Boundless PS4 vs PC

I actually own boundless on steam as well but my old Mac cant play it. I let the game run too long on a black screen and couldnt get a refund through steam but F it lol. I love the game enough i dont really care

1 Like

Yeah I did mention Boundless specifically, but I guess everyone started going off on tangent lol.

2 Likes

Way better on PC. Build reflects off water on PC, not on PS4. Further draw distance on PC. More settings to choose from. You can mod some files.Probably other stuff too

1 Like

wait wut? I upgrade PC parts every 2 years =/ console seems cheaper.

1 Like

Whenever you buy a console the technology is probably already a couple years old on day 1. A new PC is going to beat a new console in performance every time.

But for me, it is just convenient. I really enjoy a ton of the Sony console exclusives and therefore, I use my PS4 a lot. It just made sense for me to get the game on the PS4.

Sony Interactive makes great games

Haha sorry! :flushed::joy: Well, for that, I actually knew nothing of Boundless until it popped up in the PS Store one day new. I wish I HAD known - I might well have bought a PC to play early, and done one of the early backer packages, if so! Boundless is the best impulse buy I ever made, hands-down. :smiley:

5 Likes

Spiderman is way cool! Did you play Last of Us remastered?

Holly ■■■■, what a game!

Nope never played last of us. I heard its a good game though. Boundless makes it hard to branch out :joy:

2 Likes

"Ha ha ha ha, you dirty console peasants!"

I’ve been on a PC since I was 8 years old, and now, 24 years later, I work on a PC with 3Ds Max when I’m not gaming.
Consoles are neat, but you can’t really switch them into a work-station.
Can you watch Youtube videos on a PS4? Surf the web to find neat cooking recipes? Write stuff on the forums? Maybe? I don’t know.
I won’t try to hazardly do a list of the things I can do with a PC which you can’t do on a console, because my spirit animal is a Sloth.

Point is, IMHO, the versatility of a PC greatly overweights the “yeah but you gotta change the graphics card often”.

I changed my graphics card about 6 months ago, but only because I litterally melted the previous one while rendering a batch of 30 pictures for a client. That asks way more out of the PC that gaming. ^^’
Otherwise, I’d still be with the gear I bought in 2015.

But in the end, to each his/her own.
I’m personally a defendant of the notion that anyone should be able to play a game on the platform of his/her choice. I hate platform exclusivities with a burning passion.
Either you put your game on PC, or you don’t get my money.
I would’ve loved to play God of War 4. but I was also very happy with watching a playthrough on Youtube for free, to get the story-line.
For other games like Zelda Breath of the Wild, there are emulators. Yeah. I play BotW on PC. Because Nintendo can suck my big fat graphics card.

2 Likes

Yes but not as efficiently, but i have a smartphone or laptop that can do all that lol

Me too. The worst part of gaming imo. Not many xbox exclusives im jealous of, but nintendo games yes. Hopefully crossplay will finally become a consistent thing and we can all enjoy everything.

I’m glad to know that I am utilizing the graphical prowess of a gaming PC over PS4 as opposed to playing on a large TV screen. I doubt that larger screen with 4k upscale can beat the beautiful water reflection (especially at night) and further draw distance.

Are you telling me u dont upgrade ur pc every 2 years…hmm i have both pc and ps4 …I know which one i seemed to be upgrading more…lol.

1 Like

this is kind of funny:

5 Likes

Dual monitors (PC), and multiasking for the win

2 Likes

dual? pls. the conversation starts when at 6 :rofl:

I was told 6 monitors was excessive and I couldnt possibly process that much info. :yum:

I still like having a comfy couch to lounge back in and play on a large hdr tv w/ a ps pro. Game still looks really nice. I like having options personally.

1 Like

The more the merrier :D’

(Setups with 3 or more monitors are more for workstations)

I have got a ps4 pro and 70 inch tv with full surround sound and hunts sound awesome. Vibrates the house.lol yeap turn it up. On my computer screen isn’t that big and i prefer sitting on my couch fully relaxing watch a big screen any day of the week… but yes pc has it awesome advantages. But when I am on a hunt I see just as many hunters dying on pc’s so what’s the advantages again. Lol

3 Likes

A good setup/well maintained PC will always be superior/more versatile and more flexible. But PS4 is convenient. And with PS5 coming probably end of 2020 i expect big things given today’s tech :drooling_face:

1 Like

my ram,motherboard,cpu only get upgraded when they either die(could happen anytime) or when they bottleneck my ram is about 6 years old got 16 gigs. my motherboard and cpu are about 6 years old and i just upgraded my 4 year old graphics cards 4 or 5 months ago so on average i only upgrade/replace parts once every 3+ years

given most of the time im playing games on medium settings but they still look good and the cost is only normally around $200 each time for the graphics cards the motherboard combo i count has “buying a new console” and that is a min of 5 years.

1 Like

Oh no, the worst part of gaming is EA and Activision, and the whole mentality of the people ruining the industry with loot boxes (or “surprise mechanics” as EA people put it) and cr@ppy DLCs. Have you seen the drama surrounding Apex Legends on Reddit? With the developpers themselves insulting players with words I can’t re-write here because of the forum itself won’t allow me.

Platforms exclusivities are juuuust after.

Is insane to think that one of the only AAA game company out there with integrity would be a company who can survive without an publisher or a company located in a country such as Poland (like CD Projekt Red) where life is less expensive, which allows them to release games with an awesome quality. Check out how many things you’ll get out of Cyberpunk 2077 normal edition for a normal retail price. It’s crazy.
And then look at any Modern Warfare. Then look back at Cyberpunk. Then back at Modern Warfare. Then back at Cyberpunk. Sadly, Modern Warfare isn’t Cyberpunk.

1 Like