Bring boundless to Nintendo switch please

Don’t you guys think this game would be perfect on switch?

11 Likes

Since the announcement of NMS including the sales of the console I still wonder why the game is not yet released. If boundless is no longer a playstation exclusive game, then I think yes it should be released on nintendo switch that could boost the game and give a good advertising boost. If Hello Games was able to rise after so much criticism, boundless can too, it’s in the hand of the devs and SE.

Who knows? Maybe they are working on it, that’s why they are so quiet :man_shrugging: :laughing:

3 Likes

I’d definitely get it. I usually roll with my switch when I’m visit family in case I get bored

1 Like

I would agree if development is to continue.

2 Likes

Omg yes!! Boundless on the road?! Sign me up :heart:

5 Likes

Ooh ooh ooh Yesh Me Need Boundless for switch me only have Cuphead on switch and we’ll that’s it lol

3 Likes

I’d love to see it, but that would be tough - I’m shocked Hello Games somehow is managing it with NMS, even some of the most supportive fans online I’ve seen are expressing some skepticism over it. Even Minecraft seems to struggle on the Switch, had a number of issues with it there compared to other platforms.

I think, if they were to invest in bringing it to another platform, Xbox would be a better option - strike a deal to bring it to Game Pass day one. I think they could sell MS on it, explain this game never got needed exposure and has had a lot of improvements since launch. That’s 25 million players with free access to it. Keep even a small fraction of a % of those we’d be way over anything we’ve ever seen. But the deal would have to include reworking things to handle a very large influx, larger caps for example, and also ideally time to rework the NPE a little first.

For portable Boundless, I talked about this in another thread, but any manage to get a Steam Deck yet? I got bumped back to Q2. :frowning: Planning to try Boundless on it ASAP. Also, Valve expressed willingness to work with Xbox to get Game Pass on Steam - Valve, Microsoft already talking about Xbox Game Pass on Steam - Polygon so that would be another thing in going with MS over Nintendo.

4 Likes

If they got sony to play nice with Microsoft to allow that, that would be absolutely amazing. Especially with gamepass having it along with the play anywhere titles.

I would simply like a deal like what what genshin has with the cross save on mobile PS4/5 and PC if it was brought to the switch. I only get on my PS4 when I have to bomb clear a large area that I don’t want to do manually.

I got bumped to Q3 for my steam deck :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I’m still holding out for a Commodore Amiga version of Boundless. 8000 floppy disks to swap every time you move to the next chunk.

2 Likes

With geforce NOW there’s already boundless on the road :rofl::wink::crazy_face:

2 Likes

@HOST Lol maybe so but my road already owns a Nintendo switch which sometimes goes to work with me :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Whilst it would be nice to have, I think Boundless would require far more power than the Switch currently has available. My PC already chugs sometimes playing the game, and it’s a real resource hog when it comes to the internet.

Also I think the game in general is coming to the end of its life now, with the developers moving on to other projects and future updates being uncertain. I hope they manage to find the time and money to get the “last” update finished and released at some point, but it’s very unlikely any further ports will happen.

1 Like

Das wäre zu cool…auf der Arbeit in der Pause zu spielen xD ich warte hoffnungsvoll drauf :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think this is mostly draw distance and update issues … plus the obvious complexity issues on some builds.

However, I’d say at the low res of the Steam deck, and the fact that all of this makes the game a decent mixture of CPU/GPU bound work … it could cope with it. The Switch, though … hmm … maybeif it were mobile optimised.

On the one hand (as I’ve suggested, elsewhere) I think that a simplified (think, different shader styles, less of everything) that this game could work on many Android devices. However MANY Andy devices run better SOCs than the Switch’s NVidia Shield insides, and iOS, too. Lest we not forget, that chipset is about 5 or more years old now, it’s only slightly better than the almost ancient NVidia Shield K1 … and I’m 100% certain (and quite annoyed if I’m honest) that part of the deal with the Shield was a “non-compete” of sorts to NVidia to not put out another Tablet1.

All this is to say I’ve honestly been fully let down by the Switch in general … I mean … I know that Nintendo always do the “but it’s the games” thing, and rightly so, they’re aces at it. However this is the modern world, and my old K1 tablet can pretty much push out 4k video (maybe HDR at 30) from its mini-HDMI socket. That Ninny never either put more power in the dock, or released a Switch Pro has meant that I never invested, despite wanting to play … eh … … Zelda?

The Steam deck, too, is too much of a compromise for me right now, as it’s just the wrong side of functionality with the power it has. I’m not cash rich, and I have no income, so with something like the Steam deck I would only buy it to replace my gaming PC. To do that, it needs to have Thunderbolt out, at least at gen 3, preferably gen 4. 2

Look, I realise that all this is dumb extra money, and I know both the Steam deck and the Switch are amazing, plus I’m totally not doing the “I’ll wait until it has a kitchen sink” thing … but featureset is important to me. It’s why I waited so long to upgrade my GPU (and switch to AMD as NVIDIA are low key *the worst*) and I’m so much happier. But also the Steam CEO already mentioned Steam deck 2 (and why not?), and whatever APU they base it on from AMD will either have built in USB4 or Thunderbolt 4 (USB4 includes this) functionality as has just been confirmed.

Anyway, all is to say that whilst it would be nice to have it on either platform (and it should run on Steam Deck) I think @bucfanpaka is right that XBox is the right one.

Not because I own one, but because it’s the widest possible audience (outside of mobile) that can access it across their multi-generational One X/S and Series X/S line-up.

I’d definitely think that putting it on Gold for a month would be a SERIOUSLY a good idea for the playerbase, but absolutely … get it on Game Pass for as long as is financially applicable first. Then maybe do a GOLD month after that? I dunno. Either way, if I could get hold of it at around £25*, I would definitely play with mouse and keyboard on my XBox One X if I could, but I can’t afford Game Pass.

All this said, though, I mention it a few times … a much simpler look and feel could really go great guns at a low price on mobile. SRSLY.

footnotes

1 This obviously makes sense, for both companies … since any newer Shield Tab would likely dwarf the Switch’s power … even a year or so after they released it they were pushing 4K HDR 60 with Dolby Vision from the same SOC (plus change). If NVidia had been able to continue that innovation3 then I’m sure that we’d be laughing ridiculously at Apple’s mobile silicon right now.

2 The AMD chips in the Deck don’t do that, but they are *excellent* otherwise. If I were buying right now, I would rather shell out for a oneXplayer or winGPD device with latest intel silicon with slightly less capable mobile graphics, but the ability to plug in an eGPU (look at this beautiful thing!) would essentially make it fully capable. Make no mistake, these are all great devices, and *decent* handheld gaming PCs have existed before the Deck, but with the Deck, OneXPlayer, and Aya Neo current gen, this is the true first gen of handheld gaming PCs. The next will be amazing.

3 NVidia are actually (strangely) I think the biggest or most profitable chip maker in the world, there’s no way that they have not developed the X1 successor, and/or further.

1 Like

You have to look at the switch as a fancy PS vita that also has the ability to connect to a 2k tv. It’s a portable at the end of the day.