Boundless Universal Trade Tracker [BUTT] 2.0

Hey @Mayumichi, first of all, this site is awesome! Yesterday I made 70k just buying/selling thanks to it.
I don’t even know if it’s possible, butt I’d like to know if is possible check the color of items in baskets and shops that specify it.
Price info for colored items are not so useful as for non-colored items. Like, there’s a shop buying gleam for 2.5k, way higher than any other shop, but it is for a specific a rare gleam color and the only way is going there to check it.

Anyway, thanks again!

Unfortunately no, it can’t see more than the knowledge shopping tab, so no color data :frowning:

2 Likes

Tiny bug: Beacon names with a forward slash in them cause the beacon page to not load. Example:
https://butt.boundless.mayumi.fi/#beacon=Markaor%20DK%20P%20X%2FY35

1 Like

Sovereign worlds are now being scanned :slight_smile: I had to throttle them back since there’s a lot more than I anticipated and the server wasn’t happy with it, at all :smiley: A full sovereign world update can take up to 10 hours at the current rate. New worlds are added to the system once a day at midnight UTC.

New items (birthday stuff) were also added, but they’re missing images for now. There’s an automated icon renderer in the works by @willcrutchley which will get rid of my clunky screenshot method, I’ll wait for that to be finished before adding new images.

@JyeGuru I’ll get that fixed when I update the website next time. Can’t promise it’ll be soon, I haven’t had nearly enough time lately to pour in to BUTT :frowning:

13 Likes

The shop stand data is out of sync. I keep ending up on planets and the shops not having what I was looking for on sale and sold out.

How old was the data? A full scan takes about 45-60 minutes, nothing can be done about that, but if the scanning is broken… If you hover over (or long press on mobile) the planet name it’ll tell you.

1 Like

Ok I see, yea someone just beat me to what was on sale. Oh well LOL.

Yeah that’s unfortunate, I always check the in-game shopping tab when I arrive on the planet since that’s 100% live data.

2 Likes

Finally an update!

• Fixed slashes not working in beacon listings (thanks for the report @JyeGuru)
  • Colors and emoji should now be visible (thanks for the emoji images to @Angellus boundlexx API, him and @DreamEvil also helped with color parsing)
  • Links in the side bar to a few useful resources I use often. Feel free to suggest additions to it.
  • Tracked orders, intended to help keeping track of specific shop stands. Mainly useful for shopkeepers, you can now view all your baskets/stands across multiple beacons in a simple list.

Like all my stuff, there’s probably bugs and broken things since I push updates out the moment I get them ready with minimal testing… So keep the reports coming :smiley:

Tracked orders guide:

Start by enabling the tracking actions from the sidebar tracked orders tab

The order list will now show you the buttons (on the right side) to add/remove them from the tracked orders list

Add some orders you want to track and you’re done :slight_smile: Enjoy the ease of keeping track of all the stuff you’re selling/buying. If the order still has some quantity left to sell/buy, the price column will change colors depending on how far it is from the current best prices. It doesn’t really work for forged stuff or rare colors, but for basic resources it’s a pretty good indicator if your prices are still relevant.

The tracked orders also have an estimation feature, which is hard a bit to explain, I hope it’s kind of self explanatory from the images :sweat_smile:

In essence, you set a reference quantity to compare the current order quantity against. In return you can see how many items have been sold to/from the stand/basket and their value. (Tip: click the qty number to set the reference to it, useful for fresh orders which haven’t had any action yet. There’s also quick buttons to set the quantity to a smart stack or a full shop stand/basket)

The value calculations assume you have the tax epic, I could make it configurable but for now I’ll leave it like that, if you’re a shopkeeper you probably have it.

10 Likes

Something I just noticed, if you start a search and click on an option it doesn’t auto refresh you have to manually refresh to see the data. But if you search exactly so that you have typed the items name in completely it does refresh automatically.

Not sure if this is intentional or not so I figured I would share this with you.

So if you search for “orb”, click on pulsating orb, it doesn’t show the pulsating orb prices? Or what do you mean by auto refresh?

That’s correct. It modifies the url but doesn’t refresh the page, you have to do that manually.

Works fine on mobile. Tho I made sure to get rid of the cached data for the website first. So maybe you need to do that as well on your pc

Yeah works for me too, taking it to PM’s to get more details.

1 Like

It looks like it may only happen on some items? This was in an incognito window, so it should be clean.

buttproblems

Since I move fast in the gif there; It looks like it’s happening sometimes with rough oort, and there is a console error image when it happens.

Thanks! Seems related to the color/emoji parsing :thinking: I’ll figure it out in the morning, getting late here ^^

2 Likes

Forgot to mention yesterday that this should be fixed now :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

does this scan sovereign worlds?

Yep! They are!

1 Like

Yes, although at a slower pace (in the worst case scenario twice a day) since there’s so many of them. Priorising the official ones seemed the best compromise since 99% of orders are on them.

4 Likes