Bounty hunting and raiding

Reading this insinuates that that guilds compete only on a level of how powerful they are, not at all through raiding or pvp. How disappointing… It will still be something amazing, i’m sure.

I see no indication of a implemented leaderboard at all. It just says the more powerful guilds will have a higher standing. That is kind of natural^^

NO RAIDING I HATE BEING RADED IN MINECRAFT SO BIG NO FOR ME but bounty hunting sounds fun

It used to. i promise you :smile:

Also what else would it be? it seems to be a quantitive count. they might very well have changed it, but im not quite sure what else it would be useful for.

1 Like

That definitely sounds like a good idea. You mean like someone could put a price on a player like in GTA 5 online and then they drop specific or when all players die they drop some kind of orb that has their name on it as proof you killed them. I guess liket that you could be like general grevious and build up a collection of trophies from your foes!

2 Likes

Thanks for answering my question at hand. I was wondering what it meant

1 Like

it used to say something along the lines of “Compete against other guilds for the top spot on the leaderboards!”

Aahhhhhhh. That makes more sense.

It seems like the number of PvP interested people here is slowly rising (:tada: yay :tada:) if this trend continues the devs might take a deeper look at PvP at some later stage of development, which I would really approve (my first thread in this forum was about raiding after all :smile: )

One thing that´s pretty much for sure though is that PvP will be restricted to dedicated PvP worlds. So the devs would need to implement a way to encourage players to build/store their stuff on a PvP world (risk/reward etc.) without making it unfair to players that exclusively play on PvE worlds.
For raiding I´d like to see something similar to Clash of Clans:
On PvP worlds other players can destroy your build (maybe only by using explosive arrows etc.). If they manage to get access to one of your chests they are able to loot x% of the stored materials (no items, wearables etc.) and if they manage to destroy some core structure (beacon block) they get some extra reward (ranking). After that your beacon gets protected until you´ve logged in again (to prevent one group/player from locating all your chests and looting them again and again in a short period of time). As soon as you enter your beacon again it quickly regenerates all structures (within seconds or minutes) just like in clash of clans.

Regarding to bounty:
The only MMO with a real bounty system I know is EvE Online where it is rarely used for its purpose and mostly it gets just abused (friends killing each other and sharing the bounty between them etc.). So experience tells that bounty systems in MMOs rarely work, as awesome as they might sound.

1 Like

Yea I see your point there it was just something I was thinking about towards maybe being able to hire out on other jobs other than building. Towards the looting I think clash of clans is a definite contender as a role model. With all this new machinery I wouldn’t doubt that eventually you could build fortifications egcannons, arrow launchers etc. Esp if pets/mounts are ever implemented that would add for some great calvary battles!

1 Like

Whether a bounty system is implemented or not, there will be players willing to place a price on others’ heads. Proving a kill is the only challenge left.

1 Like

Yea that’s what Javrax was issuing about. As I said in a last post possibly every time a player is killed no matter what an orb with their name on it is dropped(kinda like their life source) and then you show that to those who ordered him to be killed

this is something i had already envisioned but the community was vacillating about it. (maybe you can add something to this topic)

like to see this too. i realy hope we get real PvP and not only fun PvP

this is amazing. maybe you can build some showcase at your beacon so you can scare off attackers because they see how good you are … :smiley:

That sounds like a really cool way of incorporating it into builds and the physical world. I myself just thought of it as a kind of an inventory thing but you sir just came up with an even better idea

As far as i think, you will only have a few worlds with pvp, and thus raiding, and i read (or at leats i think XD) if they implement the raid system, everything wich gets broken will be repaired to it’s initial/previous state.

Also, don use CAPS for saying that, put some arguments.

I always see this strange thing where people are like “Yeah it would be awesome to raid others” and “yeah it would be awesome if we could destroy other peoples forts and take their stuff” but as soon as it ACTUALLY happens to them, they will come complain about it on the forums.

My biggest thing about this is just that i PERSONALLY dont think is worth the time the devs might need to use on it, as long as it is opt in or only certain worlds the actual system would be fine for me even though i think it would be a waste of the devs resources.

1 Like

Only certain worlds would be ideal for everyone. People know what they are getting into that way.

I totally agree with you as I would much rather have other items implemented into the game rather than PVP it I had to choose how the devs spent their time on the game. It was just a thought as I thought that,that post meant there would be some form of PVP. I definitely would be one those who turns around and starts complaining about it

Just read your topic and thought it was good. I do love the idea of pickpocketing in game but I just don’t see how non NPC players could be stupid enough to not be looking when you’re doing it. The only way I could see that is if some form of policing system was incorporated :so if you say stole some money/materials you could do it even though they were looking as long as they weren’t aware of what your doing and then when you get the materials you literally leg it away BUT so the other player has a chance then a policing system would either try and take you down thus returning the goods or as I said put a bounty on your head

Oh yes, no doubt about it. Wouldn’t be much fun if you wanted to live peacefully and then was just killed by another player and you had no choice in the matter.