Boundless Universal Trade Tracker [BUTT] 2.0

Nope it’s (was) a VPS, the control panel just errors out when selecting it :stuck_out_tongue: Now that I think of it I have no idea where the VPS was actually located at, OVH could dynamically assign and shift them around for all I know.

edit: Found some documentation which suggests I should be able to find the room info from the manager, but since the whole VPS has disappeared from the listings I can only assume it was hosted in one of the damaged rooms :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Do we have an estimated date for when the BUTT may find a new home and be back up? As someone said, I also didn’t realize how much I used it until it was gone :no_mouth: Don’t personally mind losing history, its a cool feature, but not an essential one…

1 Like

Have you tried unplugging it for 5 mins then plugging it back in?

2 Likes

Well look at the Good thing these will bring everyone Footfall again seeing we have to Search for things like the ol days XD

4 Likes

I wouldn’t expect to get an ETA on BUTT until they find out about the status of the previous server. No need to change hosting if access to that server is restored.

In the meantime, you can use https://www.boundlexx.app/items/browse/ to find prices. It’s no BUTT, but it’s better than nothing. It loads slower and is harder to use, but it works and it has a link to the atlas to see where the shop stand is.

5 Likes

Nixbot by @DreamEvil also provides shopping data searches in the TNT discord, until we get our BUTT back =)

4 Likes

Thnx guys, good looks!

@RobZadouch OVH’s latest update outlined a 2 week plan to restore the damaged parts of the datacenter. I did send a ticket asking about the current state of the VPS and possible future actions but I’m not expecting an answer any time soon, they’re most likely receiving a buttload of tickets like that and have no idea themselves yet how it’s going to pan out.

I’ve already paid for more than a year’s worth of hosting with them so I’m not going to migrate to another one unless it’s necessary. And certainly not before getting a refund, I’m not that rich :sweat_smile:

It’s also not something that can be done with just a button click, I didn’t make it an easy deployable since I wasn’t expecting to move it, there were many random things from the vhost config to cron jobs that had to be set up in a fairly specific way for it to function properly, which in hind sight I should’ve documented :smiley:. Maybe this will teach me to do that in the future… Would likely take a few days of work just to get it running somewhere else, so I would rather wait for them to tell me it’s lost until I waste time setting it up somewhere else.

10 Likes

I’m sure we can all agree that we will be waiting in anticipation for that GLORIOUS BUTT to be back online!

5 Likes

As someone who loves to look at and peruse that BUTT, I’m sure there are those of us who would donate to a GoFundMe in case you need to move to another site and new a funds boost.

4 Likes

how does that even happen? do they throw the backups in a box next to the server?

2 Likes

Not sure they had a plan for their entire building to catch fire and burn down.

4 Likes

I mean, ideally they should, but reality isn’t always ideal :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Maybe they had it in one of the other buildings and just can not get to it yet. We can hope =)

1 Like

I know I’m updating our backup policies at work after this. You normally don’t think “oh yeah, those cloud servers could catch fire and both primary and backup servers will literally melt”, even if I had a textbook teach me it in college.

3 Likes

I call this an organic stack lol.

It just sort of grew into that spot and it’s probably going to die if you try and move it :rofl:

4 Likes

this is quite informative of the situation. ^^

2 Likes

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: OMG I can’t believe it!

So sad this happened! I can already feel the impact… Sales have dropped off at Tiger Lake.

1 Like

In my last job in a electronic supplies store my boss developed the system to control all the selling and the database for all the products, the thing is, that damn system was running in a 15 or more years old laptop and it couldn’t be moved or installed in any other PC because he didn’t want to break the damn thing.

I just keep wondering what the hell is going to happen to that business the day that old machine dies.

1 Like