Boundless now self published on Steam

Yay!!! Please don’t close this topic… we’ll be here making a lot of questions about the news!!

7 Likes

Don’t firghten the wee little bird away :wink:

5 Likes

Ooooh yeeeah ! I was so scared with everything i Read here! I have soooo much to Do in this game! Now i am happy :slight_smile: thanks!!

8 Likes

Woot can’t wait to hear more.
Seems like ages lol

7 Likes

@james you say PC, but what about Playstation???

Can you give US an awnser to that too because Sqaure Enix IS Not mentioned on loading Screen on Playstation…

Would that perhaps mean Updates on pc only ?

Can you give US a small Update for Playstation too please thats Not unimportant !!!

Greetings Turrican2006

11 Likes

Maybe now we can get pants

4 Likes

Also an Xbox release would be great

6 Likes

Been playing my Xbox more these days lol

1 Like

Excited to hear this. I appreciate all the work and love you and the wonderstruck team have poured into this game over the years.

We are waiting with glad expectation on any and all exciting news your crew are hoping to share soon!

8 Likes

WOW James …
… Good to hear something again :smiley:
Can’t wait for the coming exciting news. :+1: :+1:
It seems Your - Our - supporting community is still alive
Keep on :boundless: Developing :boundless:

13 Likes

To the best of my knowledge, Square were never involved in publishing the game on PlayStation. I think it was self published, but there was some level of exclusivity deal with Sony.

5 Likes

I could def see this being part of the “exciting news”. Squenix was likely holding them from Xbox. If they release the update like 2 weeks before an Xbox launch, they’d probably make more money in a week than the game has in the last 2 years.

7 Likes

My thoughts exactly be a great way to jump start sales.

4 Likes

@james Thank you very much for an update! Love the game since the alpha and still enjoying it years later. Boundless is great! Looking forward to the upcoming news.

8 Likes

That is great news! What is the fate of the Playstation version?

3 Likes

2nd Chance Brews, 2nd chance brews, 2nd chance Brews fingers crossed lol

I’m glad your Baby is still getting the attention it deserves James-chan I hope it was exciting news to you and the Team! you all deserve Coffee & Cookies Party

7 Likes

What are 2nd chance brews?

3 Likes

Haha I knew we just need to hold our @Spoodles. :crazy_face: I was thinking objectively and knew, nothing was for sure, no reason to think negative since self publishing comes also with positive factors for the development team. Maybe that just shows they can stand on their own feet now because of the work at Larian studios, who knows? ^^
As Host mentioned, I as well was just disappointed that communication was lacking and that included support cases. However, I Love Boundless and have been always positive about that it goes further. Thanks a lot @james for the statement and I’m looking forward towards the news coming within the next few weeks.

@Turrican2006 square Enix shouldn’t have anything to do whether boundless is still available on PC and PS or not. I think it’s just some wording. It’s not like he said that about PC further down in his post… and if it would mean something, then probably not that there’s no following updates anymore, I think it would be more so, that exiting news would be mod support. That is not something supported on Playstation though. But I doubt that’s the case. More clearance is always welcome @james

2 Likes

Yep, and I am still convinced it would be a great Game Pass addition. :slight_smile: Especially since they could add PC now. Play anywhere! :grin:

4 Likes

Added in Testing 249.3

8 Likes