used to be me 100%), but most end up craving that aspect over everything else. There are a lot of potential players that won’t even try Boundless right now bc it lacks the optional game modes that most people have come to expect in 2020 (see image below). Perhaps once they try Boundless, get the hang of it, they’ll explore the MMOverse too. Maybe it will work out, maybe not. Who knows?

13 Likes

You do that by adding content, not spreading out an already thin community (which is thin DUE TO LACK OF CONTENT.)

Logic my dude.

3 Likes

They are adding content and have been doing so. There is also content & character abilities they want to add, but cannot do so without certain fundamental changes to the game. Different game modes are a must for the game to stay afloat. They can’t keep farming the same 200-3000 players into infinity just to keep a few people happy.

Edit to add…we all want buckets of new content, yesterday. Shields, races, fishing, transportation, furniture, clothes, etc. I do too.

12 Likes

Maybe if they delivered the promised content first and THEN did this then sure, I’d be behind it. That is not what they’re doing. The devs have their priorities skewed, and I handily blame Square Enix for forcing the game into release too soon.

The concept is sound and would be great in a completed game. It is not what the game needs right now.

1 Like

Is this still a thing? Cause i haven’t seen a vote system for new features at all. But i could be looking in all the wrong places. So many things on this list alone i would love to know if they still exist? Do you guys do skype calls with top backers still?

I feel like a lot of this could be negated if this was still in fact an something that happens @james . And if it is still something that happens point me in that direction so i can go start voting.

4 Likes

I 100% agree that any content promised to early backers should be given/paid/squared around.

3 Likes