Boundless Universal Trade Tracker [BUTT] 2.0

Boundlexx.app has beacons on world atlasses, but I haven’t done well with figuring out how to do it efficiently, and all they can do is show it on the map and you have to figure out navigation based on guessing portals from beacon names.

There doesn’t seem to be a good way to track portals, and that’s usually the best path, so that would be your first big challenge with that task.

darius_mistake_tx

Little too much for me.

I’m just joking of course :stuck_out_tongue:

So i found going to TNT and just staring at the portals for a minute going… i could have swore there was a portal here to that shop…

then pop over to ps hub and then go… i could have swore there was a portal here to that shop…

then pop over to dk’s mall and go… i could have swore there was a portal to here to that shop…

then say… alright fine screw it… I’ll just portal to the planet and then find a hub on planet that gets me close… run to the shop and go… oh look 10 portals that go to every single network and come to find there was a portal to that shop on the top row between two portals i could have swore i reread at least 3 times…

EVERY SINGLE TIME…

4 Likes

Satnav has been a dream for many ppl I think, but sadly there is no API for portals and manually keeping up a database seems like a pita :sweat_smile: There were also plans on making it possible to add travel instructions to BUTT, but it ran in to some issues (moderation and user verification related) so it’s not being worked on atm :confused:

I was playing around with this and the only thing i could think of was setting items for sale in a beacon at a specific price and naming the beacon to say their discord name.

Then picking it up on the next beacon scan

That was the plan initially, but the problem is that the API doesn’t provide any way to identify which beacon an order belongs to, just a beacon name string for each order. So someone could easily name their beacon identically to yours and steal the ownership by identifying as the new owner.

Appears my BUTT is stuck on “loading” :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Any insight into this?

2 Likes

The hosting (OVH) has some issues, will have to wait and see if they can recover

We are currently facing a major incident in our DataCenter of Strasbourg
The whole site has been isolated, which impacts all our services on SBG1, SBG2, SBG3 and SBG4.
If your production is in Strasbourg, we recommend to activate your Disaster Recovery Plan.

edit: Oh, BUTT is on fire :smiley:

We are currently facing a major incident in our DataCenter of Strasbourg with a fire declared in the building SBG2.
Firefighters were immediately on the scene but could not control the fire in SBG2.

10 Likes

They have lost one building and damaged another. I suppose recovery is moving the hosting to other location.
A very unfortunate event!

Regards,

I don’t remember which building it was hosted in, and the purchase confirmations don’t say either. I’ll have to wait and see if it’ll be resurrected, I don’t have the financials to pay for double hosting “just in case”. There were also no daily backups of the database, if I move the hosting, it’ll be a fresh db with no price history.

6 Likes

Given the event, I think that nobody should complain of missing price history.

edit: I meant that OVH will move their host

Regards,

3 Likes

well, thanks for the update, @Mayumichi!
I didn’t really realize until tonight how much I rely on your wonderful creation, so thanks again.

2 Likes

@Mayumichi the b.u.t.t. isn’t loading up on my laptop or phone for it. It might be broke. Can you see if anything is wrong with it please

1 Like

Looks like the European Rust servers were at that datacenter as well. They’re reporting a total loss of data with no backups, too.

3 Likes

4 Likes

They moved to Water cooling? :grin:

5 Likes

Is this a dedicated server? If you login to your control panel you should be able to see which building your server is in via the control panel, that is for OVH, SYS and KS servers.

when you login you should see Data centre SBGX Rack: XXXXX - Server ID: XXXXXX

looks like buildings 1 and 4 are still okay https://www.ovh.com/world/community/status/

1 Like