Boundless Shop (In-game)

I can understand your doubts about buying tools.
Personally, the idea was only to be able to buy more plots.

man can indeed tools inside let this buy only limited.
For example: the hammers only once a week.
and of the 20 plots you can only buy 10 pieces.

that’s the way to do it.

Do you want more plots? upgrade your package :slight_smile: you can get 25, 50, 100 or even 200 procent increase

I have a large list of ideas for shop…

• Block skins.
    – learnable recipes of different versions of blocks you can craft and sell.
    – learnable schematics which give you an ability to apply skins to blocks via special chisel. You can’t share these special blocks with other players, but they may hire you to shape blocks on their plots and you get payed.
  • Player skins.
    – different models, body parts
    – tattoos, glowing decals etc
  • Equipment skins
    – skins for equipment
  • Skins for tools, weapons
    – Tier I: just a reskin
    – Tier II: skins with different on-hit particles
    – Tier III: skins with insane on-hit effects, explosions, dust clouds etc
  • Plot packages
  • Private Worlds
  • Decorative items
    – Monster displays: catch a monster and display it with this item, placeable on your plot.

Bonus:

7 Likes

I think my only issue with buying plots is when this game is released and full of people that the world’s won’t be large enough. Might not be an issue I don’t know but I know when I first started I could not find a spot far away from another person’s structure to the point where all I could see was nature.

Also an in game shop would be nice as said by others for strictly cosmetics. I could totally support that.

Wait are those character customizations real? That is cool looking.

1 Like

I’m with @Dzchan94 character customization only, and account bound so it doesn’t mess with the economy.

I don’t think block customization should be microtransactioned. Creations should not have that sort of baggage attached to them. Not to mention those blocks could be traded or sold or scavenged from abandoned builds, and again upset the economy.

5 Likes

Other than my objection to most micro transactions, I do think your shop layout looks great. It looks very professional. I’m sorry I didn’t say that first.

2 Likes

I am 100% okay with a cash shop in Boundless so long as the items in the shop are entirely cosmetic. I would spend a great deal of money in such a shop most likely.

8 Likes

This looks pay to win if you ask me.

I pray that it stays with the goal to let us players have an economy. It is greatly needed in this game. Seems like everything is geared around to having pretty little shops and trade centers. Our little favorite hole in the walls to large Wal-Marts. The things in the shops are only things we have to go out and manually grind for.

Any introduction of being able to purchase more grinded items is a direct loss to the economy. No matter how you cut it or label it. But I will buy character options all day long. Even house cosmetics or emotes, or voices, or body paint, or glowy thingee’s, or skins for weapons. I even think plots are okay to buy, IF you can’t unlock them until you leveled to obtain them. Or mayors get plot perks by a certain % over their city size, so that the city can continue to grow without hickups.

4 Likes

This thread is giving me nightmares.
Seriously why are so many ppl asking for this cancer to be added to the game?
And pay to win on top. I don’t get it.
You are not helping the game and hurting yourself.

You are not getting more stuff this way. Its not that the devs suddenly get more time for cash shop items. Its driving resources away from developing the actual game.

If you want to support the game, get friends to try it out or get a higher backer tier.

9 Likes

i have to agree. i don’t want to see plots, tools, or anything not strictly cosmetic for sale for real money and truth is I would be surprised if the devs opted to go that rout.
I thought of an in game economy with no outside sources is very existing to me.
when it comes to cosmetics i would hope that whatever you can pay for you could also achieve by playing to.
make boundless boundless :boundless:

6 Likes

I personally would quit this game very quickly the second a cash shop is added with anything more than cosmetics.

I avidly avoid games with P2W cash shops, That’s why I keep returning to Path of Exile so often. They only have quality of life and cosmetic changes. Past that, I would avoid this game too. Its just cancer of the late 2000’s, games going F2P Cash Shop.

I like the idea, Upgrading your package there would be awesome. Buying additional respecs, Maybe a small storage that is account bound between accounts. But you got to draw the line at the right place.

3 Likes

The reason I fully support all forms of micro transactions and sincerely hope for them is players such as myself do not have the available time to play as many others do and if there’s a way to help my progress along I’m totally for it. Boundless is not like a typical mmorpg and in my opinion don’t see the big deal if somebody uses real money to help them build the castle of their dreams. If it’s prestige you’re worried about simply make any items or materials purchased with real money void of prestige gain. Cmon guys, help us gamers out :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This will not be option after 1.0 iirc

I agree with Cook :slight_smile: Anyway I’ll be renting server as soon as that is an option, I guess in that setup it will be possible to alter some settings. Though I’d really love option to have something between private and public server in a sense that it is part of the universe i.e. stuff you obtain you can use throughout universe (in that case probably no settings to help yourself) but you can limit who can visit your planet, or at least what they can do on it :smiley:

I guess you’re looking to rent the Official Private Boundless servers.

As for ways to handle the timeless people that play Boundless, getting access to resources. I think there’s an option, a little of a workaround. Any cosmetics you get, you can trade for coins, resources, etc. Obviously said cosmetics will need to be tradeable. It might seem to be the same as buying coins or resources directly, but it’s kinda not, People willing to pay for said cosmetics with ingame money, will proceed to make a trade they think is fair. There’s no set value as to represent X amounts of real cash is equal to Y amounts of coins in game. That way we’re not inserting coins into the economic system from outside sources, but instead moving it within the game, allowing for the coin to remain as prevalent as it’s supposed to be.

It’s not a perfect way to pay for the time you don’t have in game to level up, get resources or coins, but it allows for people to “pay their way” without flooding or killing the market.

2 Likes

Thanks Dz :+1:

Yeah, that sounds workable

Another reason I don’t support micro-transactions: I have no self control. I will lose all of my money to this… Please… Don’t do this to me :disappointed::joy:

2 Likes

I don’t think the developers have that type of design in mind for this game since it will also be available off line for mods on private worlds not connecting to the mobile universe, but I like the idea of a developer run planet/ shop with stuff in it for in game coin

1 Like