Boundless Universal Trade Tracker [BUTT] 2.0

The BUTT should just be a part of the core game imho. It’s such an important part of pricing/shopping to be able to search the universe - especially with so many planets these days.

Wonderstruck should just pay you for the rights to implement it in game @Mayumichi

3 Likes

The only problem is that the way its done in the game is just a hacked in… thing.

we need something that actually catalogs the data for the whole universe and is presented to the player like they have in literally ANY other mmo.

2 Likes

There are many MMOs that choose not to do this in order to make things more about local pricing and hunting for the best price. It’s just a different style of market. Having this world-only search is halfway between “go to the market to check the price” and “globally visible market”. There’s another step in the global trade direction, which is a global commodities trading post, but that would eliminate the need to leave home entirely.

Anyway, my point is that there are a variety of systems, and it’s about preferred market style, not one better than another.
To counter all of that, I agree that having a universal price checker in-game would be fantastic for Boundless, since we already have it using outside tools.

2 Likes

A good example of world spanning game markets would be WoW, Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, Swtor.
Something similar should be in Boundless.

Also up for sending a little money to help out, I use your BUTT all the time, and I don’t even know you, I should at least be paying…

2 Likes

Why BUTT is not loading? :disappointed_relieved: I’m no computer wiz. No idea what to do

Wow…just read the forums…it’s everywhere. The server burnt down. No more Butt. For now that is

2 Likes

Omg… I’m so sorry. I didn’t read through the previous posts :pray:

1 Like

That’s sounds sad…in multiple ways :rofl:

5 Likes

just little b butt left now.

lets be honest here, in the age of Nintendo that sort of stuff would be have been fine but in the day of the internet, players are just going to work around any sort of hindrance that developers add; just because they think its “cool” doesn’t mean its cool for the player. doing stuff like this in this day in age is just annoying…

if i cant find something cheap i just dont buy it, i make it, so the only thing not having easy access to see prices does it kill footfall for all the people’s plots i would run though to go buy stuff.

looks like restoration date is the 17th building 1 and 22nd for 3 & 4, so if butt wasnt in those buildings then maybe it will be recoverable.

2 Likes

I tried asking them multiple times which building the VPS was hosted in since that info isn’t available to me anymore, to no avail. Just standard copypaste responses that they have had a major incident and a link to the update page. I guess only time will tell in what state does it come back up.

5 Likes

Is it down or do I have to use a special browser?

It’s down.

yep, sucks, well find out on wensday or monday…

See people this is why you work on competing products even if one already exists.

1 Like

It’s a shame that my butt couldn’t substitute, because even though it wouldn’t know anything useful about the markets in Boundless, there’s plenty of it to go round.

4 Likes

Something that seems so critically essential to the community should definitely be involved in whatever update comes next after what is being done currently.

Now back in my days, we had to jump to each planet, run to each beacon, to each shop stand… rely on signs to be accurate… to actually see the built wonders of the worlds…

10 Likes

There are many other Shops trackers. Some works some nahhh

Tools to gather this data are still available, just not to everyone, having the butt levels the playing field for everyone.

1 Like