Boundless Trade Network - Now Automated

Price is in subcoins since the patch. If you buy a hopper core for 400c, the scanner client reports it as 40000. The web page discards every basket if it doesn’t contain enough coins to buy at least 1 piece, with tax. Unfortunately, the web page wasn’t updated and thinks you’ve set the price at 40000c.

So basically there’s probably a lot of people that won’t have their request baskets on there till the website gets fixed. That sucks.

1 Like

This is the reason only two baskets are on the site buying hopper cores for instance.

And how long has this been going on now?

And with people not realizing you have to do the math to show how much a person is actually buying on request baskets means they are more likely to avoid those baskets. since they know they have to divide to get the actual sell/buy price but forget to do the math on the basket. Like it shows I’m buying 8 oortstone but I’m actually buying 800+

Edit: also now thinking about this, that makes no sense. You @scrufola @Mayumichi said it need to be enough to buy at least 100. But clearly I don’t have enough to buy 100 at the price the website shows I’m paying. So why does mine show up but not Aeneas.

1 Like

That’s what numbers got my basket to appear. 40c price each, 4k budget doesn’t show the basket, with 6k budget it showed up. Buy quantity on the site said 1, and by judging the other buy entries as well the order quantities seem to be ~100 times less than what the basket is buying.

1 Like

Right, I think it was said this will be fixed once Fuzzy has time to fix the tool itself. Switching to sub coins messed a fair bit up with the tool.

1 Like

If the scanner is receiving price and budget info, and all fields show subcoin, this shouldn’t be a thing right?

Someone asked me this morning why this basket wouldn’t show a 400000 budget and 4000 price why doesn’t it show an order for 90 items?

Based on posts here it sounds like the price field is being multiplied (* subcoin) and the budget is, somehow, not?

1 Like

That’s one possibility, yes. But as I haven’t read through the code I can’t say why exactly it happens :woman_shrugging:

That’s how I understood the explanation as @Simoyd has suggested a few times. Nothing to be done about it until the creator of the database has the time to fix /update it. I believe the only reason it functions at all right now is because Simoyd did a bandaid fix to at least address the sub coins. The subcoin patch broke the thing itself if I recall? Before he did the fix for the sub coins, the baskets werent being seen at all either.

I thought Simoyd created the db, and even if he didn’t he can still send the basket coin amount times 100 or there’s a reason why that somehow doesn’t work in the way the website is implemented… Would be weird tho, but still, ya never know…

I tried to find a discussion i think happened about them doing some math on the site to address tax issues but can’t find any posts on it. I was wondering if it would clarify anything about the incoming data.

If you can link a post where simoyd describes this I would appreciate it, as I’ve pretty much spent the time i had to budget for that search. The change to the game did break the scanner and simoyd fixed it in pretty short order. Not sure what’s up with fuzzylkd.

Yeah that’s the trouble with proprietary solutions, isn’t it? I have a certain curiosity about this but considering the nature of the thing it’s just an amusing time sink.

Anyways, even with no admin access to the front end this should be addressable in the scanner code, if there’s no timeline for the return of the other guy.

@fuzzylkd is not @Simoyd ;p AM quite certain Sim just helps with it and has access to some parts of it? Mayhaps he can chime in when he has time?

Honestly, I’m fairly certain that convo occured in Discord and it’s impossible to scroll through all that.

Best thing would be to get Simoyd to address it as to whether it can or cant be sorted by himself or if it’s a Fuzzy thing that needs to be fixed.

e- that’s the bad thing with these sorts of additions to the game. the populace becomes used to it and when it malfunctions it’s an annoyance. Hopefully we get something similar in game some day.

You don’t say?

Since this has been Simoyd’s brain child for quite some time (he has been thinking about it for years!) it seems to me that it’s more the other way around actually. That fuzzylkd helped Simoyd by making the website so Simoyd could concentrate on the scanner part.

And I would find it kinda odd if Simoyd would not have been the one who created the db, but indeed, they can answer that way better!

Simoyd [PS]04/29/2019
prices are correct, just x100
Simoyd [PS]04/29/2019
waiting on fuzzy to fix the frontend

also it appears as @uacko was the one who made a script fix in greasemonkey and Sim was able to apply the fix manually in the short term

Simoyd [PS]04/30/2019
hahaha
Simoyd [PS]04/30/2019
but I get it’s annoying to look at on the site
Simoyd [PS]04/30/2019
sry bout that
uacko04/30/2019
Yeah, it’s a super easy thing for Fuzzy to fix, but I completely understand being busy.
uacko04/30/2019
This was also an easy fix, and makes it so much easier on the eyes, lol
Simoyd [PS]04/30/2019
rofl
Simoyd [PS]04/30/2019
wow @uacko that’s pretty funny
Simoyd [PS]04/30/2019
I’m sure fuzzy can fix it in 2 seconds too. he’s just busy with rl
Simoyd [PS]04/30/2019
awesome job heh
Simoyd [PS]04/30/2019
hahaha

1 Like

Divide the price by 100 but multiply the request by 100.

So that statement is only partially correct :joy:

Which still doesn’t account for why baskets aren’t showing up.

Thanks evergreen but don’t waste a lot of time on it.

That doesn’t really address the question here, something less straightforward is occurring with the baskets.

1 Like

I agree, more conversation happened(likely a different channel), I can’t find it, I just remember it all being addressed in this was what was doable in the mean time until Fuzzy could fix things.

Fuzzy made the website, including the database. Simoyd made the price scanner which provides the site with market data. The site has a long history before Simoyd created the scanner.

The reason that baskets aren’t showing up is because the site will only show baskets which have enough budget to buy at least one item. If an item is priced at 1c, and there is a budget of 100c, then the website thinks that the item costs 100c and incurs 10% tax, making it decide that the basket can only afford 100/110 = 0.91 items, which is less than 1, so it doesn’t show the basket.

I’m making an assumption here that the scanner client sends the budget amount to the website (in coin units). It could also be possible that the scanner calculates the purchase-able quantity. In that case it would be Simoyd’s bug. Or it could be some other more complicated interaction.

My userscript is strictly about correcting the values that appear on the website. And it runs on the user’s computer (hence why it is called a userscript), so if you haven’t installed it, then you’re not benefiting from it. When I created it, I wasn’t paying attention to request basket quantity, because I haven’t been selling stuff to request baskets. So I didn’t notice those quantities were wrong in addition to the prices. Here’s an updated script that corrects the buy quantities. This will not make baskets appear that have less than 100 quantity budgeted, but at least the values for the ones that do appear will be correct.

https://hastebin.com/avuhusuvah.js

Again, to make use of this, you have to install it in your browser. (Using Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey extensions for Firefox and Chrome, respectively).

3 Likes

I still am confused why it won’t show baskets buying less than 100 of an item. Take for instance RR feathers. How many people can even afford to buy 100 of those at a time. Usually it’s under 20 at a time.

1 Like

This is all just a side-effect of the website not understanding sub-coin pricing precision, which was introduced in Release 221. When Fuzzy comes back and updates the site to understand sub-coin, all will be back to normal.

3 Likes